Liquidation Channel

Updated August 18, 2014
Updated August 18, 2014
2.2

Gerald Tempton

Room for growth for the right person

Current Employee - CS  in  Austin, TX
    Current Employee - CS in Austin, TX

I have been working at Liquidation Channel full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Room for growth, fast growing company. The fact is yes the company doesn't pay well. But for those who work hard there are opportunities for growth.

Cons

low pay for entry level, high turnover rate

My advice would be increase pay for entry level employees to attract people who will stay longer

The company is becoming better, but they are very unprofessional.

Former Employee - Call Center Agent  in  Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Call Center Agent in Austin, TX

I worked at Liquidation Channel part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The flexibility for a work schedule.

Cons

Upper management is very unprofessional, and they do not care about the little guys.

Learn what really causes the customer issues. There needs to be better quality control. The amount of NILS were ridiculous.

Will use any excuse to keep your wage low.

I worked at Liquidation Channel for more than a year

Pros

I had an OK schedule. They provide free coffee, tea and hot chocolate. They try to keep morale up by doing pot lucks, but workers usually provide the food.

Cons

The pay is low, so it's a revolving door, but I noticed key people stay probably due to the nepotism . Management will use an extensive rubric to gauge your performance on a monthly basis, and use that as an excuse to keep you at entry level pay, they also use use that as "training". So you are tested before you are properly trained. The soft ware and computer system used to take orders is painfully inept, too slow, and not properly maintained.

The software is not that user friendly that you can just afford replace your employees with out your customers suffering. Low pay gives little incentive for people to do their best.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Who is leaving these 5 star reviews? They can't be working where I work.

I have been working at Liquidation Channel full-time for more than a year

Pros

Excellent insurance if you can get yourself hired on full time (Good Luck)

Cons

As a CS Agent you will start at 9.50
    After 3 months you may get an increase to 10.50
    After 3-4 months of perfect reveiws after that you may get increased to 11.70
    THAT is the most you'll ever make. Currently we are on a "Pay Freeze", indefinatley, so everyone will be making 9.50, indefinately.
    Also there is a TORNADO turn over rate. Example:
    I've been here two years and I've been under 10 Supervisors, 4 managers, and 3 Call Center Directors, and I've lost count of all the agents we've lost. Just when things get manageable someone quits/gets fired and everything is terrible again.

Remember that your employees are your internal customers and that you should invest in your team; even the hourly members. When you send out emails about how we are more profitable than ever, it is a slap in the face to everyone who is waiting to be full time, or for a raise. Also, please stop remodling your offices with all the profits while we use ancient computers, sit in stained up chairs, and children sized desks.

Poor company to work for with no structure and no future. Unless you like being at the bottom.

I have been working at Liquidation Channel

Pros

Not really any worth mentioning unless you like being put in commercial and not being paid for it. They actually put customers on hold while they parade around the call center and shoot there pure scripted and un rehearsed. Commercials. They are still running commercial that where made with employees they let go months ago. It's one thing to be ask if you would like to be in a commercial it's another to expect it.

Cons

None if any room for advancement. Especially in pay. The incentive program is a joke. 1% of your goal which I have exceeded every month that I have been there which comes out to be about $20.00 extra a month. And I have a degree in Jewelry. The sad thing is they actually have allot of wonderful people working for there company.

The saddest thing of all is that the liquidation channel could be the best jewelry channel on television. If they would just pay there employees what there worth and get there act together.

Great potential, but dishonest hiring practices and low compensation.

Current Employee - Current Employee  in  Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Current Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Liquidation Channel full-time for more than a year

Pros

opportunity to learn in a variety of areas
    good health benefits

Cons

HR misrepresents bonuses and does not disclose extensive vacation blackout period
    Very low compensation
    Outdated technology
    Nepotism in management positions

Survey the job market to make sure you are offering fair salaries and don't hide the vacation blackout period or misrepresent bonuses to new hires. Educate all managers about current American HR standards and policies.

It is a good Job, but would like more pay

I have been working at Liquidation Channel full-time for more than a year

Pros

Its a good job to work here.

Cons

They need to give employee like myself more pay and be able to move up level instead of favorite people they really like. They should give every one who want to move up level a chance to move up. Also monitoring our call and it make it hard for employees to get raise because if we dont get a high score for 3 straight month then we get a raise.

IF we are family then let all employee know because they are feeling like they are not part of the family. We low pay employee dont feel like we are part of the family.

Completely Oppressive!

Former Employee - Production  in  Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Production in Austin, TX

I worked at Liquidation Channel full-time for more than a year

Pros

Lot's of growth, but they don't know how to manage it.

Cons

Absolute confusion and lack of management

Change it

Loyalty will not be rewarded here, but it's a great place to begin in TV.

Former Employee - On-Air Host  in  Austin, TX
    Former Employee - On-Air Host in Austin, TX

I worked at Liquidation Channel full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

They have good jewelry at good prices. If I were to ever buy a Tanzanite ring I would get it from them.
    If you need to get a start in the TV business, this is a good place in a great city. They promote from within.

Cons

The company is infused with the acceptance of low production pay. Hosts were not provided clothing stipends and received salaries well under $50k. Producers and Directors as well received salaries under $40k. Regular yearly reviews with your team lead, or manager were not done.

Worked here almost two years. Best job I've ever had.

I have been working at Liquidation Channel full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company is amazing, and the people are great. Despite what else you might read (who probably don't work here anymore for a reason), the people and management are great.

The whole "ghetto" statement given previously is ridiculous. Their is a dress code in place that is enforced (i.e. no shorts, no torn clothing, no revealing clothing, etc). This just sounds like petty rambling (perhaps the skin color was too dark for someone's taste?).

There is minimal training, because the job is not that hard. Most people are able to do their job after 1-2 days of training. The management staff are professional and competent (bad scheduling, hard to change? Sounds like you couldn't get the nice M-F you wanted), and are always able to help solve issues that arise. One of the current managers started the same day as me, and they got promoted because they started at the bottom, and worked hard to move their way up.

Headphones are shared, but that's not uncommon. You also have to share computers and cubicles as well. Don't know why everyone expects their own little office area. And they have sanitizing wipes throughout the call center in case anyone wants to wipe down their stations just in case. And the cubicles themselves? 4.5 feet wide (yes, I just measured!)

Cons

The number of calls can be a lot during special sales days, but that's true everywhere.

The starting out pay isn't as much as other call centers, but well above other jobs (i.e. retail, serving, etc). Although, you can always just do a good job, and get moved to another department with higher pay like I did (happens frequently).

Open up another position so I can be promoted!

Worked for Liquidation Channel? Contribute to the Community!