Lithium Technologies

Lithium Technologies Reviews

Updated Apr 18, 2014

Lithium Technologies CEO Rob Tarkoff

Rob Tarkoff

Pros:
  • "Great people with a lot of successful tech company experience in their past"
    in 10 reviews
  • "I like the downtown San Francisco offices"
    in 6 reviews
Cons:
  • "There has been an ongoing revolving door in the sales staff and the consensus is that although the product is sound it is very difficult to sell"
    in 5 reviews
  • "Getting the right people in the right positions and managing the new personnel requirements with the historical talent makes for growing pains"
    in 4 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Great People and Challenging Projects

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee)

I worked at Lithium Technologies full-time for more than a year

ProsLithium has a solid engineering culture with wide participation in internal blogs, lunch and learns, and inter-team projects. This type of culture is key within a software company as it facilitates knowledge sharing, which is sometimes challenging in a growing organization (and Lithium is definitely growing). Another thing I've enjoyed while at Lithium is that most engineers are very humble and there is very little ego to deal with.

There are a lot of different projects going on at Lithium and they are dealing with lots of different technologies (e.g., nodejs, cassandra, redis, angularjs, java) so there is always something interesting to do/learn.

ConsThis is not really a con, but more of a key to success at Lithium. Lithium has been growing a lot in the past two years and with that growth has come change in both the technical and the cultural sense. As I mentioned in the pros section there is a solid engineering culture, but you need to be proactive and engage in this culture to benefit. Success at Lithium is largely dependent on your ability to engage across teams to gain the knowledge you need to do your job as management will not do this for you (i.e., not a lot of hand holding).

As the company is over ten years old there is some work in older code bases and challenging projects relating to integrating older code bases with newer ones (mostly in a service oriented fashion); however this is true at most successful tech companies and I think working with older code provides insight into the evolution of our industry.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere are a lot of moving parts within engineering from both engineering-driven refactoring projects to new product direction and it is sometimes easy for engineers to lose site of the wider context in which they work. Continuing to expand the communication channels with monthly meetings and possibly even implementing some type of cross-team work-rotation program will help to break down some of these boundaries.

Software Engineer

Software Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Lithium Technologies full-time for less than a year

ProsThe best part of the company is the people. I felt the employees truly believe in no BS and no EGO thing and follow it to the best. Its rare now a days to find companies with really open and defined vision. During my interview process, I was drawn towards the good people whom I spoke to and made my decision to join Lithium compared to others that I had offers.

ConsSomeone suggest a new name please :)
Or sell the name rights and domain at a premium to Tesla or Panasonic and let them really use the name for their batteries. This company has nothing to do with batteries.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease stick to keeping open culture and open minds towards engineers.

Flag Review

Lithium Technologies Community Team responded to this review

Apr 1, 2014

We are happy to hear you had a great interview experience and are enjoying the Lithium vision and culture. We are also pumped about your feedback on one of our core values here at Lithium: “be ... More

One of the best tech opportunities in the Bay Area!

Software Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Lithium Technologies full-time for less than a year

ProsLithium is leading the market in a rapidly growing space. We have a good senior management team that has "been there and done that" and inspires confidence. I am excited by the new technology initiatives and projects that have been kicked off. There are some super smart engineers who I work with and have a lot of respect for. I am glad I joined here and am bullish about our future.

ConsWe need more collaboration between the teams. Feels bigger than we are.

Advice to Senior ManagementCan't think of anything. Keep up the good work.

Flag Review

Lithium Technologies Community Team responded to this review

Mar 31, 2014

Thanks for all of your feedback! It’s great to hear your comments about the market, the space, and Lithium’s prospects as a company. You also raised a great point on the need for more collaboration ... More

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A solid two full years and counting!

I have been working at Lithium Technologies full-time for more than a year

ProsSharp business leaders, awesome location, great people, and good benefits, fulfilling recognition and career growth potential. It feels good to be a part of a winning organization that embraces creativity. My opinion about Lithium has not always been this glowing, but I feel that I have experienced and seen a lot positive change in my management, peers, and human resources. It excites me to write this review finally!

ConsI feel that training can be improved and offered more often. The culture seems to be disconnected between departments.

Advice to Senior ManagementDonation matching would be a great benefit/perk for our local community foundations. Management should always deliver on proposed incentives or don't mention it. There should be more activities offered outside of work to build stronger relationships with teammates.

Business Value Consultant

Business Value Consultant (Current Employee)
Dallas, TX

I have been working at Lithium Technologies full-time for less than a year

ProsLithium is one of the most dynamic companies. 100% focus on Customer, agile in approach, and always challenging innovation.

ConsThere are really no negatives at Lithium. As a startup, growing is always a good challenge. Lithium is able to keep up with demand and at the same time manages to keep pace with new & existing customer needs.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue doing what your doing!

Top talent, huge opportunity and values driven company!

I have been working at Lithium Technologies full-time

Pros- Opportunity in the marketplace is unparalleled
- Li cares deeply for our employees, customers and their success
- Top talent and values driven
- Amazing location and perks - commuter/fitness perks, breakfast/lunch - 3x/week etc.

ConsNo 401k match at this stage

Overall, it's been pretty neutral. It seems to be improving, but I'm not quite sure how long it will take.

I have been working at Lithium Technologies full-time for less than a year

ProsGreat benefits, good compensation, growing rapidly, mostly friendly faces

ConsThe office politics here are pretty terrible; there seems to be little individual groups of people who have come from certain companies, people who are new, and individual department segregation.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt would be nice if everyone was equally compensated and not just certain departments; we are all needed to have a functioning and successfully operating company.

This place is lunacy at it finest!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Lithium Technologies full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat events i.e. Linc
Corp office are in a great location and pretty cool!
Free lunches ... but I'm remote so none for me!

ConsNo pay increases.... ever!
Unmatched 401 K contributions.
Too many managers and executives for such a small company.
Executive Staff can't seem to get it together!
Sales is a revolving door!
SE's are held accountable by sales and management (don't expect an SE manager to have your back)
Product is a niche product so it's really hard to sell.
Marketing message is bland, website doesn't really say what we do.
Development offices split between two locations which makes for no synergy.
No vision in terms of where to take the product.
IPO is constantly talked about but never seems to happen.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Early market for Social Platform

Sales Director (Former Employee)
New York, NY

I worked at Lithium Technologies full-time for less than a year

ProsExciting time and energy around Social

ConsEast Coast based sales person on a West Coast based organization. Hard to get support from HQ

Advice to Senior ManagementAs you grow geographically you'll need to find a way to expand company culture outside of the Bay area.

Incredible company with lots of perks and a great culture

Sales Development Representative (Current Employee)

I have been working at Lithium Technologies full-time for less than a year

ProsGreat culture, competitive pay, good resources, fast growing company with lots of potential

ConsCompetitive landscape, typical fast growing company headaches

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work!

Worked for Lithium Technologies? Contribute to the Community!

Lithium Technologies Videos

Lithium Technologies – Why Work for Us?

Lithium is proud to be a Glassdoor Employees' Choice Award recipient, as one of the Top 50 Best Places to Work for medium-sized companies! Here at Lithium, with our new digs in San Francisco, we're fully decked out… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Lithium Technologies reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Lithium Technologies CEO Rob Tarkoff. All 97 reviews posted anonymously by Lithium Technologies employees.