Lithium Technologies Reviews

Reset
3.9
Lithium Technologies CEO Rob Tarkoff
Rob Tarkoff

Pros
  • nice SF location, WFH and good work life balance for a mid sized company (in 8 reviews)

• Great people with a lot of successful tech company experience in their past (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • Multiple past employee's have contacted me directly to share stories about compensation disputes, miss treatment of employee's and very high turnover (in 6 reviews)

• Getting the right people in the right positions and managing the new personnel requirements with the historical talent makes for growing pains (in 5 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Great Culture, Streamlined On-boarding Process, Genuinely-nice people..

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Pros

The company is wonderful in so many different aspects. From the organized and streamlined process (interview to on-boarding), the great culture, collaborative and engaging co-workers, etc. I feel honored to be a part of this team. We've got catered lunches 3x a week, breakfast 2x a week, great selection of snacks, (I haven't spent a dime since I started working here), commuter and wellness/fitness benefits, pet insurance (hello? even our pets are covered!), friendly co-workers (we all talk, collaborate, engage ourselves with each other), yoga, cooking classes, family room, Giants Games, etc. They put great value on their people for sure. There is also a work-life balance here. People leave can take time off when need be. Isn't that amazing? The product is also cutting edge. It's about social network these days and the software does so much with their customers' success.

Cons

Sometimes when a company is a large scale like this, the departments don't get to interact with each other. Some teams are factionalized which can cause a gap on communication.

Advice to Management

Perhaps add more Company Events for the whole company (globally) so we can all meet and know each other.

May 11, 2015 – CEO

We are adding more Company events this year as we grow bigger and new people join. Thanks for the comments and perspective. We are glad to have you here!!

2. Great and Exciting Company to work for

Former Employee - Customer Service in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Service in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Lithium Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Catered Lunches and Breakfasts -Company activities outside of work -Friendly and smart co-workers -Flexible hours/option to work from home -Creative and fun office environment -Ping pong table and games available

Cons

-Lack of comfortable communication between some departments -Employee lay-offs are common but the company is just looking to maximize revenue per employee. It may offend or confuse some people but when I worked their I thought the lay-offs to be reasonable.

3. Fantastic Company

I have been working at Lithium Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great products and services, excellent culture. Smart, savvy co-workers. Hard working but not crazy.

Cons

Benefits package is not as strong as working in a larger company.

Great people, great space

I have been working at Lithium Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The chance to work with leading company with some passionate people who care about customer success and the chance to work with some great brands. Decent growth over the last few years and a good product offering. Excellent work/life balance and great office location and space.

Cons

Not much on offer in the way of career opportunities, personal growth or the chance to expand or extend skills into new areas. Square pegs fit into square holes. Cultural balance is tilted toward what the employee can do for the company rather than what the company can do for the employee.

Advice to Management

Keep growing the company but don't forget to also grow and nurture the people who make it happen.

Very sharp/talented people, indecisive leadership

I worked at Lithium Technologies full-time

Pros

- Amazing people to work with. - Probably one of the best places to work for as an Engineer - Beautiful Office - Great location

Cons

- E staff changes direction regularly - Very, very difficult to succeed if you're job function is tied to revenue - Layoffs happen quarterly - High employee turnover rate

Advice to Management

Get acquired ASAP

May 11, 2015 – CEO

I am sorry your employment did not work out at Lithium. I hope you are finding good opportunities elsewhere. Our direction has been clear and consistent but has to remain agile in a fast-paced ... More

Great place to learn

I have been working at Lithium Technologies full-time

Pros

Involved in daily decisions Fast paced environment Management cares about the culture

Cons

Sometimes too fast paced, quick turns arounds.

Advice to Management

Keep employee happiness #1 goal besides business contacts and releases.

May 11, 2015 – CEO

Great to hear your perspectives and I will keep employee happiness and engagement as our top priority!!

8. Director

Pros

Great people and high energy, collaborative work environment. Leadership is focused and visionary.

Cons

None so far that I encountered.

May 11, 2015 – CEO

Thanks for your comments. We are focused on building a great Company and thanks for your contributions here!

9. Analyst

Current Employee - Analyst in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Analyst in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Lithium Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great place to work, awesome social and collaborative environment. They have great perks and they take care of their employees.

Cons

Some people are really stubborn and dont listen to their employees. This breeds a very insecure environment dependent on the team you are working in.

Advice to Management

I know we arent all revenue generating teams but you have to show love to those internal facing team members not just sales!

May 11, 2015 – CEO

I appreciate your comments and we will focus on all teams and their contributions to our success as we move forward!

Good interview process, met many people so felt I was making an informed decision.

Current Employee - Sales Director
    Current Employee - Sales Director

I have been working at Lithium Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

open and young culture, high expectations and drive

Cons

some of the smaller company process issues but overall not many issues

Advice to Management

lets make this company into a leader in a new space, that we are starting to define, building on what we already do great

Lots of potential but..

I have been working at Lithium Technologies full-time

Pros

* Great SF downtown location * Work life balance * Upper management is encouraging and supportive. * Lots of product potential especially after Klout, interesting data driven ideas can be pursued.

Cons

* Team dynamics and culture issues. Small teams isolated in their own world is causing identity issues. Some places the culture is fun and teams rally together but in some teams it is miserable. * Product features focus more on strengthening the core but newer better ideas which stimulated a energetic environment, especially around hackathons with Klout, seem to be simmering in the back burner. Lots of talent is sitting around fixing core legacy bugs. * Product is still not profitable and IPO is quite far away. This causes some insecurity in people, coupled with less challenging work.

Advice to Management

Make better use of the people you hired. Only so much work life balance is good in a up trending silicon valley environment where startups are releasing features at lightening pace.

RSS Feed </> Embed