Little Caesar's

Updated January 25, 2015
2.8

Little Caesar's President, Little Caesar Enterprises, Inc David Scrivano
David Scrivano

Pros
  • Little Caesars offered me flexible hours so that I could attend school and work at the same time (in 23 reviews)

• Easy job but will keep you working and moving (in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • Most Little Caesars restaurants consist of young employees that are restricted to minimum wage regardless of effort or workload (in 19 reviews)

• You will only be able to work part time and will need a second job to earn living hours (in 9 reviews)

More Highlights

Great place to learn to work!

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Little Caesar's part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Very easy job. All you have to do is really pay attention and do not let pizzas burn. This is a good place to begin working as it will teach you to multitask.

Cons

No opportunity for growth. Rare raise in salary.

Recognize it is a minimum wage job and people will treat it as such.

Good starting job

Former Employee - Shift Leader/Trainer
    Former Employee - Shift Leader/Trainer

I worked at Little Caesar's full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Gain experience by learning how to multitask at a fast pace. Also very goal oriented job good for keeping structure.

Cons

Corperate is somewhat corrupt. They have very high sales expectations. Always short staffed.

Talk to shift leader discuss what is an occurring problem with the store and tey to work with them to resolve the issues.

Worked there happily for 2 years

Current Employee - Crew Member in Santee, CA
    Current Employee - Crew Member in Santee, CA

I have been working at Little Caesar's part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Pizza-making is easy and it's a fun environment. The owner let us make a free pizza during our shift and we were allowed to take home unsold breadsticks.

Cons

Got really sick of pizza. Primary language spoken by staff was Arabic. Little opportunity for advancement, became mundane after the first year. Minimum wage.

Sucks

Current Employee - Employee in Huntsville, AL
    Current Employee - Employee in Huntsville, AL

I have been working at Little Caesar's full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Extremely easy work
    Crew meals

Cons

Shift leads only make 8$
    Managers only make 10$
    Work is extremely boring
    Might get scheduled 4 hours 7 days a week because business is slow in the mornings
    Always cutting labor because they can't pay their employees
    25 cent raise after 5 months

N/a

The job was a good job except all of the drama you are forced to deal with.

Former Employee - Cashier in Lenoir City, TN
    Former Employee - Cashier in Lenoir City, TN

I worked at Little Caesar's part-time (less than a year)

Pros

The leadership at the one I worked at was solid. They always listened to us when we had a complaint and we had a chance to move up if we had been there long enough.

Cons

They always want you to come in on your days off. You had to deal with the drama the manager had and what they did always come back on the employees not the managers

Give us more promotions and have more people there so you don't get called in on your day off.

Awful Job

Former Employee - Cashier in Lakewood, CO
    Former Employee - Cashier in Lakewood, CO

I worked at Little Caesar's part-time (more than a year)

Pros

The majority of my co-workers were awesome

Cons

The pay was terrible, the upper management was two-faced and they often lied, the product they sold was low quality, it was very obvious the company only cared about profit, not their employees or customers. There was hardly room for advancement or promotions, unless of course you did not deserve these things, then you were promoted to assistant manager somehow.

Instead of hiring new employees, maybe try scheduling the ones you already have

Monticello, MN Little Caesar's

Current Employee - Team Member in Monticello, MN
    Current Employee - Team Member in Monticello, MN

I have been working at Little Caesar's part-time (less than a year)

Pros

It's a job, there's always something to do, it's fun with the right people. Little Caesar's is a popular place, so it's almost always busy.

Cons

It's not corporate owned, it'owned by a veteran. He doesn't know how to run a business. He wouldn't be able to handle it all if it weren't for his wife. It's mostly high school students working there. Some immature behavior happening when stress levels rise.

Keep an eye on this store. They aren't very professional at all.

I had good co-workers, but company policies were not very good, and management was poor.

Current Employee - Hourly in Maysville, KY
    Current Employee - Hourly in Maysville, KY

I have been working at Little Caesar's part-time (less than a year)

Pros

This is a good first job for a high schooler. I had good co-workers, and a friendly, easy going manager. You do get a free pizza during your shift, and get to take home what doesn't sell at the end of the night.

Cons

I was being trained as a full-time assistant manager my first day on the job, even though I could only work part-time. We were short on staff, and high schoolers were working full-time during the summer simply because our manager did not want to hire anymore people. At orientation, I was told that everyone gets paid minimum wage ($7.25/hr) with NO raises. There are also next to no opportunities to get promoted. During an 8-hour shift, you are constantly on your feet in a hot environment, and you get one 30 minute, unpaid break. Needless to say, I did not stay there very long.

Please change some of your policies, especially how you pay your employees. They work too hard to only get paid minimum wage with no opportunities to get promoted or at least get a raise.

Standard quick-service pizza restaurant

Former Employee - General Manager in Gilbert, AZ
    Former Employee - General Manager in Gilbert, AZ

I worked at Little Caesar's full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Stepping-stone job. Opportunity for growth, experience and development of certain qualities that serve as a perfect entry into the work-force.

Cons

As with most franchises, all positive quirks related to work and pay rely solely on the management style of the owners. Most Little Caesars restaurants consist of young employees that are restricted to minimum wage regardless of effort or workload. The approach explained to me by the owners of the franchise I worked at was as follows: "Hire a bunch of 16 year olds, and when they start asking for too much money--fire them." Beware. Also, as a manager, do not expect benefits, overtime, or a work-life balance. As the store manager, I was forced to work a regular weekly amount of 50-70 hours in order to maintain optimal function of the store (season transition), yet I only got paid for 40 hours due to refusal to pay overtime (salary). Having to work 20-50 hours for free every paycheck was very mentally draining, and resulted in a complete loss of any work-life balance. Lastly, the regional supervisors are extremely unprofessional, and if you do not make an attempt to fit into their "clique", you will be treated poorly and discriminated against.

Recognize proper talent, treat employees better, and train supervisors to act on a professional basis rather than a personal one.

Very stressful.

I worked at Little Caesar's

Pros

always hit my 40 hours.

Cons

always short-staffed and needing to make goals. if you didn't, you could get written up or just plain terminated.

train employees better.