Lithium Technologies Reviews

Reset
3.9
Lithium Technologies CEO Rob Tarkoff
Rob Tarkoff

Pros
  • nice SF location, WFH and good work life balance for a mid sized company (in 8 reviews)

• Great people with a lot of successful tech company experience in their past (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • Multiple past employee's have contacted me directly to share stories about compensation disputes, miss treatment of employee's and very high turnover (in 6 reviews)

• Getting the right people in the right positions and managing the new personnel requirements with the historical talent makes for growing pains (in 5 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Great Culture, Streamlined On-boarding Process, Genuinely-nice people..

I have been working at Lithium Technologies

Pros

The company is wonderful in so many different aspects. From the organized and streamlined process (interview to on-boarding), the great culture, collaborative and engaging co-workers, etc. I feel honored to be a part of this team. We've got catered lunches 3x a week, breakfast 2x a week, great selection of snacks, (I haven't spent a dime since I started working here), commuter and wellness/fitness benefits, pet insurance (hello? even our pets are covered!), friendly co-workers (we all talk, collaborate, engage ourselves with each other), yoga, cooking classes, family room, Giants Games, etc. They put great value on their people for sure. There is also a work-life balance here. People leave can take time off when need be. Isn't that amazing? The product is also cutting edge. It's about social network these days and the software does so much with their customers' success.

Cons

Sometimes when a company is a large scale like this, the departments don't get to interact with each other. Some teams are factionalized which can cause a gap on communication.

Advice to Management

Perhaps add more Company Events for the whole company (globally) so we can all meet and know each other.

May 11, 2015CEO

We are adding more Company events this year as we grow bigger and new people join. Thanks for the comments and perspective. We are glad to have you here!!

2. Fantastic Company

I have been working at Lithium Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great products and services, excellent culture. Smart, savvy co-workers. Hard working but not crazy.

Cons

Benefits package is not as strong as working in a larger company.

3. Director

I have been working at Lithium Technologies

Pros

Great people and high energy, collaborative work environment. Leadership is focused and visionary.

Cons

None so far that I encountered.

May 11, 2015CEO

Thanks for your comments. We are focused on building a great Company and thanks for your contributions here!

5. Good interview process, met many people so felt I was making an informed decision.

Current Employee - Sales Director
    Current Employee - Sales Director

I have been working at Lithium Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

open and young culture, high expectations and drive

Cons

some of the smaller company process issues but overall not many issues

Advice to Management

lets make this company into a leader in a new space, that we are starting to define, building on what we already do great

6. Times and direction change, but as long as you have a good team, you're in good hands

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Lithium Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Plenty of amenities and a great central location to help focus on work. Everybody is onboard with delivering products that customers are proud to use. Talent is very highly valued and people are great to work with.

Cons

With any organization over a certain size you lose familiarity with everybody and teams become factionalized, causing breakdowns in communications or misunderstandings in process. This is further compounded by a global presence where remote agents

Advice to Management

There have been some rocky patches in the past couple of years but I think more engagement internally with product roadmaps across all teams would benefit everybody greatly. There is a lot of knowledge that everybody brings to the table that can be utilized in new ways, so more time devoted to exploration/Labs/Hackathons would definitely benefit the company as a whole and strengthen it.

Intern in Austin

Former Employee - Intern - Hourly in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Intern - Hourly in Austin, TX

I worked at Lithium Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay very well for non-junior year internships (e.g. still have more than one year of school left)

Cons

There was a round of layoffs in the second-to-last week of my internship (yikes). It was a pretty dramatic week. Other than that I had a 100% positive experience.

Advice to Management

From an intern's perspective, I felt like the SF interns had much more comradery than the Austin interns. I know it is hard to improve that given the small amount of Austin interns and the lack of a true HR presence in Austin.

Mar 27, 2015CEO

Great to hear your feedback! We are expanding our Austin internship program to create more intern camaradery. Thanks for writing a review!

8. Passionate, Smart, & Driven people with a fantastic culture

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Lithium Technologies

Pros

Incredible On-boarding Process
    Friendly people and culture
    Growing Company
    Good Benefits
    International with plans to keep growing

Cons

No Cons worth mentioning at all.

Advice to Management

Keep it Up

9. Interview and Recruiting Experience

Current Employee - Regional Director in Munich, Bayern (Germany)
    Current Employee - Regional Director in Munich, Bayern (Germany)

I have been working at Lithium Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A lot can be told about a company by the people one meets. During the interview and recruiting process Lithium management demonstrated the values and vision of the company. Every level engaged allowing for greater viability into the organization as well as building trust.
    Lithium demonstrates it's capabilities as a global player while maintaining the vibrant and dynamic culture of an "established start-up".

Cons

As the company is in a period of rapid growth this will introduce it's own challenges.

Advice to Management

As the company grows continue to maintain that "person" engagement with each new hire and retain the top talent that already exists within the company.

Great company with outstanding value proposition

Current Employee - Sales Director in San Francisco, NM
    Current Employee - Sales Director in San Francisco, NM

I have been working at Lithium Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great customer base
    Great CEO
    Awesome value proposition for customers

Cons

Has some disgruntled employees who don't leave but keep complaining on Glassdoor

Advice to Management

Continue hiring great people and continue weeding out poor performers

Smart, passionate and fun people building/selling great products - excited to be here!

I have been working at Lithium Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great on-boarding process but lengthy checklists
    Relentless focus on recruiting the right people and investing in them
    An opportunity to make a real impact
    Fun and empowering work environment
    Smart people that share a shared vision and putting our customers at the centre of what we do

Cons

Recent organisational changes has made it difficult to ramp up as fast as I would have liked but the change is clearly for the best and slowly getting there!

Advice to Management

Non at present - the ship is sailing in the right direction!

Jan 28, 2015CEO

Thanks for the comments. We continue to focus on making an impact on the market and on our employees -- appreciate the comments!

RSS Feed </> Embed