Little Caesar's

Little Caesar's Reviews

Updated Jul 9, 2014

Little Caesar's President, Little Caesar Enterprises, Inc David Scrivano

David Scrivano

Pros:
  • "flexible hours, great for highschool/ college employment"
    in 17 reviews
  • "Easy job but will keep you working and moving"
    in 12 reviews
Cons:
  • "hours), only minimum wage and takes a couple years to get a decent raise"
    in 14 reviews
  • "Managers must be hands-on at all times and work long hours to meet labor budgets"
    in 8 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

I had a great time with my coworkers, but the manager was awful.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsShaker boarding is so much fun. Meeting the community.

ConsSexual Harassment from manager. Can get boring.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet new managers and watch over franchisees better.

fun workplace, but very little money to be made.

Cashier (Current Employee)
    Tempe, AZ

Prosgreat workplace full of great people. very relaxed and easygoing.

Conscrew members are only allowed to work twenty five hours a week
    small income

Good Place to Start

Crew Member (Former Employee)

ProsIt was a good place to have a first job, the people were relaxed, the owners were very laid back and easy to get along with.

Deal with a wide range of people
    learn interpersonal skills
    learned skills on training people

ConsThe amount you work really depends on which store you work at and how busy it is, so if you want a lot of hours you really need to pick based on location, but that is how any food service job is.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Friendly and fun place to work

Crew Member (Current Employee)

Prosextremely flexible hours, friendly workers, on the job training

Consonly allowed up to 29 hours a week unless you are a GM (then you work 50+ hours), only minimum wage and takes a couple years to get a decent raise

Overall, Little Caesar's is a great place to work at as a student.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe people are fun to work with. Mostly everyone gets along great. You can actually feel that sense of family within a few weeks and the customers are great! Carrie, the owner, and Jesus, the supervisor, .are super nice and they gives you great tips on how to improve your work.

ConsIt only pays 7.25/hour and highest you can get paid is like 8 or 8 something as a manager. That isn't anything. Finish school!

Fast paced, fun environment with young hard working staff

Store Manager (Former Employee)
    Lake Zurich, IL

ProsAs the manager of a Little Caesars that was just opening, it was a lot of fun to take part in the hiring of the staff. In addition to that, working with the staff was an enjoyable endeavor on a day-to-day basis. Everyone got along well and we even often spent time together outside of work. The pay wasn't overly exciting, but it was decent given the position and its responsibilities.

ConsThe hours were long and I know many of the staff employees complained about their hourly rate, which was typically minimum wage. The particular store I managed was one of several stores all owned by a franchise owner. My caution is to just be mindful of the franchise owned stores as the owner can play a huge factor in how enjoyable the experience can be. This particular owner lacked sensible people skills and micro managed most facets of his business, ultimately making the life of his store managers quite unpleasant and thus leading to high turnover in this position.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in your management personnel. Be willing to pay a little more salary to your store manager if you feel that would be the best long term decision for your business because high turnover will end up costing more in employee development. Do not micro manage every facet of your business, trust the training you instill in your managers and allow them to make decisions as well so they can feel a sense of ownership in their tasks.

Good for experience, that's about it.

Cashier (Current Employee)
    El Paso, TX

ProsIt was my first real job so I was able to get experience.

ConsHorrible pay, most employees are stuck with minimum wage and the student managers only get $0.75 more.
    Inflexible hours, management refused to work with my life/school schedule. I was given a schedule based on when management wanted me to work even if I was unable to make those days. You are not able to call in, the only way is if you get someone to cover your shift, but only with manager approval.
    Very little chance of moving up, I was head cashier and was told I would be training as a student manager, but due to the lack of cashiers I was never able to receive training and move up.
    There are no scheduled breaks, you are expected to work your shift in its entirety without a break. You can ask the managers if you are able to take a 30 minute unpaid break, but that is only if they let you.
    Schedule issues. You are expected to be at work exactly on time for your schedule(which is 100% reasonable) but you can be written up even if you are so much as a minute late. However you will never leave exactly on time. The next manager will keep you over your scheduled time until they feel it is necessary for you to leave. I usually didn't get out until 45 minutes-1 hour of my scheduled end time.
    Cashiers operate on quotas of selling Crazy Bread and Deep Deep Dish Pizza and if they do not reach their marks, they have their hours cut/will be fired. It is hard to sell other products when people think that Little Caesars only sells $5 Large Pepperoni Pizzas.

Not a bad place to work honestly.

Cook (Former Employee)
    Lafayette, CO

ProsIt's a very easy position, usually didn't have much to do
    The coworkers were very friendly to work with
    The management was very laidback

ConsTerrible POS system, placing orders usually involved a series of complicated letters and numbers that did not make much sense
    Lack of things to do often times, for people who are fairly lazy the job gets by but I prefer to always have something to do
    Low pay

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer more stuff on the menu

Unprofessional and underpaying!

Assistant Manager (Former Employee)
    Cincinnati, OH

ProsEasy to get hired, the interview was easy. If you are hard up for a job you'll definitly get this one.

Conslow pay, work environment unprofessional, management shows favoritism, store is dirty, need I go on?

Advice to Senior ManagementTake more pride in your work, hire better employees, pay more so that you get better quality work and product!

Good management

Cashier (Former Employee)
    Austin, TX

ProsDecent pay, nice people. Clean place.

ConsBoring work, not really any fun at all.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake the Work more interesting.

Worked for Little Caesar's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Little Caesar's reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Little Caesar's CEO David Scrivano . All 196 reviews posted anonymously by Little Caesar's employees.