Live Nation Entertainment Reviews

Reset
3.5
Live Nation Entertainment President, CEO, and Director Michael Rapino
Michael Rapino

Pros
  • Flex work environment, internal growth opportunities (in 12 reviews)

• You'll meet some great people here, many of whom have been at this location since its inception (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • The work-life balance is poor, especially if you have to work the concerts (in 6 reviews)

• I don't believe that the upper management was compensated enough for their positions (in 10 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Creatively driven, motivation, supportive

Current Employee - Graphic Designer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Graphic Designer in New York, NY

I have been working at Live Nation Entertainment full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Intimate creative setting, very supportive and approachable upper level staff with a hands-on attitude towards every aspect of company culture and projects. Highly collaborative, forward thinking. Staff maintains a culture of being creatively cutting edge and welcoming to fresh perspectives.

Cons

I can't think of anything negative to say about LN, working here is a dream, and I look forward to walking into the office every morning and bring welcomed by so many ambitious people.

2. Sous Chef

Current Employee - Sous Chef
    Current Employee - Sous Chef

I have been working at Live Nation Entertainment

Pros

great compnay, awesome benfits for employes and family, free concerts when you have a chance to go to them, friendly work environment.

Cons

other deparments you work with look out for themselfs, lots of emails, no really free time if on salary.

3. AGM

I have been working at Live Nation Entertainment full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Dynamic work environments leads to lots of self development, you will carry a lot of hats, company benefits are awesome.

Cons

Not a ton of resources are made available to you development, unless you make them happen for yourself.

Advice to Management

Invest in your human capital more to retain the higher performers to reduce the turnover.

5. Sales Manager - Special Events

Current Employee - Special Events Sales Manager, House of Blues in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Live Nation Entertainment

Pros

Great opportunities for advancement. Wonderful Health and benefits. Amazing vacation policies. Many perks as far as entertainment, concerts, etc.

Cons

Some of our bigger festivals in LV, or around the US, are not Live Nation.

Advice to Management

Greater communication needed (venue level). Greater communication and visibility from Senior Execs at corporate to venue. Better on-boarding processes for promoted employees. More visible quarterly updates on department (venue level) performances, and company wide budgets/standings.

6. Pretty....pretty....pretty cool job

I have been working at Live Nation Entertainment full-time

Pros

Great people. Pay isn't terrible. If you're full-time, you get benefits and paid days off. An overall great environment to work in.

Cons

A very fast paced environment with a lot to learn (depending on the position).

7. Great job, great company LYV + TM is magic

Current Employee - Documentation in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Documentation in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Live Nation Entertainment

Pros

We get to do great things for the entertainment industry and be involved with cutting edge research and development that will help to guide us in to the mobile ticketing future. I love Ticketmaster and everyone I work with on the daily.

Cons

You know, I used to hate Rapino after we (TM) merged with Live Nation. I had heard so many awful things about him in the rumor mill. But after listening to his quarterly calls, I have changed that opinion. He really cares about his employees health and well being. He expands on our health care at every opportunity, even giving us cash assistance for many programs. We get cell phones and laptops, not to mention the many perks of just being an employee. If someone has mounting medical bills, he pays them. If I have a question, I email him and he responds, going up the chain until an answer is found, if unknown to him. You can say anything awful about every workplace. Yeah, I work my butt off and my work life balance sucks a little but that isnt about Live Nation. This is a great company and I will probably work here for my entire life. There are endless opportunities for advancement and they pay us handsomely.

8. House of Blues

Current Employee - Operations Manager in North Myrtle Beach, SC
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in North Myrtle Beach, SC

I have been working at Live Nation Entertainment full-time

Pros

Love live music along with the fun aspect, this is a perfect job for me. Everyday we as managers are challenged to produce better than the last day, and I love a challenge. My GM respects me and my ideas and has allowed me to train all over the venue. Currently I manage the Music Hall, Restaurant and the Deck. I have also trained in the retail store. Looking forward to my next challenge.

Cons

I really do not have any cons. There is not a perfect job out there. However, in my 22 years of restaurant management this is by far my best job. We do work some long hours sometimes, but that comes with the territory. My new salary is not where I want to be financially, but I know with hard work and determination I will get there with this company.

9. Retail Supervisor

I have been working at Live Nation Entertainment

Pros

friendly work environment, good benefits, accepting of different cultures

Cons

upper management not team oriented

10. Generally good place to work

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Live Nation Entertainment full-time

Pros

Great benefits. Executives have a good focus on valuing employees and providing proper training for growth. Management is flexible and accomodating for the most part.

Cons

Culture can be aggressive at times, even within teams. High pressure to perform. Typical corporate politcs can be challenging to navigate. And while the diversity in the general workforce is excellent, minorities (including women) are underrepresented in executive leadership.

Advice to Management

Promote and reward the most qualified people, not just people who have been here the longest. And ensure that the culture within your team is positive as many teams have a very negative culture which can easily drive away positive/optimistic employees.

11. Very happy to be a LNE Employee!

Current Employee - Marketing Services Specialist in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Marketing Services Specialist in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Live Nation Entertainment

Pros

Great benefits & perks - they really take good care of their employees!

Cons

Being such a large company, sometimes communication isn't always clear to all departments.

RSS Feed </> Embed