Little Friends

Jack Ryan

Good and Bad

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Downers Grove, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Downers Grove, IL

I have been working at Little Friends full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Like most social service jobs, the client interactions and coworkers are the reasons for staying. The pay is one of the best in the area for entry level positions. The staff are friendly, selfless, and work with a focus on the best interest of the clients.

Cons

Managers focus on what is easiest for them rather than what is best for their clients. Management rarely confronts employees for unprofessional behavior (being on a cell phone, not staying on top of required paperwork, excessive absences or tardiness).

Do not lose sight of the fact that you are there to enrich the lives of the clients; this can only be done through meticulous employee management.

Probably the worst place you could ever work.

I have been working at Little Friends full-time (more than an year)

Pros

They are often hiring. Working with the populations served can be rewording (but that would be true at any organization)

Cons

They treat their employees very poorly, take zero responsibility for their actions, overwork staff which puts clients at risk, put employees at considerable risk, as well. All in all, I would warn anyone I care about against working here.

I don't know where to begin...
    But it would need to start with HR. There are some very decent, hardworking employees there, and no one sane and worthwhile would stick around much longer than they usually do.

sad place to work

I worked at Little Friends

Pros

some people are there to collect a paycheck

Cons

some people are there to really work and care

Good Program; Low Pay

I worked at Little Friends full-time

Pros

The program had a lot of great resources for students and staff. I was impressed with the office space available to staff and the number of activities and facilities available to students.

Cons

I did not accept the position because of a very long commute and low pay. I did not work there so I don't have an idea of what the actual work day would have been like.

Family friendly and great hours

I worked at Little Friends full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The staff were very friendly and supportive. Hours of work fantastic.

Cons

The pay wasn't the best.

Lots of nice people, great manager, respect for work life balance, doing a great service for others

Current Employee - Community Support Specialist
    Current Employee - Community Support Specialist

I have been working at Little Friends

Pros

I have met so many wonderful people. LF tries their best to treat employees fairly and pay them as much as they can. I have a great manager and they are always open to feedback.

Cons

Disconnect between upper management and the rest of the organization.

Some new faces in upper management would be great. There's also a huge disconnect between upper management and the rest of the organization; we only hear from them very sporadically. Implementing more current technology would be great as well- employees should be able to email their supervisors! An employee wellness program would probably save LF lots of money on health claims.