Listingbook

Updated May 19, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Randall Catlin

A good opportunity marred by poor administration and lack of direction

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI worked with some excellent and talented people and I developed my communication and problem mitigation skills. I also picked up new skills as I worked which allowed me to advance within the company.

ConsPoor communication with administration. Slow to respond to challenges both among employees and customers. Some of the most important issues were tabled while low impact issues were resolved.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore focus on development of employee skills in order to maximize work effectiveness.

Great Vision but Money is Tight

ProsYou can learn a lot at Listingbook. There are ample opportunities to grow from the experiences. CEO is engaged and hands-on.

ConsSeveral managers have come and go lately, and it is not clear what the future prospects are for the business. The Listingbook Ai system is buggy and has caused a lot of consumer complaints and lost business.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to improve Listingbook Ai and win back the confidence of the agents!

My experience was best summed up as "educational."

Graphic Designer (Former Employee) Greensboro, NC

ProsThere are some talented people to learn from if you can gain their confidence

ConsThe mood and atmosphere during my time was "toxic," at times it was very negative with meetings filled with yelling

Advice to Senior ManagementChange the culture, perspective and speak to the worker bees -- a simple good morning would suffice.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

False hope under New Leadership

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsProduct has potential. There are many caring, hard-working people that are willing to listen to ideas on a lower level. Atmosphere is laid back for the most part.

ConsNew leadership cleaned house, brought in new people, and gave hope of a better work environment but nothing changed. Same glitches and broken promises. Moral continues to be very low.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to everyone with an open-mind. Employees who hear the complaints or praises of the outside can bring greater insights to developmental changes to a product that could be the greatest tool for agents.

Good People, Good Product, Poor Management

Technical (Former Employee) Greensboro, NC

ProsAlways challenging work to keep you interested

ConsNo vision, No direction, Reactionary decision making

Felt like I was working in someones delusion of a company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThere are some good people who work there that really care. The office was nice and quiet and as long as nothing was blowing up you would go for a nice long lunch.

ConsThis company is a .com run by real estate people, they don't understand technology. They make decisions like abandoning the LAMP stack to rebuild the site in Cold Fusion. The application programing is very poor and instead of addressing application issues like scraping tables and using indexes they pressure the platform team to buy faster network switches servers etc. Its like I spent my day riding in a car that was making a bad noise and being instructed by the CEO to turn up the radio to make the bad noise go away. You get the feeling after working there that the CEO who has had no executive experience is just using his inheritance and listingbook as his avenue to say that he is doing something with himself.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire some leaders that know what they are doing.

Nice people but lost in the woods

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Greensboro, NC

ProsGreat team to work with. Very friendly co-workers. Good pay.

ConsNone of the top management has any software technology experience, from technical senior VP's to Sales to Marketing and Design to the owner. Sometimes it is frustrating to see the same newbie mistakes being made by top management over and over again.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to hire senior management (VP and up) who have real wold experience in a Technology/Web business. Much of your problems could be avoided.

Senior leadership is clueless as to how their clients actually use their product

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Greensboro, NC

ProsWell paid and good benefits for the size of the company. Downtown location is rundown and not especially nice but I do enjoy the hustle and bustle of working downtown.
    Original concept was excellent but it has morphed somewhat into a different product.

ConsRecent revamping of the product had caused problems. The clients needs were not considered for the most part.
    The president "moved on" and the CEO took over the day to day management of the company. His technology expertise is limited (his other business is car washes). His original role was that of primary and major investor.
    If the CEO asks your opinion try to determine what he already thinks. If you get it wrong you may find yourself without a job in a few weeks.
    For a company this small internal communication is very poor. Much information is found out through rumor and gossip. New products are rolled out with no information provided to staff. We find out from our clients making us look somewhat less than professional.

Advice to Senior Management1. Please hire someone in senior management who has actual technology experience and implementation experience.
    2. Please hire someone in senior management who has actual real estate experience.
    3. A good consulting firm could do wonders for the company, establish processes and procedures.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Director sales

Director of Sales (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsI don't have anything to say

ConsMicro management is how they work

Advice to Senior ManagementChange the management

Easy Going Real Estate Firm

Sales Manager (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsFlexible Hours and Huge Commissions

ConsCommission Only, Lots of Driving and plenty of paperwork

Worked for Listingbook? Contribute to the Community!