Lithium Technologies

Lithium Technologies Reviews

Updated Mar 25, 2014

Lithium Technologies CEO Rob Tarkoff

Rob Tarkoff

Pros:
  • "Great people with a lot of successful tech company experience in their past"
    in 9 reviews
  • "to keep pace with other Bay Area tech employers"
    in 4 reviews
Cons:
  • "Getting the right people in the right positions and managing the new personnel requirements with the historical talent makes for growing pains"
    in 4 reviews
  • "Sales team has a high turnover due to lack of direction from sales management and reality of making compensation numbers"
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Software Engineer

Software Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Lithium Technologies full-time for less than a year

ProsThe best part of the company is the people. I felt the employees truly believe in no BS and no EGO thing and follow it to the best. Its rare now a days to find companies with really open and defined vision. During my interview process, I was drawn towards the good people whom I spoke to and made my decision to join Lithium compared to others that I had offers.

ConsSomeone suggest a new name please :)
Or sell the name rights and domain at a premium to Tesla or Panasonic and let them really use the name for their batteries. This company has nothing to do with batteries.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease stick to keeping open culture and open minds towards engineers.

Apr 1, 2014

We are happy to hear you had a great interview experience and are enjoying the Lithium vision and culture. We are also pumped about your feedback on one of our core values here at Lithium: “be ... More

One of the best tech opportunities in the Bay Area!

Software Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Lithium Technologies full-time for less than a year

ProsLithium is leading the market in a rapidly growing space. We have a good senior management team that has "been there and done that" and inspires confidence. I am excited by the new technology initiatives and projects that have been kicked off. There are some super smart engineers who I work with and have a lot of respect for. I am glad I joined here and am bullish about our future.

ConsWe need more collaboration between the teams. Feels bigger than we are.

Advice to Senior ManagementCan't think of anything. Keep up the good work.

Mar 31, 2014

Thanks for all of your feedback! It’s great to hear your comments about the market, the space, and Lithium’s prospects as a company. You also raised a great point on the need for more collaboration ... More

A solid two full years and counting!

I have been working at Lithium Technologies full-time for more than a year

ProsSharp business leaders, awesome location, great people, and good benefits, fulfilling recognition and career growth potential. It feels good to be a part of a winning organization that embraces creativity. My opinion about Lithium has not always been this glowing, but I feel that I have experienced and seen a lot positive change in my management, peers, and human resources. It excites me to write this review finally!

ConsI feel that training can be improved and offered more often. The culture seems to be disconnected between departments.

Advice to Senior ManagementDonation matching would be a great benefit/perk for our local community foundations. Management should always deliver on proposed incentives or don't mention it. There should be more activities offered outside of work to build stronger relationships with teammates.

Business Value Consultant

Business Value Consultant (Current Employee)
Dallas, TX

I have been working at Lithium Technologies full-time for less than a year

ProsLithium is one of the most dynamic companies. 100% focus on Customer, agile in approach, and always challenging innovation.

ConsThere are really no negatives at Lithium. As a startup, growing is always a good challenge. Lithium is able to keep up with demand and at the same time manages to keep pace with new & existing customer needs.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue doing what your doing!

Top talent, huge opportunity and values driven company!

I have been working at Lithium Technologies full-time

Pros- Opportunity in the marketplace is unparalleled
- Li cares deeply for our employees, customers and their success
- Top talent and values driven
- Amazing location and perks - commuter/fitness perks, breakfast/lunch - 3x/week etc.

ConsNo 401k match at this stage

A social company that just can't seem to find it way.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Lithium Technologies full-time for more than a year

ProsLithium has some good legacy people but they are disappearing fast. I like the downtown San Francisco offices. They call themselves a "Start-up" and try to portray that vib. Keep in mind they have been in business for over 13 years.

ConsWow where do I start? If you are thinking of taking a position with lithium, you will be working for incompetent and total absentee managers that will not provide you any type mentoring, team building or support. Don't expect performance reviews, merit increases or much one on one time with your manager. KPI's are unheard of. The amount of favoritism, back stabbing and politics that goes on will make you want to move on. The sales staff are completely incompetent. They are unable to close business without bringing in the "lithium bus". They don't seem to be able to articulate the value proposition of Lithium and its products.

The product just doesn't seem to be that easy to sell. There has been an ongoing revolving door in the sales staff and the consensus is that although the product is sound it is very difficult to sell. Only a few have met their quota's over the past few years.

IPO is always talked about but as I mentioned earlier, Lithium has been in business for over 13 years and can't seem to generate consistent revenue quarter over quarter which may mean no IPO for a long time.

There is not much encouragement that comes from the top levels of the executive staff only extreme pressure which make for a a very unsatisfying work environment.

The product needs to be enhance to give them a competitive advantage. There are other solutions out there that do a much better job of positioning themselves against Lithium and they win in many cases.

The company needs to take a step back and look at where it came from and where it want to be in the future. It needs to bring a little fun back to the culture.

Advice to Senior ManagementGood luck!

Mar 21, 2014

Thanks for your response. We're bummed to hear your experience with us wasn't the best. Working at Lithium, there are many things to be proud of, but there is no shortage of things for us to ... More

Overall, it's been pretty neutral. It seems to be improving, but I'm not quite sure how long it will take.

I have been working at Lithium Technologies full-time for less than a year

ProsGreat benefits, good compensation, growing rapidly, mostly friendly faces

ConsThe office politics here are pretty terrible; there seems to be little individual groups of people who have come from certain companies, people who are new, and individual department segregation.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt would be nice if everyone was equally compensated and not just certain departments; we are all needed to have a functioning and successfully operating company.

This place is lunacy at it finest!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Lithium Technologies full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat events i.e. Linc
Corp office are in a great location and pretty cool!
Free lunches ... but I'm remote so none for me!

ConsNo pay increases.... ever!
Unmatched 401 K contributions.
Too many managers and executives for such a small company.
Executive Staff can't seem to get it together!
Sales is a revolving door!
SE's are held accountable by sales and management (don't expect an SE manager to have your back)
Product is a niche product so it's really hard to sell.
Marketing message is bland, website doesn't really say what we do.
Development offices split between two locations which makes for no synergy.
No vision in terms of where to take the product.
IPO is constantly talked about but never seems to happen.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Early market for Social Platform

Sales Director (Former Employee)
New York, NY

I worked at Lithium Technologies full-time for less than a year

ProsExciting time and energy around Social

ConsEast Coast based sales person on a West Coast based organization. Hard to get support from HQ

Advice to Senior ManagementAs you grow geographically you'll need to find a way to expand company culture outside of the Bay area.

When is the IPO again?

Anon (Current Employee)

I have been working at Lithium Technologies full-time

Pros- For all the growth, still attracting top talent
- SF "cool" tech company perks - free lunch, office bar, fitness benefits, etc.
- New management highly respected
- Competitive compensation plan
- Office location right in the heart of SF's financial district

Cons- Never ending talk of IPO without any clear idea of the actual timeline is getting old
- Product management team doesn't seem very influential across company
- Poor organizational integration with Austin team that was acquired 2 years ago
- For a company 10+ years old, complete lack of career advancement planning for most
- No 401k match!

Advice to Senior ManagementThere are a lot of companies hiring in SF right now, you must have a clear value proposition for employees to stay. Make sure the team in place see's a future at Lithium or you'll end up spending far too much backfilling roles that should have never been vacated in the first place.

Worked for Lithium Technologies? Contribute to the Community!

Lithium Technologies Videos

Lithium Technologies – Why Work for Us?

Lithium is proud to be a Glassdoor Employees' Choice Award recipient, as one of the Top 50 Best Places to Work for medium-sized companies! Here at Lithium, with our new digs in San Francisco, we're fully decked out… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Lithium Technologies reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Lithium Technologies CEO Rob Tarkoff. All 96 reviews posted anonymously by Lithium Technologies employees.