Lithium Technologies Reviews

Reset
3.9
Lithium Technologies CEO Rob Tarkoff
Rob Tarkoff

Pros
  • nice SF location, WFH and good work life balance for a mid sized company (in 8 reviews)

• Great people with a lot of successful tech company experience in their past (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • Multiple past employee's have contacted me directly to share stories about compensation disputes, miss treatment of employee's and very high turnover (in 6 reviews)

• Getting the right people in the right positions and managing the new personnel requirements with the historical talent makes for growing pains (in 5 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Great Culture, Streamlined On-boarding Process, Genuinely-nice people..

I have been working at Lithium Technologies

Pros

The company is wonderful in so many different aspects. From the organized and streamlined process (interview to on-boarding), the great culture, collaborative and engaging co-workers, etc. I feel honored to be a part of this team. We've got catered lunches 3x a week, breakfast 2x a week, great selection of snacks, (I haven't spent a dime since I started working here), commuter and wellness/fitness benefits, pet insurance (hello? even our pets are covered!), friendly co-workers (we all talk, collaborate, engage ourselves with each other), yoga, cooking classes, family room, Giants Games, etc. They put great value on their people for sure. There is also a work-life balance here. People leave can take time off when need be. Isn't that amazing? The product is also cutting edge. It's about social network these days and the software does so much with their customers' success.

Cons

Sometimes when a company is a large scale like this, the departments don't get to interact with each other. Some teams are factionalized which can cause a gap on communication.

Advice to Management

Perhaps add more Company Events for the whole company (globally) so we can all meet and know each other.

May 11, 2015CEO

We are adding more Company events this year as we grow bigger and new people join. Thanks for the comments and perspective. We are glad to have you here!!

2. Fantastic Company

I have been working at Lithium Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great products and services, excellent culture. Smart, savvy co-workers. Hard working but not crazy.

Cons

Benefits package is not as strong as working in a larger company.

Great place to learn

I have been working at Lithium Technologies full-time

Pros

Involved in daily decisions
    Fast paced environment
    Management cares about the culture

Cons

Sometimes too fast paced, quick turns arounds.

Advice to Management

Keep employee happiness #1 goal besides business contacts and releases.

May 11, 2015CEO

Great to hear your perspectives and I will keep employee happiness and engagement as our top priority!!

A privilege and an honor to have worked here

Former Employee - Lead Operations Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Lead Operations Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Lithium Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It was a privilige and an honor to work at Lithium Technologies. Met some really sharp people who I hope to have the chance to work with again in the future. The CEO, did a great job moving the company from 20M to 100M ARR. Lithium products continue to deliver enormous value to great companies around the world. If you are passionate about changing how companies engage with people so that they become partners instead of users/customers then Lithium is a great company to be a part of.

Cons

Wish I could have done more to help Lithium on the product side though specifically related to mobile as the platform for engagement. A Social powered company is a great vision. I call it a "Social Engine." People today use mobile as their main social tool. So Lithium needs to put much more focus there. Hard for any business to engage with people today if the main engagement platform is not mobile.

Advice to Management

Focus on mobile.

May 11, 2015CEO

Thanks for your contributions while you were at Lithium. We appreciate them!

6. Analyst

Current Employee - Analyst in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Analyst in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Lithium Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great place to work, awesome social and collaborative environment. They have great perks and they take care of their employees.

Cons

Some people are really stubborn and dont listen to their employees. This breeds a very insecure environment dependent on the team you are working in.

Advice to Management

I know we arent all revenue generating teams but you have to show love to those internal facing team members not just sales!

May 11, 2015CEO

I appreciate your comments and we will focus on all teams and their contributions to our success as we move forward!

Very sharp/talented people, indecisive leadership

I worked at Lithium Technologies full-time

Pros

- Amazing people to work with.
    - Probably one of the best places to work for as an Engineer
    - Beautiful Office
    - Great location

Cons

- E staff changes direction regularly
    - Very, very difficult to succeed if you're job function is tied to revenue
    - Layoffs happen quarterly
    - High employee turnover rate

Advice to Management

Get acquired ASAP

May 11, 2015CEO

I am sorry your employment did not work out at Lithium. I hope you are finding good opportunities elsewhere. Our direction has been clear and consistent but has to remain agile in a fast-paced ... More

Intern in Austin

Former Employee - Intern - Hourly in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Intern - Hourly in Austin, TX

I worked at Lithium Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay very well for non-junior year internships (e.g. still have more than one year of school left)

Cons

There was a round of layoffs in the second-to-last week of my internship (yikes). It was a pretty dramatic week. Other than that I had a 100% positive experience.

Advice to Management

From an intern's perspective, I felt like the SF interns had much more comradery than the Austin interns. I know it is hard to improve that given the small amount of Austin interns and the lack of a true HR presence in Austin.

Mar 27, 2015CEO

Great to hear your feedback! We are expanding our Austin internship program to create more intern camaradery. Thanks for writing a review!

9. Times and direction change, but as long as you have a good team, you're in good hands

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Lithium Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Plenty of amenities and a great central location to help focus on work. Everybody is onboard with delivering products that customers are proud to use. Talent is very highly valued and people are great to work with.

Cons

With any organization over a certain size you lose familiarity with everybody and teams become factionalized, causing breakdowns in communications or misunderstandings in process. This is further compounded by a global presence where remote agents

Advice to Management

There have been some rocky patches in the past couple of years but I think more engagement internally with product roadmaps across all teams would benefit everybody greatly. There is a lot of knowledge that everybody brings to the table that can be utilized in new ways, so more time devoted to exploration/Labs/Hackathons would definitely benefit the company as a whole and strengthen it.

Lots of potential but..

I have been working at Lithium Technologies full-time

Pros

* Great SF downtown location
    * Work life balance
    * Upper management is encouraging and supportive.
    * Lots of product potential especially after Klout, interesting data driven ideas can be pursued.

Cons

* Team dynamics and culture issues. Small teams isolated in their own world is causing identity issues. Some places the culture is fun and teams rally together but in some teams it is miserable.
    * Product features focus more on strengthening the core but newer better ideas which stimulated a energetic environment, especially around hackathons with Klout, seem to be simmering in the back burner. Lots of talent is sitting around fixing core legacy bugs.
    * Product is still not profitable and IPO is quite far away. This causes some insecurity in people, coupled with less challenging work.

Advice to Management

Make better use of the people you hired. Only so much work life balance is good in a up trending silicon valley environment where startups are releasing features at lightening pace.

Lacking vision for product roadmap that can lead to successful exit

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer

I have been working at Lithium Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free lunches and snacks
    Supportive and transparent upper management and executives
    Competitive pay and benefits
    Good work life balance

Cons

Legacy and highly complex code that can take years to learn.
    Seems only few old timers( 5 years and more) have all the product knowledge and entire company banks upon them rather than finding ways to train new employees.
    Middle management not strategic and highly dependent upon teams to drive all decisions.
    Too many changes in product road map, teams and infrastructure all happening at the same time.
    Features take long time to market.

Advice to Management

Do not make too many changes at same time.
    Structure teams around their skill set
    Middle managers should take ownership for strategic goals and be evaluated on their successful completion.

Feb 22, 2015CEO

This is great feedback and we really appreciate the comments. The full year roadmap is amazing and will be rolled out by your leaders over the next few weeks -- stay tuned - I think you will be ... More

RSS Feed </> Embed