Little Rapids Reviews

Updated April 19, 2015
3 reviews filtered by
2.9
D. K. Tippy

1. This is a company with wonderful people.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Green Bay, WI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Green Bay, WI

I worked at Little Rapids

Pros

The associates on the floor and the office personnel are wonderful to work with on a daily basis, and particularly on a one-to-one basis. My manager gave me the flexibility I needed to do my job well and to maintain my work-life-balance.

Cons

The relationship between the union and the company provides many challenges because it is quite harsh. Also, the company leadership does not seem to respect the associates on the floor as much as I feel they should. This is evidenced by the fact that upper level managers are rarely on the floor and rarely ask for the opinions of those actually doing the work. Along with other reasons, this makes for a fairly poor employee morale in these areas.

Advice to Management

From a business standpoint, continue to do what you do; it's working. From a personnel standpoint, spend more time with the people on the floor. They are full of ideas for improvements, and it would boost employee morale.

2. Extremely toxic management to employee relationships!

Former Employee - Production Associate in Green Bay, WI
    Former Employee - Production Associate in Green Bay, WI

I worked at Little Rapids full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Above average pay. Climate controlled production floor.

Cons

The relationship between the employees and management is terrible. The majority of salaried employees are only looking out for themselves. Next to no room for advancement. All-in-all, a very depressing place to work!

Advice to Management

Treat your employees like PEOPLE.

3. Decent place to work

I worked at Little Rapids

Pros

Good challenges. Good processes in place for ISO certification. Friendly coworkers. Up to date technology and facilities at one location. Good safety program.

Cons

One location is a much older facility although the technology is okay. Job performance reviews are inconsequential. Staff incentives are difficult to meet.

Advice to Management

Value all input no matter where it comes from.