Lithium Technologies Reviews

Reset
3.9
Lithium Technologies CEO Rob Tarkoff
Rob Tarkoff

Pros
  • nice SF location, WFH and good work life balance for a mid sized company (in 8 reviews)

• Great people with a lot of successful tech company experience in their past (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • Multiple past employee's have contacted me directly to share stories about compensation disputes, miss treatment of employee's and very high turnover (in 6 reviews)

• Getting the right people in the right positions and managing the new personnel requirements with the historical talent makes for growing pains (in 5 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Great Culture, Streamlined On-boarding Process, Genuinely-nice people..

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Pros

The company is wonderful in so many different aspects. From the organized and streamlined process (interview to on-boarding), the great culture, collaborative and engaging co-workers, etc. I feel honored to be a part of this team. We've got catered lunches 3x a week, breakfast 2x a week, great selection of snacks, (I haven't spent a dime since I started working here), commuter and wellness/fitness benefits, pet insurance (hello? even our pets are covered!), friendly co-workers (we all talk, collaborate, engage ourselves with each other), yoga, cooking classes, family room, Giants Games, etc. They put great value on their people for sure. There is also a work-life balance here. People leave can take time off when need be. Isn't that amazing? The product is also cutting edge. It's about social network these days and the software does so much with their customers' success.

Cons

Sometimes when a company is a large scale like this, the departments don't get to interact with each other. Some teams are factionalized which can cause a gap on communication.

Advice to Management

Perhaps add more Company Events for the whole company (globally) so we can all meet and know each other.

Lithium Technologies Response

May 11, 2015 – CEO

We are adding more Company events this year as we grow bigger and new people join. Thanks for the comments and perspective. We are glad to have you here!!

Great Company - Great Product - Great People

Current Employee - Sales Director in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Director in San Jose, CA

Pros

I came to Lithium early in 2011 because I recognized them as a top company in a hot space. With a SaaS offering focused on solving complex problems related to social support, commerce, and awareness, I felt Lithium was the right place for the next phase of my career. The experience has exceeded my expectations. As an individual contributor I was provided ample support to come up to speed quickly, leading to great sales results. I believe we have the best product in this space and a great team to support our success. Lithium has strong marketing leadership, excellent pre-sales support, and differentiated post-sales support/consulting offerings that make it easy to sell and then provide quantifiable success for our customers. I was especially impressed with the leadership and culture here. The founders of the company are true visionaries who have set a work hard, play hard standard that makes it fun to be a part of. With the addition of Rob Tarkoff as the new CEO we are poised to take the company to the next level and I'm excited to be a part of it.

Cons

Growing Pains. 1. The office is crowded (and in Emeryville). I hope that the planned move to SF happens quickly 2. Product Group has a full plate and are hiring to keep up with the need to align product with company vision as well as customer-requested enhancements 3. Base pay for sales is slighly low. They do make up for it on the variable, with OTE being at the top end of companies I have worked for

Advice to Management

Continue bringing in top talent that are commited to the success of the company and our customers. Grow the company aggressively, but pragmatically. Find a way to maintain the fun aspects of Lithium as we cross the chasm and become a large company

Vastly exceeded my expectations (which were high) - an outstanding company

Current Employee - Director of Customer Support in Emeryville, CA
    Current Employee - Director of Customer Support in Emeryville, CA

Pros

Culture of success, dedication, and cooperation. Incredible products and use of technology Great people who are are warm and live out the Lithium culture Very optimistic about the market we are in

Cons

This field is mandatory but I'm stretching to come up with negatives. The current location is a bit bad (Emeryville).

Advice to Management

Keep going with our current direction. In particular, hires and promotions in the Executive team have been very strong in the last year.

Lithium is investing in the people, their product and culture with the vision to take the company to the next level.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA

Pros

Lithium is making a strong and visible investment in their leadership and employees and setting a strong vision for the future. We are adding new teams of people to help fuel the growth. There company has been recognized as a leader in the business social media space and has strong analyst recognition via Gartner and Forrester. It is a hot space, Social Media on SaaS platform. There seems to be a new buzz and excitement in the company as the bar is being raised, The coworkers are dedicated, collaborative and strongly committed to making the company even more successful.

Cons

Quickly outgrowing its current space and additional facilities will be needed soon. The location in Emeryville can make it a commute challenge. Great for folks in the east bay, not bad from SF, but can be tough from the south bay. But fortunately close to freeway, trains and BART.

Advice to Management

Keep communication open and transparent. Share the vision and the successes. Continue to invest in the employees. Fast growth is exciting, but be sure to provide ongoing training and development for staff. This is a time a dramatic change and communication is key. Be sure the newly hired employees are assimilated into the company well and made to feel part of the culture.

6. I feel lucky to work here

Current Employee - Social Strategist in Emeryville, CA
    Current Employee - Social Strategist in Emeryville, CA

Pros

It is true that I feel lucky to work here. I believe that we help people help other people. That's really inspiring to me.

Cons

It would be nice if we were located at SF.

Advice to Management

I love our Town Hall meetings - thanks for continuing to make those richer.

Smart, fun, passionate people. Easy to get work done.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA

Pros

Great work environment---highly collaborative, very relaxed, but with an intense focus on customers and delivering quality software. Great energy around what we're doing for our customers.

Cons

We're running out of office space. We are planning a move in the next six months. I am looking forward to our office move, which may be in San Francisco or Oakland. I live in San Francisco and could shorten my commute a bit if we moved there.

Advice to Management

We have a new CEO, Rob Tarkfoff, who is doing a great job (employees really like his style, energy, focus). My advice would be to keep up all of the communication programs (monthly and quarterly meetings, emails, etc.) to keep employees informed.

Working at lithium is like a thrilling ride with a bright future.

Current Employee - Engineering Manager in Emeryville, CA
    Current Employee - Engineering Manager in Emeryville, CA

Pros

At Lithium you can see a problem, figure out a solution, and solve it. Most companies can't claim this.

Cons

Being at startup pace often the middle management pieces are dropped. Self guided careers are necessary here.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in your employees and listening to them... they are right!

9. Good balance of Compensation, Learning Opportunities and Interesting Problems

Current Employee - Senior QA Engineer in Emeryville, CA
    Current Employee - Senior QA Engineer in Emeryville, CA

I have been working at Lithium Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Problems you work on are interesting and varied The organization makes a concious effort to see that you have the tools and resources to make you more productive The company is growing and there is room to grow along with it The line managers are all former leads and staff as opposed to MBA's

Cons

I haven't found any yet

I am reasonably happy here as there are more pros than cons

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Emeryville, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Emeryville, CA

I have been working at Lithium Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Excellent life/work balance: Flexible work hours and a lot of parties. - Paid Volunteer Time Off (VTO): I am encouraged to volunteer at any philanthropic organization of my choice during office hours and still get paid. - Very strong sale team. Engineering leaderships are young, smart and energetic. - Pre IPO and the market is still growing - Lot of foods and snacks

Cons

- Complex products require the most brilliant engineers just to get them maintained. - CEO focuses on long term success by building a multi generation company, so it is unlikely to get rich quick here. - Huge competitions in a red hot market.

Advice to Management

Please move the office to San Francisco ASAP.

Best company I've ever worked for

Current Employee - Services Director in Emeryville, CA
    Current Employee - Services Director in Emeryville, CA

I have been working at Lithium Technologies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great people, great opportunities. Lithium recognizes and promotes talent. Many of the best people stay with the company long term, making for excellent long lasting work relationships. The work is interesting and challenging and there is always plenty of it (which, in this economy, isn't a bad thing). It's also a great industry to work in right now, and Lithium is positioned to really make a difference in a lot of people's lives, making it easier for our customers to interact meaningfully with their own customers.

Cons

The company sometimes "forgets" their remote staff, leaving them out of some opportunities that office staff enjoy, without finding comparable activities/rewards for them. Salaries should be reviewed on a more regular basis. Lithium is sometimes a little slow to identify and deal with problem staff members.

Advice to Management

Fail fast should a rule used with staff. You can usually tell pretty quickly if people fit the culture and have good work ethics. If they don't, let's not wait 6 months to a year to start taking appropriate actions. Sure it's hard to hire and fire, but it's also hard for staff to work with employees who don't carry their weight for long periods of time.

RSS Feed </> Embed