Lithium Technologies Reviews

Updated April 28, 2015
126 reviews filtered by
These reviews contributed towards 2014's Best Places to Work recognition. See ratings and reviews for all time.
3.7
Lithium Technologies CEO Rob Tarkoff
Rob Tarkoff

Pros
  • nice SF location, WFH and good work life balance for a mid sized company (in 8 reviews)

• Great people with a lot of successful tech company experience in their past (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • Based on the above, there is extremely high turnover in Sales and other divisions stay for a long time (in 6 reviews)

• Getting the right people in the right positions and managing the new personnel requirements with the historical talent makes for growing pains (in 5 reviews)

1. Great Culture, Streamlined On-boarding Process, Genuinely-nice people..

I have been working at Lithium Technologies

Pros

The company is wonderful in so many different aspects. From the organized and streamlined process (interview to on-boarding), the great culture, collaborative and engaging co-workers, etc. I feel honored to be a part of this team. We've got catered lunches 3x a week, breakfast 2x a week, great selection of snacks, (I haven't spent a dime since I started working here), commuter and wellness/fitness benefits, pet insurance (hello? even our pets are covered!), friendly co-workers (we all talk, collaborate, engage ourselves with each other), yoga, cooking classes, family room, Giants Games, etc. They put great value on their people for sure. There is also a work-life balance here. People leave can take time off when need be. Isn't that amazing? The product is also cutting edge. It's about social network these days and the software does so much with their customers' success.

Cons

Sometimes when a company is a large scale like this, the departments don't get to interact with each other. Some teams are factionalized which can cause a gap on communication.

Advice to Management

Perhaps add more Company Events for the whole company (globally) so we can all meet and know each other.

2. A privilege and an honor to have worked here

Former Employee - Lead Operations Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Lead Operations Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Lithium Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It was a privilige and an honor to work at Lithium Technologies. Met some really sharp people who I hope to have the chance to work with again in the future. The CEO, did a great job moving the company from 20M to 100M ARR. Lithium products continue to deliver enormous value to great companies around the world. If you are passionate about changing how companies engage with people so that they become partners instead of users/customers then Lithium is a great company to be a part of.

Cons

Wish I could have done more to help Lithium on the product side though specifically related to mobile as the platform for engagement. A Social powered company is a great vision. I call it a "Social Engine." People today use mobile as their main social tool. So Lithium needs to put much more focus there. Hard for any business to engage with people today if the main engagement platform is not mobile.

Advice to Management

Focus on mobile.

3. Analyst

Current Employee - Analyst in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Analyst in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Lithium Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great place to work, awesome social and collaborative environment. They have great perks and they take care of their employees.

Cons

Some people are really stubborn and dont listen to their employees. This breeds a very insecure environment dependent on the team you are working in.

Advice to Management

I know we arent all revenue generating teams but you have to show love to those internal facing team members not just sales!

Intern in Austin

Former Employee - Intern - Hourly in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Intern - Hourly in Austin, TX

I worked at Lithium Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay very well for non-junior year internships (e.g. still have more than one year of school left)

Cons

There was a round of layoffs in the second-to-last week of my internship (yikes). It was a pretty dramatic week. Other than that I had a 100% positive experience.

Advice to Management

From an intern's perspective, I felt like the SF interns had much more comradery than the Austin interns. I know it is hard to improve that given the small amount of Austin interns and the lack of a true HR presence in Austin.

Mar 27, 2015CEO

Great to hear your feedback! We are expanding our Austin internship program to create more intern camaradery. Thanks for writing a review!

6. Times and direction change, but as long as you have a good team, you're in good hands

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Lithium Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Plenty of amenities and a great central location to help focus on work. Everybody is onboard with delivering products that customers are proud to use. Talent is very highly valued and people are great to work with.

Cons

With any organization over a certain size you lose familiarity with everybody and teams become factionalized, causing breakdowns in communications or misunderstandings in process. This is further compounded by a global presence where remote agents

Advice to Management

There have been some rocky patches in the past couple of years but I think more engagement internally with product roadmaps across all teams would benefit everybody greatly. There is a lot of knowledge that everybody brings to the table that can be utilized in new ways, so more time devoted to exploration/Labs/Hackathons would definitely benefit the company as a whole and strengthen it.

Lots of potential but..

I have been working at Lithium Technologies full-time

Pros

* Great SF downtown location
    * Work life balance
    * Upper management is encouraging and supportive.
    * Lots of product potential especially after Klout, interesting data driven ideas can be pursued.

Cons

* Team dynamics and culture issues. Small teams isolated in their own world is causing identity issues. Some places the culture is fun and teams rally together but in some teams it is miserable.
    * Product features focus more on strengthening the core but newer better ideas which stimulated a energetic environment, especially around hackathons with Klout, seem to be simmering in the back burner. Lots of talent is sitting around fixing core legacy bugs.
    * Product is still not profitable and IPO is quite far away. This causes some insecurity in people, coupled with less challenging work.

Advice to Management

Make better use of the people you hired. Only so much work life balance is good in a up trending silicon valley environment where startups are releasing features at lightening pace.

Lacking vision for product roadmap that can lead to successful exit

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer

I have been working at Lithium Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free lunches and snacks
    Supportive and transparent upper management and executives
    Competitive pay and benefits
    Good work life balance

Cons

Legacy and highly complex code that can take years to learn.
    Seems only few old timers( 5 years and more) have all the product knowledge and entire company banks upon them rather than finding ways to train new employees.
    Middle management not strategic and highly dependent upon teams to drive all decisions.
    Too many changes in product road map, teams and infrastructure all happening at the same time.
    Features take long time to market.

Advice to Management

Do not make too many changes at same time.
    Structure teams around their skill set
    Middle managers should take ownership for strategic goals and be evaluated on their successful completion.

Feb 22, 2015CEO

This is great feedback and we really appreciate the comments. The full year roadmap is amazing and will be rolled out by your leaders over the next few weeks -- stay tuned - I think you will be ... More

Great company with outstanding value proposition

Current Employee - Sales Director in San Francisco, NM
    Current Employee - Sales Director in San Francisco, NM

I have been working at Lithium Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great customer base
    Great CEO
    Awesome value proposition for customers

Cons

Has some disgruntled employees who don't leave but keep complaining on Glassdoor

Advice to Management

Continue hiring great people and continue weeding out poor performers

Smart, passionate and fun people building/selling great products - excited to be here!

I have been working at Lithium Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great on-boarding process but lengthy checklists
    Relentless focus on recruiting the right people and investing in them
    An opportunity to make a real impact
    Fun and empowering work environment
    Smart people that share a shared vision and putting our customers at the centre of what we do

Cons

Recent organisational changes has made it difficult to ramp up as fast as I would have liked but the change is clearly for the best and slowly getting there!

Advice to Management

Non at present - the ship is sailing in the right direction!

Jan 28, 2015CEO

Thanks for the comments. We continue to focus on making an impact on the market and on our employees -- appreciate the comments!

Great company trying to solve an interesting problem.

Former Employee - Marketing
    Former Employee - Marketing

I worked at Lithium Technologies

Pros

Online communities and social customer support are a really great space. I like working on things that are fun to talk about with friends and strangers. They treat employees well and the leadership team is strong. It is a great place to be if you are into social networks.

Cons

The company wants to be a growth superstar - but they serve a market that doesn't generate multi-million dollar deals - so revenue growth was good, but not explosive.

Jan 28, 2015CEO

Thanks for the great comments. Our market is evolving into a much broader opportunity and our growth prospects continue to expand. Thanks for your contributions while you were here and best of ... More

Lithium Technologies Photos