Liturgical Publications

Best Company I've worked for in my 30 years of Sales

Current Employee - Regional Account Representative in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Regional Account Representative in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Liturgical Publications

Pros

The benefits of working at Liturgical Publications is your joining a company that is not only successful throughout the US in helping their customers but they take it a step further by ensuring that every employee is trained by the best trainers, managers and management. This results in customers who trust us, stay with us and recommended us to others. The opportunities to excel and grow are above average and superior to other companies. The ability to work as a team and continually work on improvements alleviate errors and thus retain long lasting relationships! From our Sales Manger's, VP, CEO, COO, HR Team, we are consistently able to share ideas, share experiences, overcome obstacles and be rewarded for our work. The management team consistently promotes and rewards their employees with bonuses, trips and so much more. For me, this is not a job but a career that I am proud to say I'm a part of. Benefits, time-off, compensation are all above standards!
    If you haven't worked with a company that offers these opportunities, you have missed out! All companies, whether established for years or just start-up businesses should take time to see just how LPi, Inc. runs their business and I assure you, your success will prosper and your employees will stay!

Cons

Challenges with LPi are simple, we want the best. We want team players, people who want to grow and prosper, people who are passionate about their work. People who care about their customers and put in an honest days work. If your not looking for these qualifications, please do not apply. We love our work, we are passionate, we are a team and we won't let anyone interfere with our drive.

My advice to management is keep doing what your doing. You're the elite! A force to be reckoned with. Your ability to continue building this business rapidly and consistently challenging yourselves to help this company prosper is incredible. To have your employees look forward to seeing you, exchanging ideas and receiving feedback is what makes this company the success it is. The greatest gift we can receive is to be told we are good and that we are appreciated. This is exactly what I receive everyday I go to work. I thank you all for believing in me and this great company. Larry, Chris, and everyone I deal with, you have continued to teach me, help me and for that it makes me a better employee, a better representative for LPi and all around a better person.

Excellent work and life balance with great co-workers.

Current Employee - Web Developer in New Berlin, WI
    Current Employee - Web Developer in New Berlin, WI

I have been working at Liturgical Publications full-time (less than a year)

Pros

With a daily standing meeting and weekly code review you are always learning from your teammates. Our manager is always pushing us to do more, better, faster and it shows in our work we do.

Cons

Sometimes it seems like ideas are not taken seriously. Different segments of the organization are siloed.

It would be helpful for get quick responses and open communication across all teams.

Split cultures

I have been working at Liturgical Publications full-time

Pros

The non-management teams care and are great to work with. There’s flexibility in scheduling and education is encouraged.

Cons

The culture is very cut throat and adversarial. The managers seem to delight in watching each other fail.

Stop acting like a small size company. The politics and backstabbing among your managers is only serving to limit your opportunities. Listen to the "bottom level" employees. Collectively they are smarter than you and will see the opportunities you're missing. And you're missing a lot of them.

Try selling in a declining market

Current Employee - Ad Sales in Hartford, CT
    Current Employee - Ad Sales in Hartford, CT

I have been working at Liturgical Publications full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good job for someone breaking into media sales,

Cons

Your success is based on the churches you are assigned, sales cycle too short, web offering is lame.

reduce the number of poor performing churches, not worth the sales reps time.

Long ride strange Culture

I worked at Liturgical Publications full-time

Pros

The best thing about working with the company was the people you meet that come and go. A lot of wonderful people have worked within the walls of LPI through out the years.

Cons

The incentives are not there to retain quality employees, 'teamwork' printed on a t-shirt, does not thrive throughout the company. There is not a lot of room to move up in the company, only in certain areas. When ideas are shared where real concerns are they are just passed by as unimportant.

Everyone is important, yet most are not feeling that way. It would be beneficial to bring back some much needed moral boosters, and ways that employees could move up to increase their earning potential besides the sales reps.

Beware - Strange Agents Ahead

I worked at Liturgical Publications (more than 5 years)

Pros

It's a job. Like most work environments, there are some great folks and many who have their own agenda.

Cons

A very creepy culture. Management looks the other way at lots of shenanigans. Sacrifices good employees who don't fit into the good ole boys club.

Clean up your act. Stop thinking that what you don't know about your managers won't hurt you. Stop blaming the economy and figure out how to sell more print ads. Don't keep throwing more money at the internet. Your clientele isn't interested in getting the 80 year old churchgoer to look at your website.

Thrown underneath the bus by bad economic assignments

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Liturgical Publications full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Nice people, of course, "ditto" ++ for nice people at the churches.

Cons

They deal the newer reps (when I was there), churches in economically challenged areas, where sometimes my decision would be to try to force the sale of an ad to a business that really, may not even be there in business anymore within the next 6 months or a year, or, to keep my job and hit the sales targets. I chose the high moral road.

Don't let sales management throw reps underneath the bus with this tactic. It is very transparent.

Not too Bad

Former Employee - Ad Sales
    Former Employee - Ad Sales

I worked at Liturgical Publications full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The people who work here are very nice and helpful. The company is growing which is very encouraging. The company is the leader in Church bulletins. No micro managing.

Cons

Fairness in church assignments. New reps generally work the smaller revenue churches and don't have a chance to earn a decent income. That has contributed to the high turnover rate. There seems to be a revolving door of reps in certain areas. Plus all reps are ranked together regardless of church size or area they work. Is it really fair to rank a rep who works 500 famliy and below churches with a rep who works 2000 family and above churches? no

Throw in some larger churches for the new reps. There will continue to be a high turnover rate in some markets and low weekly averages if reps are continually assigned churches with 150 families and others in the same area work all the churches with 2000+ families. The same reps who work the larger churches are the ones going on Presidents club trip every year. Smaller market reps have no chance of generating enough revenue to qualify.

Great Co-workers.

I worked at Liturgical Publications full-time

Pros

The position and it's requirements were easily understood. I felt the local management had the best interests of the company and employees in mind. The company really strives to live its values.

Cons

There was plenty of turnover during my time there.. The compensation for all but the top reps was not at an average level. The product and service itself is becoming less relevant

Give the local management more autonomy. Increase the base pay to keep your sales team intact.

A great and flexible place to work, with many great opportunities for growth.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Berlin, WI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Berlin, WI

I have been working at Liturgical Publications full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

LPi has great schedule flexibility for many positions as well as career growth opportunities and a fun / casual work environment.

Cons

There are very few if any cons to working for LPi. The only minor one is the slightly inflexible "use it or lose it" policy for vacation days — but that is made up for by the flexibility the organization and most managers have in general in regards to needing time off.

I'd like to see senior management continue to embrace and spread "Continuous Improvement" thinking in all areas — often times the worker bees have the best vantage point for removing friction from day–to–day processes.

Liturgical Publications Photos