Listingbook Reviews

Randall Kaplan

Reality check

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Pros

The product is widely loved by users nationwide. It continues to improve steadily and is recovering from some design mistakes that were made in a couple of areas in the past. Compensation is fair and benefits packages are actually better than most companies with which I'm familiar.

Cons

Some of the folks that work here are either spoiled by previous experiences or think way too much of themselves. As I have read some of the other reviews I almost laughed aloud. They need a dose of reality. I like my co-workers immensely but the few chronic complainers are the ones that drag down the morale. What they perceive as micro-management is involved leadership. They need to grow up and shut up or find another job!

Advice to Management

Focus on the product and profitability. Treat people according to the golden rule.

Steady decline

Pros

The product has improved and has the potential to be so much more, with added focus on the right issues. Co-workers are great!

Cons

Leadership continues to suffer in most departments. Morale is at an all time low and most attempts at trying to shed light on the important issues is ignored. Consistency with follow through is weak.

Advice to Management

You have some great people working for the company. Many of them with years of knowledge and experience. Listen to their concerns and work on resolving things in a timely fashion and appreciate the loyalty and hard word so many people have provided.

An accuate update of where the company stands today

I have been working at Listingbook full-time

Pros

The product is making improvements and concerns from our customers are being addressed.

Cons

It is very obvious that the company is struggling financially. Our benefits were reduced by 50% and are now required to work on Black Friday. The CEO is micromanaging and doesn't seem to be in touch with basic business "best practices".

Advice to Management

Employee moral is essential for maximizing productivity. This is a very basic concept that is being ignored. Please focus some time and money on the employees of your business. Cutting benefits, requiring us to work Black Friday in the same year that health insurance doubled was just not a step in the right direction. It is not too late to turn this around!

Listingbook Response

May 6, 2015 – HR Manager

Thank you for your feedback. We’re glad you feel we’re making improvements to our product. This is a main point of focus for us and we’re working hard to get it right. As far as a reduction in ... More

5. Moving in the right direction

Pros

Transparency and communication have improved dramatically since my employment began with Listingbook. As of late, employee feedback seems to be more acknowledged by upper management. I believe there is a direct correlation between this and the drastic transformation the product has gone through over the past year. With new products on the horizon, I feel we have turned the corner and will continue to be a necessary component to a real estate agents’ business.

Cons

Poor decisions in the past put the company on the wrong path to success which at times was very frustrating to be a part of. This was compounded by multiple leadership changes which has stabilized over the past year.

Advice to Management

Continue on the path of product improvement, new product development and a newfound acknowledgement that every employee has a valued voice!

6. Sales Rep

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Listingbook full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company has made some tremendous improvements in the last 12 months. They have a new management team that gets involved in the day to day operations and critical decisions that need to be made. The product has improved dramatically to the point that it's complete set of features are unmatched with any other system. Morale has improved as well and the team has become close knit.

Cons

The company lost some valuable time during its clean-up period but things seem to be picking up.

Advice to Management

Keep pushing to get these new products ready to sell. Our customers need them.

7. A good opportunity marred by poor administration and lack of direction

I worked at Listingbook full-time

Pros

I worked with some excellent and talented people and I developed my communication and problem mitigation skills. I also picked up new skills as I worked which allowed me to advance within the company.

Cons

Poor communication with administration. Slow to respond to challenges both among employees and customers. Some of the most important issues were tabled while low impact issues were resolved.

Advice to Management

More focus on development of employee skills in order to maximize work effectiveness.

8. Great Vision but Money is Tight

I have been working at Listingbook full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You can learn a lot at Listingbook. There are ample opportunities to grow from the experiences. CEO is engaged and hands-on.

Cons

Several managers have come and go lately, and it is not clear what the future prospects are for the business. The Listingbook Ai system is buggy and has caused a lot of consumer complaints and lost business.

Advice to Management

Continue to improve Listingbook Ai and win back the confidence of the agents!

My experience was best summed up as "educational."

Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Greensboro, NC
    Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Greensboro, NC

I worked at Listingbook full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are some talented people to learn from if you can gain their confidence

Cons

The mood and atmosphere during my time was "toxic," at times it was very negative with meetings filled with yelling

Advice to Management

Change the culture, perspective and speak to the worker bees -- a simple good morning would suffice.

False hope under New Leadership

I worked at Listingbook full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Product has potential. There are many caring, hard-working people that are willing to listen to ideas on a lower level. Atmosphere is laid back for the most part.

Cons

New leadership cleaned house, brought in new people, and gave hope of a better work environment but nothing changed. Same glitches and broken promises. Moral continues to be very low.

Advice to Management

Listen to everyone with an open-mind. Employees who hear the complaints or praises of the outside can bring greater insights to developmental changes to a product that could be the greatest tool for agents.

Good People, Good Product, Poor Management

Former Employee - Technical in Greensboro, NC
    Former Employee - Technical in Greensboro, NC

I worked at Listingbook full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Always challenging work to keep you interested

Cons

No vision, No direction, Reactionary decision making

RSS Feed </> Embed