Lithium Technologies

Updated September 10, 2014
3.5

Lithium Technologies CEO Rob Tarkoff
Rob Tarkoff

Pros
  • Great people with a lot of successful tech company experience in their past (in 10 reviews)

• One possible pro is that they are based in downtown San Francisco (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Company is growing fast and there are some growing pains associated with that (in 6 reviews)

• Based on the above, there is extremely high turnover in Sales and other divisions stay for a long time (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Fantastic

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Lithium Technologies as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

I have worked in many organizations and trust me when I say this place is a dream. I am an individual contributor, and treated with respect, and valued.

Cons

I really wish I lived closer. My commute is a bear. But, because I love what I do, it makes it more palatable.

I wish the conversion process was faster. As a contractor, it would be nice to be a regular employee since i have been here well over 6 months.

Hm...

Current Employee - Lead Operations Engineer  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Lead Operations Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Lithium Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

A recent refocusing on the products, sales, and market. Really great things happening as a result. Some really great people have recently joined and we are already seeing results of their work impact the business. Opportunity is still the largest Pro and always has been in my opinion. Opportunity for both career development in our organization and opportunity for market share.

Cons

I guess we can always find something to complain about. But I don't want to feed any negative energy by providing fuel. It doesn't mean that I am not thinking critically about our company by not listing cons. It just means that I do not see a need to publicize them.

The underpinning business components are well on their way to being very strong. All of us need to continue working together towards better communication, training, and culture. While it is important to stay focused on our customers, we also need to stay focused on everyone within the company. I understand how hard mgmt is. Keep it up. - J.F.

Great Place to work. Great People. Great Culture.

I have been working at Lithium Technologies full-time for less than a year

Pros

I am surprised by all the negative reviews I see. I have been working at Lithium for 6 months and have had a great experience. It is true that we had to let some people go and I along with everyone else hated it but from what I saw it was done very well. Everyone was given a package and they were also given cobra coverage and out placement support. I have always said that the only type of company I can work for is one that treats their employees with dignity and respect and that is exactly what I saw. Change can be very hard and frustrating but I really do believe they did the best they could. The next day our CEO had an all hands to talk about the business and the changes they were making and why. He has made himself available for questions and I believe he means it when he tells people to come to him.

Cons

I really can't think of any cons. The Klout integration is still going on. It wasn't handled perfectly but I have never seen an integrations that has been.

It seems like you are moving in the right direction. Keep it up!

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great culture and full of opportunity

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Lithium Technologies full-time

Pros

Culture is awesome; opportunities to work with so many great people across the globe, employees and fortune 1000 customers alike; management listens to feedback seriously - never feel afraid to raise feedback to sr. management / executives, even when negative; corporate values are some of the best out there and it shows that many departments and individuals take them to heart

Cons

Some departments are not as aligned as they should be with the company values, which can have a rippling impact when not attended to

Keep listening to the masses and don't forget our value to "be real"...ever. It's what makes Lithium's culture so unique and still a great place to work despite 2 acquisitions and gaining in size

Start-up feel in a proven business

I have been working at Lithium Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

*Awesome work & life balance including flexible PTO
    *Great offices
    *Solid company benefits
    *Strong team of employees
    *Startup feel & culture in a proven business leading an emerging market

Cons

*Internal communication between departments and from management down can definitely improve

*Communication is key. Some departments do it really well and some don't, and everything starts at the top.

3 weeks in and I love it

Current Employee - Marketing Director  in  London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Marketing Director in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Lithium Technologies full-time for less than a year

Pros

From the very early beginning of the hiring process, you can feel the great vibe coming from the company. HR has been great to support me throughout the process.

Once I accepted the offer, you get a Welcome email to a dedicated on-boarding website which tell you in details what is expected from you as a new employee, from videos to watch to forms to fill out. Then, you get a clear on-boarding program for the next 4 weeks on what you can expect from the company.

People are very supportive in the business and make time for you to sit down and go through what they do and how they can help you too, which make the on-boarding easier.

Cons

Not so far, it has been a great process so far.

Jul 22, 2014Community Team

Thanks for this feedback! It's always valuable to hear from our recent hires, especially since we've recently redesigned this program to optimize the experience. Hoping the rest of your adventure is ... More

Great place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Pros

-Klout joined
    -culture of fun and hardworking peeps
    -rapid growth and change

Cons

Seems to be an easy come easy go mentality

Jul 22, 2014Community Team

Thanks for your feedback. Glad to hear what's making Lithium a positive experience for you.

Awesome company culture!

I have been working at Lithium Technologies full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Company has tremendous upside going forward
    - Some of the most inspired and talented people I've ever had the privilege to work with
    - Leadership team is great and always willing to hear out new ideas
    - Good work-life balance...check!

Cons

- A little nitpicky but as an employee from one of the offices not in the US, it can be a challenge time-wise to attend meetings set by HQ

Jun 24, 2014Community Team

Awesome Glassdoor review! Love what you have to say about our people and culture. It's a shame everyone isn't on the same time-zone. We definitely understand how hard it can be to connect across the ... More

A great company for anyone willing to be friendly and work hard

I have been working at Lithium Technologies full-time for less than a year

Pros

Lithium is a wonderful place to work for a number of reasons. They obviously care about their employees and provide a multitude of high quality meals, snacks, and drinks. Everyone seems to be exceptionally friendly to the point that it is clearly a criteria for hiring. Additionally, the company has a bright future.

Cons

The only real con I could think of as far as working at Lithium would be the lack of significant offices in other states or countries. And honestly, this is only an issue for someone like myself who would love to travel.

Jun 23, 2014Community Team

You're right, we do care about our employees! So we're glad to hear you're having a great experience with us so far. Interesting that you call out our lack of offices, as we have a presence in over ... More

Great place to work with fantastic potential

Current Employee - Engineering Manager  in  Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Engineering Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Lithium Technologies full-time for less than a year

Pros

I love the professionalism of the team and the willingness to take changes. Engineering is very fast paced. The team has a feel of we are all in this together to make our company great. Really great benefits and perks too.

Cons

Traffic is terrible at the office location off 360 in austin. In engineering compensation is at market rate but titles are probably below. For example a Sr engineer at most places in town would be a software engineer here, but compensation is correct.

May 27, 2014Community Team

Right on, thanks for your review! Glad that you're loving the dynamic of the company, it definitely makes for a unique experience. Regarding the Austin office, I think we've got some good news in ... More

Lithium Technologies Photos

Worked for Lithium Technologies? Contribute to the Community!