Lithium Technologies

Lithium Technologies Reviews

Updated Mar 25, 2014

Lithium Technologies CEO Rob Tarkoff

Rob Tarkoff

Pros:
  • "Great people with a lot of successful tech company experience in their past"
    in 10 reviews
  • "I like the downtown San Francisco offices"
    in 6 reviews
Cons:
  • "There has been an ongoing revolving door in the sales staff and the consensus is that although the product is sound it is very difficult to sell"
    in 5 reviews
  • "Getting the right people in the right positions and managing the new personnel requirements with the historical talent makes for growing pains"
    in 4 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Great experience in my first couple months

I have been working at Lithium Technologies full-time for less than a year

ProsGreat company with an amazing culture and group of highly motivated/intelligent people. I would recommend this company to anyone looking to have a better career experience in the bay area tech scene.

ConsStill some parts of the organization operating in silos, which is strange for a smaller company. Would recommend unified approach by functional group across different geos.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet's get more talented people on this train. Great opportunity ahead!

Difficult challenges, but fun to be tackling them with my team

I have been working at Lithium Technologies full-time for more than a year

ProsSmart engineers, fast moving culture, engineers are trusted to do their jobs, openness to new ways of doing things and new technologies. Lithium values career growth, and opportunities are made available. There are opportunities to learn and build new skills.

Catered meals are great. Enjoy the lunch-time atmosphere.

ConsThe product has a lot of features, and can take a while to learn. Commute to the city can be a challenge.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep focusing on customer satisfaction

Growing Company

Senior Account Executive (Current Employee)

I have been working at Lithium Technologies full-time for less than a year

ProsGreat People and leadership. Great VP.

ConsNot enough Brand awareness in market

Lithium Review

I have been working at Lithium Technologies full-time

Prossmart people, nice office, free lunches

Consmanagement doesn't want input for projects that are being outsourced that will effect on going work - or wants to include in any of the process, then people ask me what is going on with said projects or why something is this way... and I don't have an answer because I was never included in the process, even though it's my job.

Smart People Who Work Hard

I have been working at Lithium Technologies full-time

ProsThe experience of working for this company has changed for the better in the past couple of years.
People used to complain about low pay, but that doesn't seem to be an issue anymore. We have a real HR dept and every employee is on a bonus plan.
The people here are great and very few people leave because they aren't happy.
The company is growing and there are going to be lots of opportunities for career growth.

ConsThere are probably some cons to working here in other departments that I don't know about, but I can't think of anything I would change in my department.

Cool office space, but confused direction and not good advancement opportunities

Sales Development (Former Employee)

I worked at Lithium Technologies full-time for more than a year

ProsSF Office space is cool and very modern & some great names on their client list. Product gains attention from leading industry analyst, allowing them to have decent media coverage.

ConsSales team has a high turnover due to lack of direction from sales management and reality of making compensation numbers. Leadership in sales is very threatening rather than inspiring & issues with correct compensation getting paid occur very frequently. No job security for anyone in sales.

Incredibly poor internal communication, partly due to lack of using an internal collaboration tool beyond email and also because politics within management create employees to feel intimidated to speak up.

No advancement plans or job reviews take place. This creates a lot of employees to just coast here while they are looking for other jobs since their is no clear career path within the company and new employees are not asked to set goals within their position.

No 401 K match

Been "Pre-IPO" for years-- plans for IPO are always "1-2 years out"

Lack of energy and enthusiasm in the work environment despite a unique office space

Advice to Senior ManagementCorporate Strategy is changing too frequently and does not show strength in company direction.

Don't be fooled by the flashiness

Business Development Representative (Former Employee)
San Francisco, CA

I worked at Lithium Technologies full-time for less than a year

ProsDecent product, competitive base salary.

ConsHigh turnover, corporate strategy unclear, offices are extremely quiet and stuffy, ping pong table are props - no workplace camaraderie whatsoever, culture of blame and finger pointing, employees not valued, overall very negative place to work.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to be more in touch with both your employees and your market.

A smart career move

Digital Marketing (Current Employee)

I have been working at Lithium Technologies full-time for less than a year

ProsThings that spring to mind: Fast paced, smart people, innovative culture, strong leaders, healthy work life balance, free food, office location and design! All good.

ConsNot many, but being in the city I spend more on communting in, and the Bart strikes (or threat of) are a pain!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep striving to improve products and features. Continue to be disruptive.

Happy to be here

Software Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Lithium Technologies full-time for more than a year

ProsMarket is growing and Lithium is well positioned to capitalize. Company is growing fast and adding strong talent. There has been a positive change in the engineering organization in the past year starting with the hire of a new engineering leader. There has been more emphasis on technology, code health and identity as an engineering team as opposed to just following whatever product mgmt or sales wanted.

ConsLove the office but commute to the city on BART is a challenge.

Advice to Senior ManagementBreak down silos between departments and optimize organization around customer as opposed to job function.

It is all about the flashy marketing

I have been working at Lithium Technologies full-time

ProsThe company is coming into its own in the last 12 months. It progressed from bring a startup culture, very driven by revenue and key customers and partnership, to one that's driven by market strategy and social expertise. This is mostly the result of hiring the right strategist and the strong focus on IPO.

ConsThe flip side to everything listed in the Pros is that the bulk of those defining the strategy have little clue about social engagement and how this company can use its market advantage to win in the market, as well as be a true technology leader. The upper management don't even use the product besides blogging at the company's own community site or those of key partners. Except for the recent chief product hire, the upper management knows little about the product or technology and are all about flashy talk and presentation. Aren't we at the age where you have to be technical to lead a technology company? Requiring all staff, especially engineers to always be working from the office only leads to productivity drain. It is oblivious to the old school upper management that engineers have a choice and are pursued aggressively - holding them to such a requirement, on top of the long work hours, will not help you retain any talent.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop floating up there in the air with the flashy sales talk and pay more attention to the day-to-day. Spend time understanding your employees' challenges and help them learn and grow, instead of making them feel like they cannot voice their honest opinions.

Worked for Lithium Technologies? Contribute to the Community!

Lithium Technologies Videos

Lithium Technologies – Why Work for Us?

Lithium is proud to be a Glassdoor Employees' Choice Award recipient, as one of the Top 50 Best Places to Work for medium-sized companies! Here at Lithium, with our new digs in San Francisco, we're fully decked out… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Lithium Technologies reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Lithium Technologies CEO Rob Tarkoff. All 96 reviews posted anonymously by Lithium Technologies employees.