Little Caesar's

Updated November 20, 2014
2.7

Little Caesar's President, Little Caesar Enterprises, Inc David Scrivano
David Scrivano

Pros
  • Little Caesars offered me flexible hours so that I could attend school and work at the same time (in 23 reviews)

• Easy job but will keep you working and moving (in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • Most Little Caesars restaurants consist of young employees that are restricted to minimum wage regardless of effort or workload (in 19 reviews)

• Managers must be hands-on at all times and work long hours to meet labor budgets (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights

Not that bad

Former Employee - Store Manager in Charleston, WV
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Charleston, WV

I worked at Little Caesar's full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

It really is an easy job. Obviously there are busy hours and slow hours. Great for first time work.

Cons

Low pay but what do you expect its fast food with five dollar pies.

System of Poverty.

Former Employee - Crew Member in Huntsville, AL
    Former Employee - Crew Member in Huntsville, AL

I worked at Little Caesar's part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I had complete control over my schedule up to having twenty-eight hours per week. Another pro: quitting was quite satisfying.

Cons

I worked my butt off for three years with multiple managers telling me I was the hardest worker they had. I was never idle. I cleaned the walls if we weren't busy. I did all of this for minimum wage. It was my first job, and management kept telling me I was "lucky" to not be working at McDonald's or Walmart. They had me convinced. Much worse, I dealt with sexual harrasment for ALL of my last year. AND when I got a work related injury (pinched nerve from repetitive motion) I was told to not bother filing for workers' compensation.

GIVE PEOPLE RAISES! Even if you have to have fewer workers to make the bottom line, it's better to pay people enough to not despise you and oh, maybe SURVIVE. Workers will be more reliable when they can rely more on their employers for adequate compensation.

Horrible job unless you have nothing better to do.

Current Employee - Team Member in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Team Member in Houston, TX

I have been working at Little Caesar's part-time (less than an year)

Pros

You dont have to go to work everyday.Sometimes you get to eat the pizza.

Cons

No breaks.Few Hours (Maybe 4 days in one week)
    Stressful someone can order 30 pizza's and you have to make it in 1 hour while your assisting other customers. If your new to the job you will only get help like 2 days then its like your invisible and you get confused and dont know what your suppose to do.To many Managers and CoManagers you get confused.They messed up my check it took me a whole month to get it back.

Take the time to welcome someone to the job and actually teach them the steps dont tell someone else to do it and then yell at the new employee becuase odf what the other person tould them to do.

Your experience will vary greatly based on co-workers.

Current Employee - Assistant Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager

I have been working at Little Caesar's part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

If you get along with management, you'll get regular hours, flexible scheduling, and an incredible simple work day. If your co-workers are competent, every work day will be very easy and stress-free.

Cons

On the other hand, if your manager doesn't like you, you're gonna have a bad time. They're free to give you the worst hours, most tedious tasks, smallest teams, and hand out write-ups for the most marginal errors. One example of such behavior is that I was trained by a lady who literally did not speak one word in a common language with me, yet I was reprimanded for not followings procedures that I didn't know about. You can also get stuck with only new hires for entire sections of the day, leading to incredibly stressful situations. It also goes without saying that since this is a service-industry job, customers will frequently berate and verbally abuse cashiers and managers.

Upper management needs to ensure a positive work environment is available to all workers, not just the ones who got lucky enough to be placed at a relaxed store.

General Manager

Former Employee - General Manager in Morgantown, WV
    Former Employee - General Manager in Morgantown, WV

I worked at Little Caesar's full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great place to recognize you leadership abilities

Cons

Low salary for time contributed

Be hot N Ready!!! business will come if you have your SOPs nailed down

I have been here for two years and the people and management are great!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Muncie, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Muncie, IN

I have been working at Little Caesar's full-time (more than an year)

Pros

It is very laid back here. In two years I went from a crew member to an assistant manager. The growth rate seems quacking than usual BUT once you become an assistant there is not a whole lot of room for growth after that. When you ask for time off, you receive it. And you are not forced to be a shakerboarder unless that is what you are hired in as.

Cons

It is a VERY fast paced working environment and can be very stressful at times. Training is not something they spend quality time doing for their employees, however, it is a job that can be self taught and you can come up with your own ways of doing things that seem quicker to you. No vacation pay, 401K, or insurance for any full time employee unless you are a salaried general manager.

I believe that there should be schedule making regulations. One pay period I have over 80 hours and the next period I have 45. Where is the consistency? For being such a wealthy company I feel that Assistant managers should have a set pay rate, higher than 9 an hour as I am only getting paid 50 cents more an hour than I was as a crew member.

Great place to work

Former Employee - Crew Member in Faribault, MN
    Former Employee - Crew Member in Faribault, MN

I worked at Little Caesar's part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Easy to get along with coworkers, managers rotate jobs so it's not only the same thing every day, very flexible hours

Cons

Minimum wage, only get $.10 raise every 6 months. Not a full-time job

Better chances for advancement, bigger raises after 6 months

Feels like I'm being discriminated against because I am pregnant.

Current Employee - Cashier in Albuquerque, NM
    Current Employee - Cashier in Albuquerque, NM

I have been working at Little Caesar's part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Two of my coworkers are easy to get along with and understand my situation and are very helpful

Cons

My manager has three cashiers on duty at the same time, myself included. I only work an hour a day. It's ridiculous already. I honestly think its because I am pregnant.

Only hire as much cashiers as needed. Do not schedule more than two cashiers a day. Treat everyone equally even if the are pregnant.

Pretty decent laid back management experience

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Mesa, AZ
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Mesa, AZ

I worked at Little Caesar's full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The atmosphere was laid back. You always had things to do.

Cons

At times I felt pretty overworked

Try to get to know employees a bit better and maybe the turnover wouldnt be so bad

Fun, sometimes annoying

Current Employee - General Crew Member
    Current Employee - General Crew Member

I have been working at Little Caesar's part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Fun, relaxed environment. Good stepping stone to better jobs. Easy, common sense job.

Cons

Many workers are unreliable, and always late. poor management. bad pay (but fits the job). No raises ever.

Monitor your stores and employees. Employees should't be allowed to do as they please

Little Caesar's Photos