Listingbook

Updated August 7, 2014
Updated August 7, 2014
2.9

Randall Kaplan

Excellent potential overshadowed by poor decisions and lack of direction

I have been working at Listingbook full-time

Pros

A product with such potential. Excellent people that seem to genuinely care for each other. There are people at Listingbook that really care and believe in the product they support.

Cons

The decision makers in the company do not listen to the employees. Feedback from employees that have worked with or still work directly with the customers is non-existing. Extremely understaffed. Moral is extremely low partly due to layoffs.

Hold employee feedback meetings regarding new products. You'd be surprised at what the company could gain. These meetings may help put the company on the right track. Keep promises to employees and customers.

A good opportunity marred by poor administration and lack of direction

I worked at Listingbook full-time

Pros

I worked with some excellent and talented people and I developed my communication and problem mitigation skills. I also picked up new skills as I worked which allowed me to advance within the company.

Cons

Poor communication with administration. Slow to respond to challenges both among employees and customers. Some of the most important issues were tabled while low impact issues were resolved.

More focus on development of employee skills in order to maximize work effectiveness.

Great Vision but Money is Tight

I have been working at Listingbook full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You can learn a lot at Listingbook. There are ample opportunities to grow from the experiences. CEO is engaged and hands-on.

Cons

Several managers have come and go lately, and it is not clear what the future prospects are for the business. The Listingbook Ai system is buggy and has caused a lot of consumer complaints and lost business.

Continue to improve Listingbook Ai and win back the confidence of the agents!

My experience was best summed up as "educational."

Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Greensboro, NC
    Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Greensboro, NC

I worked at Listingbook full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There are some talented people to learn from if you can gain their confidence

Cons

The mood and atmosphere during my time was "toxic," at times it was very negative with meetings filled with yelling

Change the culture, perspective and speak to the worker bees -- a simple good morning would suffice.

False hope under New Leadership

I worked at Listingbook full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Product has potential. There are many caring, hard-working people that are willing to listen to ideas on a lower level. Atmosphere is laid back for the most part.

Cons

New leadership cleaned house, brought in new people, and gave hope of a better work environment but nothing changed. Same glitches and broken promises. Moral continues to be very low.

Listen to everyone with an open-mind. Employees who hear the complaints or praises of the outside can bring greater insights to developmental changes to a product that could be the greatest tool for agents.

Good People, Good Product, Poor Management

Former Employee - Technical in Greensboro, NC
    Former Employee - Technical in Greensboro, NC

I worked at Listingbook full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Always challenging work to keep you interested

Cons

No vision, No direction, Reactionary decision making

Felt like I was working in someones delusion of a company

I worked at Listingbook full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There are some good people who work there that really care. The office was nice and quiet and as long as nothing was blowing up you would go for a nice long lunch.

Cons

This company is a .com run by real estate people, they don't understand technology. They make decisions like abandoning the LAMP stack to rebuild the site in Cold Fusion. The application programing is very poor and instead of addressing application issues like scraping tables and using indexes they pressure the platform team to buy faster network switches servers etc. Its like I spent my day riding in a car that was making a bad noise and being instructed by the CEO to turn up the radio to make the bad noise go away. You get the feeling after working there that the CEO who has had no executive experience is just using his inheritance and listingbook as his avenue to say that he is doing something with himself.

Hire some leaders that know what they are doing.

Nice people but lost in the woods

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

I have been working at Listingbook as a contractor

Pros

Great team to work with. Very friendly co-workers. Good pay.

Cons

None of the top management has any software technology experience, from technical senior VP's to Sales to Marketing and Design to the owner. Sometimes it is frustrating to see the same newbie mistakes being made by top management over and over again.

Need to hire senior management (VP and up) who have real wold experience in a Technology/Web business. Much of your problems could be avoided.

Senior leadership is clueless as to how their clients actually use their product

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

I have been working at Listingbook full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Well paid and good benefits for the size of the company. Downtown location is rundown and not especially nice but I do enjoy the hustle and bustle of working downtown.
    Original concept was excellent but it has morphed somewhat into a different product.

Cons

Recent revamping of the product had caused problems. The clients needs were not considered for the most part.
    The president "moved on" and the CEO took over the day to day management of the company. His technology expertise is limited (his other business is car washes). His original role was that of primary and major investor.
    If the CEO asks your opinion try to determine what he already thinks. If you get it wrong you may find yourself without a job in a few weeks.
    For a company this small internal communication is very poor. Much information is found out through rumor and gossip. New products are rolled out with no information provided to staff. We find out from our clients making us look somewhat less than professional.

1. Please hire someone in senior management who has actual technology experience and implementation experience.
    2. Please hire someone in senior management who has actual real estate experience.
    3. A good consulting firm could do wonders for the company, establish processes and procedures.

Director sales

Former Employee - Director of Sales in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Director of Sales in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Listingbook (more than an year)

Pros

I don't have anything to say

Cons

Micro management is how they work

Change the management