Little Caesar's

Updated December 14, 2014
2.8

Little Caesar's President, Little Caesar Enterprises, Inc David Scrivano
David Scrivano

Pros
  • Little Caesars offered me flexible hours so that I could attend school and work at the same time (in 23 reviews)

• Easy job but will keep you working and moving (in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • Most Little Caesars restaurants consist of young employees that are restricted to minimum wage regardless of effort or workload (in 19 reviews)

• You will only be able to work part time and will need a second job to earn living hours (in 9 reviews)

More Highlights

Customer Service

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative, Assistant Manager in Spanish Fork, UT

I worked at Little Caesar's part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Fun work environment, great manager who was really good with hours.

Cons

Manager left shortly after I did. Rushes were insane with lines out the door, and people getting very angry if having to wait less then three minutes for a pizza.

Help employes out. There are many that are going to school that can only work part time, don't overlook these people. Many employees that I met that were only part time worked harder than the full time

save yourself the time and find a better job.

I have been working at Little Caesar's

Pros

some of the people you work with are really fun and just talking while working makes the time go by very fast! you meet a lot of new people and most of them are very nice. flexible scheduling has to be a big plus too, only if your shift supervisor actually pays attention to the details. if so then you'll have no problem! very easy and in routine!

Cons

HORRIBLE MANAGEMENT. at my store it seemed that they were running out of managers so they would promote random crew members just to be managers. they dont properly train them either! if you do choose the closing shift, you better pray that you aren't there cleaning until 2 am. little caesars has really silly rules and sometimes they discourage you from doing the actual right thing. also hot-n-ready is IMPOSSIBLE. what a lot of people don't understand is hot-n-ready is really for a customer to order only 1 pizza. many low income families come and feed their children because its so cheap and they tend to order around 4-5 pizzas at a time and if you are constantly getting those kinds of orders in, you can imagine how backed up our oven becomes. if you work here tend to get yelled at by customers for not having their walk-in order for 10 cheese not ready. seriously there are so many problems with this system it will never add up. it takes 20-39 seconds to give out a pizza but around 7-8 minutes for a pizza to cook. save yourself the anxiety and stress for another job. anything will be better than little caesars.

i don't even know where to begin. really get rid of the "hot-n-ready" slogan cause it never is ready and it'll save you from all the complaints you guys stack up.

Great place to learn to work!

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Little Caesar's part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Very easy job. All you have to do is really pay attention and do not let pizzas burn. This is a good place to begin working as it will teach you to multitask.

Cons

No opportunity for growth. Rare raise in salary.

Recognize it is a minimum wage job and people will treat it as such.

Standard quick-service pizza restaurant

Former Employee - General Manager in Gilbert, AZ
    Former Employee - General Manager in Gilbert, AZ

I worked at Little Caesar's full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Stepping-stone job. Opportunity for growth, experience and development of certain qualities that serve as a perfect entry into the work-force.

Cons

As with most franchises, all positive quirks related to work and pay rely solely on the management style of the owners. Most Little Caesars restaurants consist of young employees that are restricted to minimum wage regardless of effort or workload. The approach explained to me by the owners of the franchise I worked at was as follows: "Hire a bunch of 16 year olds, and when they start asking for too much money--fire them." Beware. Also, as a manager, do not expect benefits, overtime, or a work-life balance. As the store manager, I was forced to work a regular weekly amount of 50-70 hours in order to maintain optimal function of the store (season transition), yet I only got paid for 40 hours due to refusal to pay overtime (salary). Having to work 20-50 hours for free every paycheck was very mentally draining, and resulted in a complete loss of any work-life balance. Lastly, the regional supervisors are extremely unprofessional, and if you do not make an attempt to fit into their "clique", you will be treated poorly and discriminated against.

Recognize proper talent, treat employees better, and train supervisors to act on a professional basis rather than a personal one.

Quick review

Former Employee - Assistant Manager
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager

I worked at Little Caesar's part-time (more than an year)

Pros

employee discount, plenty of room for advancement

Cons

at the mercy of store management and store politics

Love the People and the Food !!!

Current Employee - General Manager in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - General Manager in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Little Caesar's full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Quick Promotions - Fast Pace - Easy to Teach and Learn

Cons

Food is hard to work with - its not an easy thing to make that many Pizzas'

Very stressful.

I worked at Little Caesar's

Pros

always hit my 40 hours.

Cons

always short-staffed and needing to make goals. if you didn't, you could get written up or just plain terminated.

train employees better.

Great first job

Current Employee - Crew Member in Vallejo, CA
    Current Employee - Crew Member in Vallejo, CA

I have been working at Little Caesar's part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good atmosphere; after a while everyone really starts to feel like a big family. stations are easy to learn its just a whole bunch of repetition after you've learned it all really. work hours are flexible; if your in school or you have other main priorities they emphasize with you and give you the shifts you actually want based upon your schedule, they have really stable schedules they don't like throwing you around like the dummy you feel you are working there, also the post schedules two weeks in advance and usually always give you your requested day off.

Cons

Busy sometimes you really don't even notice the time nor have the time to breathe. customers are ghetto literally, their a lot of low income families coming for our cheap pizzas, nothing wrong with it if it didn't come with a crap load more attitude, robberies, and homeless people leaking outside of your company doorstep. no hours HRs policies just get worse and worse regarding store hours considering how busy it is you'd think this wouldn't be a problem. pay raises, at the rare occasion you receive one for your efforts are only five cents oh joy let me go shopping now, what a way to make us feel appreciated. understaffed; the company takes away hours stating we don't have any but yet work is constantly busy and then throws all the hours on the general manager who is already over worked as is.

managers need to show some gratitude to those worthy to deem themselves as hard workers, give us some decent raises so we wanna stay and work, too many negative policy's then positive, and my god either hire more people or give us more hours please.

Assistant Manager

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Syracuse, NY
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Syracuse, NY

I have been working at Little Caesar's part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Workplace is like a family, flexible hours, free food

Cons

Terrible upper management, no concern for employees, unfair policies

Focus on retention at the crew level, and you wouldn't have such problems later on, drug test employees and pay them more to attract quality workers

Good high school job

Former Employee - Employee in Ramona, CA
    Former Employee - Employee in Ramona, CA

I worked at Little Caesar's part-time (less than an year)

Pros

flexible schedule, good costumer service experience

Cons

not very long shifts, always short shifts, never would get more than 30 hours a week.

Little Caesar's Photos