Little Company of Mary

Updated July 19, 2014
Updated July 19, 2014
2.9

Liz Dunne

Professionalized in surgical tray assembly, decontamination of surgical instrument trays, transporting surgical instrume

Current Employee - Certified Registered Sterile Processing Technician II in Harbor City, CA

I have been working at Little Company of Mary (less than an year)

Pros

Opportunity for growth advancement and employment.

Cons

There should be less cancelling of contracts coming from agencies.

There should be given a greater opportunity for hire for those who service central services through agencies.

Good cohort of people you actually work with; management team ruins the environment

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA

I have been working at Little Company of Mary full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great place to gain experience as Nurse, Aids, Respiratory Therapists, OT, PT, ETC. Friendly environment, great community. Decent health and retirement benefit- not the best, but adequate.

Cons

The Nurses won union representation but it has not been implenmented; plus the union only covers the nurses- leaving everyone else to fend for themselves.
    Management cares only about the bottomline: claims there is no money for staff and overtime- spends lavish amount of money on superficial things ie. new carpet for the whole hospital and constantly remodeling the building- without actually improving infrastructor and work flow.
    Relative low pay to other great medical centers in the area.
    Heavy work load with low pay means high turnover rate.

Spend less time worrying about the superficial things on hospital ground and actually try and retain good employees- instead of losing all the good personnel because of overworked staff and low pay. Listen to your staff and do not neglect your night time staff- we spend the other half of the day with OUR patients, please remember that.

Caring atmosphere, and good coworkers

I worked at Little Company of Mary

Pros

Most of my coworkers were genuine in their care for patients and for their colleagues in addition to being very competent professionals. The public education folks I worked with were especially helpful and leaned forward whenever there was an opportunity.

Cons

Pay raises were not forthcoming. Upper management sees little value in some things that actually make people's lives better (for example, the public education).

Listen to what works, not only to what makes money. Money will come from making a difference in the community.

They don't care about the patients, low pay, long hours- and they will alter your time card

Former Employee - RN ICU in Torrance, CA
    Former Employee - RN ICU in Torrance, CA

I worked at Little Company of Mary full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good CE opportunities and PTO

Cons

Rude co-workers, triple charting, lazy support staff

Information Systems

Former Employee - Information Systems in Torrance, CA
    Former Employee - Information Systems in Torrance, CA

I worked at Little Company of Mary

Pros

Good place if you enjoy autonomy and you are self-driven. Management does not micro-manage but expects you to be independent and start initiatives. I enjoyed working with the majority of the departments and supporting them with their IT needs. The cafeteria food is not bad but can be a little expensive. Good PTO and salary.

Cons

The only downside here, I question some of leadership management and senior executive team. The traffic in the area is a little crazy during rush hour.

I am a little weary of senior management after they made a decision to outsource the department to a third party vendor. Unforchantely, this plan backfired and now the hospital has to rehire they transferred or laid off. I wish senior management would not focus on ROI so much and understand that in-house IT services will serve the hospital's interest better than a 3rd party vendor...