Lithium Technologies Reviews

149 reviews filtered by
3.8
Lithium Technologies CEO Rob Tarkoff
Rob Tarkoff

Pros
  • nice SF location, WFH and good work life balance for a mid sized company (in 8 reviews)

• Great people with a lot of successful tech company experience in their past (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • Based on the above, there is extremely high turnover in Sales and other divisions stay for a long time (in 6 reviews)

• Getting the right people in the right positions and managing the new personnel requirements with the historical talent makes for growing pains (in 5 reviews)

1. Times and direction change, but as long as you have a good team, you're in good hands

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Lithium Technologies full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Plenty of amenities and a great central location to help focus on work. Everybody is onboard with delivering products that customers are proud to use. Talent is very highly valued and people are great to work with.

Cons

With any organization over a certain size you lose familiarity with everybody and teams become factionalized, causing breakdowns in communications or misunderstandings in process. This is further compounded by a global presence where remote agents

There have been some rocky patches in the past couple of years but I think more engagement internally with product roadmaps across all teams would benefit everybody greatly. There is a lot of knowledge that everybody brings to the table that can be utilized in new ways, so more time devoted to exploration/Labs/Hackathons would definitely benefit the company as a whole and strengthen it.

Intern in Austin

Former Employee - Intern - Hourly in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Intern - Hourly in Austin, TX

I worked at Lithium Technologies full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Pay very well for non-junior year internships (e.g. still have more than one year of school left)

Cons

There was a round of layoffs in the second-to-last week of my internship (yikes). It was a pretty dramatic week. Other than that I had a 100% positive experience.

From an intern's perspective, I felt like the SF interns had much more comradery than the Austin interns. I know it is hard to improve that given the small amount of Austin interns and the lack of a true HR presence in Austin.

Mar 27, 2015CEO

Great to hear your feedback! We are expanding our Austin internship program to create more intern camaradery. Thanks for writing a review!

3. Passionate, Smart, & Driven people with a fantastic culture

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Lithium Technologies

Pros

Incredible On-boarding Process
    Friendly people and culture
    Growing Company
    Good Benefits
    International with plans to keep growing

Cons

No Cons worth mentioning at all.

Keep it Up

Why I give to Lithium

Current Employee - Lead Operations Engineer
    Current Employee - Lead Operations Engineer

I have been working at Lithium Technologies full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Sometimes people ask why I do what I do at Lithium. Why I work how I work. What is my motive. If I could boil it down to a few words it would be: "Lithium has staggering potential - staggering. I fully believe we can be multi-billion ARR company, no doubt in my mind at all. I really want to do everything in my power to help us get there." That's it. Not super complicated.
    I didn't come to Lithium to advance my career, and so I treat Lithium as it is my own.
    I receive nothing extra for what I do.
    I take no credit.
    I love giving. Too many people are on the take. Too few on the give. I've always joined the underdogs.
    As long as I am at Lithium I will keep giving as long as I have something to give. So far, Lithium has done a great job looking out for me. If you are interested in Lithium all you need to do is bring something real to the table. Bring you. Don't bring any BS. You bring you and things will go very well for everyone.
    Here are some pros:
    1. Open communication. No barriers. You can calendar time with anyone you want to regardless of their position and talk honestly about how you feel and what you feel is best for the company.
    2. Open opportunity. I've never heard anyone here say "That's not your job, don't worry about it." If the Linebacker has a play idea the quarterback will listen.
    3. Humble leadership. They do not come across as "know-it-alls."
    4. Adaptability. We have gone through massive changes the last few years. The business has adapted very well.
    5. Good work-life balance.

Cons

Some may see this as a con, so mentioning it here. Very ambitious and challenging projects for the next two years. If you are not up for challenge then you may find yourself outside of your comfort zone. It's not a boiler room here. But it is definitely not a place where you can come in and just coast along easy street.

This is advice to myself and others, not just mgmt. Reaching the full potential of Lithium will continue to require disruption, change, and drive. Keep disrupting. Keep being change agents. Keep driving. Keep the vision. Stay humble. Stay hungry. Work on our value prop. Need it to be undeniably strong.

Feb 22, 2015CEO

Great feedback -- we are working hard to follow your advice!

6. Interview and Recruiting Experience

Current Employee - Regional Director in Munich, Bayern (Germany)
    Current Employee - Regional Director in Munich, Bayern (Germany)

I have been working at Lithium Technologies full-time (less than a year)

Pros

A lot can be told about a company by the people one meets. During the interview and recruiting process Lithium management demonstrated the values and vision of the company. Every level engaged allowing for greater viability into the organization as well as building trust.
    Lithium demonstrates it's capabilities as a global player while maintaining the vibrant and dynamic culture of an "established start-up".

Cons

As the company is in a period of rapid growth this will introduce it's own challenges.

As the company grows continue to maintain that "person" engagement with each new hire and retain the top talent that already exists within the company.

Great company with outstanding value proposition

Current Employee - Sales Director in San Francisco, NM
    Current Employee - Sales Director in San Francisco, NM

I have been working at Lithium Technologies full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great customer base
    Great CEO
    Awesome value proposition for customers

Cons

Has some disgruntled employees who don't leave but keep complaining on Glassdoor

Continue hiring great people and continue weeding out poor performers

fast paced, high-energy, great flexibility and quality of life, awesome coworkers

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in San Francisco, CA
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Lithium Technologies as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

core company values ring true for all employees, great energy and camaraderie, collaborative team-oriented environment, exciting and diverse customer base, projects are new and interesting, great flexibility and work-life balance

Cons

in general management does not care about employee's career development. transitioning to new roles happens, but not as much as it should.

you're missing opportunities to retain talented individuals. care more about your employee's career aspirations, don't pigeon-hole them.

Jan 27, 2015CEO

Thanks for the great input, particularly on internal movement. We are always trying to make this happen more frequently, but I will keep an eye on it.

Rob

Smart, passionate and fun people building/selling great products - excited to be here!

I have been working at Lithium Technologies full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great on-boarding process but lengthy checklists
    Relentless focus on recruiting the right people and investing in them
    An opportunity to make a real impact
    Fun and empowering work environment
    Smart people that share a shared vision and putting our customers at the centre of what we do

Cons

Recent organisational changes has made it difficult to ramp up as fast as I would have liked but the change is clearly for the best and slowly getting there!

Non at present - the ship is sailing in the right direction!

Jan 28, 2015CEO

Thanks for the comments. We continue to focus on making an impact on the market and on our employees -- appreciate the comments!

Very focussed on getting the right people into the company

Current Employee - Sales in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Sales in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Lithium Technologies full-time (less than a year)

Pros

A thorough if somewhat lengthy interview process, culminating in time with the CEO. The CEO personally interviews everyone who joins which just shows the emphasis on people. This was further endorsed after joining, with an extremely productive new starter bootcamp in San Francisco, where each of the leadership team took personal time to visit and present their beliefs, culture, values and strategy. Each delivered with a real sense of urgency to be the best possible.

Cons

Coming from a larger company some of the benefits associated with these types of jobs are not present with Lithium but then again they look after you in different ways, which far offsets any downgrade in benefits package.

As the company grows through success never lose sight on the emphasis you put into hiring the right people.

Jan 28, 2015CEO

We are continually and constantly focused on hiring the right people for this business. Thanks so much for the input here -- we are continuing to focus on creating a great employee experience for ... More

11. Work somewhere awesome

I have been working at Lithium Technologies

Pros

Laid back, committed, fun, killer technology and clients

Cons

So little time, so much to do!

You're doing great - listen to your top performers!

Jan 5, 2015CEO

Thanks for these great comments. We continue to strive to create a great environment for all employees!

Lithium Technologies Photos