Litigation Management Incorporated

Add Photos

Elizabeth Juliano

What a Mess!

Case Coordinator (Former Employee) Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

ProsA place where I could go to work and leave work at work; never thought about it until I walked in the door. Once I walked out, I didn't think about it anymore. I also was lucky to meet a few wonderful people who will be a part of my life forever.

ConsI worked at LMI for 18 months. I was a hired as a Case Coordinator. The job required a legal background. I was working with attorneys and paralegals. The job description, as given, made it seem like I would be doing quite a bit of legal work. However, my job was nothing like the description. I sat at a computer all day and inputted information. Actually everybody in my department did exactly the same thing, day in and day out, attorneys and paralegals alike. No talking, no asking questions, no noise from the peons. However, management pretty much did whatever they wanted. I never knew when my last day would be. I survived several MASS layoffs. One minute your department had fifty people, the next you were down to four. The biggest problem, as I see it, is the complete lack of empathy and compassion.

Advice to Senior ManagementKarma is a B#$%H. What goes around comes around. The people working for you are human beings, not robots. If you give a little, you might be surprised what you will receive in return.

This company doesn't respect its staff.

Operations Support (Former Employee) Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

ProsCo-workers were great, the job they do is interesting. Made me understand Office Space a lot better.

ConsDepressing place to work. LMI doesn't treat its employees like adults. They would almost literally fire 5 people a week, then then fire at least that mane to replace them. High turn over rate and complex job procedures means that the quality of the work product is low. Rather than giving people time to improve, LMI just lets them go. No one there wants to work there, and everyone is looking for another job.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop hiring who ever is available from the temp service. Invest some time in a proper training program. Trust your employees until they give you a reason not to.

"Just Stay Home and Eat Ramen"

Medical Analyst, RN (Former Employee) Mayfield, OH

ProsAbility to work from home (but really can be a con too, because LMI thinks it's Big Brother.

ConsBig Brother complex from all management. Poor training. Little, if any, positive feedback. Slow workers get paid the same as quick, efficient workers. No privileges. Treated like prisoners. If you show you are capable of working more billable hours than you are required to, that will ALWAYS be expected of you and you will get no recompense or advancement or recognition. Always looking over your shoulder and never talking because I think the place is bugged. CEO has god-like complex but never, ever leaves cushy office. Inefficient and ineffective training. EXTREMELY demoralizing. No amount of money is worth taking a job here. I'd rather live in a tent, walk, and eat Ramen--or beg than work here. I wouldn't recommend it to my mortal enemy, if I had one.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit babysitting and micromanaging. Encourage camaraderie. Recognize good work. You are not the CIA, so don't act like it. Pretty soon you'll be out of business because no one in their right mind would sign up to be treated like you treat people.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I was formerly employed as a Remote Medical Analyst (PRN and temporary)

Remote Analyst (Former Employee)

ProsThe scheduling was flexible. I could work any time of the day as long as I scheduled ahead of time and got my work done. It was a work from home job, so I didn't have to spend time or money on driving.

ConsThis was by far the worst training I've ever experienced or heard of anywhere. They literally had a few hours of webinars that introduced basic use of the software and how to complete online timekeeping. Then they started giving assignments for us to complete with no instruction on what they wanted. We would submit the work for review to an experienced employee, who would point out all the mistakes, but not necessarily why they were mistakes or how to correct them. It was an extremely inefficient way of learning. Once I learned what they wanted, the job really wasn't difficult. They could have saved a lot of time and money if they would learn how to train employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend some time learning and developing an effective training program. Show your employees a little respect.

Avoid working here

Attorney (Former Employee) Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

ProsMy fellow workers were fun and intelligent. It is a nice location off of 271.

ConsJust about everything. You are treated like a child. The pay is poor. The training is poor. You are watched like a hawk.

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease the pay. More realistic expectations of the work product. Better training. Little loyality.

Not a great place to work...

I Cannot Say, They May Figure Out Who I Am (Former Employee) Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

ProsA lot of really great people work there and I've kept in touch with them since I had the opportunity to escape.

ConsThere was a constant paranoia there. They count your keystrokes. Any day can be your last day. No warning. If your phone rings (and you are not allowed to receive personal phone calls) you should be scared. It is likely HR calling you to escort you out the door. They will pack up your belongings and have a courier deliver them to your household.

Advice to Senior ManagementPeople who work there are capable of getting another job. They are not desperate like you make them believe. You need to treat your employees with respect and reward them for a job well done. You need to be replaced with someone who knows how to run a business and cultivate the best from your employees.

People are dedicated to doing a good job and making LMI a good company

Human Resources (Former Employee)

ProsPeople are nice and dedicated. There was a mix of new and old. Ways of doing things are being looked at to be more efficient and profitable. Yes, they hold people accountable, but shouldn’t every company. The market is changing and the company is willing to change to be successful.

ConsPeople think Big Brother is watching. What are you doing that your afraid BB is watching? The formal enviroment is present. Very strict with time keeping and attendance.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe changes you have made are great improvements with the overall culture. Keep going down that path. Employees are concern with future and where the company is going. The more work LMI has, the less concern.

I Saw It Coming ....

Medical Support (Former Employee) Cleveland, OH

ProsI actually worked with the company during the Bond Court days when the owner knew everyone's name. There were maybe fifteen of us at the most. I was there for five years and I loved working for the company. And then ....

Consone day there was a new face and before you knew it there was a palpable change underway. This 'new hire' quickly hired her friends, and from that point things went downhill. The backstabbing and the whispers began and all of a sudden .... a massive layoff. There were several who'd been with the owner from the beginning. They were squeezed out by She Who Should Not Be Named and replaced with her friends. When I was asked to return, I declined.

Advice to Senior ManagementSeems like the problems that plagued the company back in the 90's are still there, although I hear She Who Should Not Be Named is no longer there. But the damage has been done. Sad reading all the negative reviews. I remember when I LOVED working for this company.

awful, sad, depressing place to work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Mayfield, OH

Proswas paid well for what you did.

Conseverything. Management does not know what they are doing. you live in fear while working there, don't talk to anyone or spend more then 2 minutes going to the bathroom. Don't work there, it's a dead end especially if you are a man.I am just so depressed thinking about the place that I can't comment any further!

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of all the current management.

A Decent Company to Work For

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Mayfield Heights, OH

ProsGood compensation, Family Oriented. Nice facilities.

ConsCompany growth is dynamic. People were hired on demand.

Worked for Litigation Management Incorporated? Contribute to the Community!