Live Nation Entertainment

197 reviews filtered by
3.4
Live Nation Entertainment President, CEO, and Director Michael Rapino
Michael Rapino

Pros
  • Flex work environment, internal growth opportunities (in 12 reviews)

• You'll meet some great people here, many of whom have been at this location since its inception (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • The work-life balance is poor, especially if you have to work the concerts (in 6 reviews)

• I don't believe that the upper management was compensated enough for their positions (in 10 reviews)

1. Database Administrator

I have been working at Live Nation Entertainment

Pros

Discounted ticket prices for employees, swag on unsold concert shirts, but it's becoming less every year.

Cons

Salary and compensation is average or below average.

More like Barely Clinging onto Life Nation Paranoia

Former Contractor - Senior Financial Analyst in Hollywood, CA
    Former Contractor - Senior Financial Analyst in Hollywood, CA

I worked at Live Nation Entertainment as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

- You can tell friends you work in Hollywood (even though in reality Hollywood is a disgusting city).

Cons

- Terrible managers in the eCommerce department. Managers are lazy and come in late all the time and their excuse is that it's an "entertainment" company. They also bully each other and play mind games with employees.
    - They keep employees in the dark about company structure so they wont move up in the corporate ladder.
    - High turnover ratio. Almost every employee I spoke to was relatively new.
    - Paranoid office environment. Employees are always worried about being fired.
    - Depressing office environment. Not as entertaining or fun as you'd expect it to be.
    - Parking sucks and traffic is terrible.

Advice to Management

Stop being lazy and come to work on time. Spend some of that money and update your ERP systems so employees can actually be more effective.

Too tolerant of bad managers and don't care much about the employees

Former Employee - Finance Director in Hollywood, CA
    Former Employee - Finance Director in Hollywood, CA

I worked at Live Nation Entertainment full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Location in Hollywood was great for me. Can be a young hip environment in some areas. Big on holiday parties. Physical environment was ok.

Cons

I had the manager from hell. All other finance areas were OK except ours. Leadership didn't care that we were living a daily nightmare. HR was useless as expected. Company benefits were generally subpar. Leadership seemed to be unsure and inconsistent at best. Couldn't even get breaks on tickets. No opportunities for growth, no training, no work/life balance.

Advice to Management

Put money where your mouth is to treat employees better and you will get more out of them. Have HR at least pretend that they care about the employees and their working conditions. Get rid of bad managers faster when it comes to the attention of management.

5. Sinking Ship

Current Employee - Cloud Systems Administrator in Hollywood, CA
    Current Employee - Cloud Systems Administrator in Hollywood, CA

I have been working at Live Nation Entertainment full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

makes a lot of money

Cons

Won't spend it where it is needed

Advice to Management

Spend it where it is needed

A bunch of idiots running this company.

Current Employee - Director of Sponsorship Sales in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Director of Sponsorship Sales in New York, NY

I have been working at Live Nation Entertainment full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Looks good on your resume.

Cons

Upper management runs things based on their egos and have no clue how to run a profitable business. They will be out of business within 5 years.

Advice to Management

Put your egos aside and hire people who actually know what they are doing.

Work and No Life

Current Employee - Software Developer in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Live Nation Entertainment full-time (More than a year)

Pros

FREE COFEE and WATER in break rooms if you are lucky

Cons

No lunch breaks, No holidays, Work from 8 am - 12 AM and weekends, No recognition of hard work, Don't join as software developer as you have to (Design/ Dev / Testing / Support(weekends too) / deployment ) in 1 and half week and if you are slow or left one bug they all will come to you with all guns loaded. Better be on the other side that being software dev. Join any-other software company where your life is given more priority than work. I suffered and impacted my heath don't want anyone to follow the same steps. I like software development, but the way the software dev is treated in this company is miserable.

Advice to Management

See the people at the lower end who are doing actual work and not just the management

A toxic work enviroment

Former Employee - DOS in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - DOS in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Live Nation Entertainment full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

A good place to work if you do not have or want a live of your own

Cons

The harder you work, the more they take advantage of you

Advice to Management

Get off your high horse

Worst company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Live Nation Entertainment full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

received a paycheck and benefits

Cons

I am not really sure where to begin... This company is so poorly run from the top down, it is no wonder they still have not been profitable. They do not keep promises and love to throw grenades over the wall and have their teams scurry around like rats attempting to satisfy whatever fire drill is in the hopper for the moment. Then they will wonder why something isn't executed well and blame the people at the bottom when the reality is that upper management doesn't have the cajones to stand up to Rapino and tell him his idea is moronic.

Advice to Management

How about learning to actually make educated and productive decisions.

Update to my Dec. 17, 2009 review

Former Employee - Something to Do With Product Management in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Something to Do With Product Management in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Live Nation Entertainment full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You get a paycheck and benefits.

Cons

I am not one to disrespect former employers: in my 20+ years in the corporate world, I've never said "I hated that place!"

Why?

Because I've learned something useful (or a lot of "something useful") at every single company I've worked at.

Yes, even the bad ones.

Well, you know what? Here's a first:

I absolutely hated working at this company.

Given this, take the below into account before you decide to pursue a position at Live Nation:

THE PEOPLE:
    Sure, there were (and still are) some good, intelligent, well-meaning people there. Some of these folks are even a pleasure to work with! But they are outnumbered by the clueless, egotistical jerks working their way up the ladder as well as those (supposedly) running the place (into the ground?).

THE MANAGEMENT:
    Live Nation gets one star because I did get paid a salary and benefits. But the management team was _the worst_ I've worked for EVER, from my two direct managers on up to Rapino (the guy acted like he was doing us all a favor on the quarterly all-hands calls, and when he didn't like questions the employees were asking, he'd let them know in a very snide way; clearly, this guy and the rest of his lieutenants do not get that the front-line employees are your company and revenue stream's life's blood and are the ones building for the future AND serving your customers. Simply put: they were -- and I suspect still are -- CLUELESS.)

I've been gone from this place for a few years now and I see in the business news when quarterly earnings come out that they STILL have not turned a profit!

WORK-LIFE BALANCE:
    What about work-life-balance? Forget about it! I hope you're single without a family, because you won't have much time for family life. You will be checking your company-issued Blackberry (or maybe they give out iPhones now?) at all hours of the day and night waiting for the next disaster to arrive that you'll have to deal with due to how operationally immature this company is. The management expects you to work ungodly hours to complete projects. A former colleague of mine (who I actually really respect) recently posted on Facebook about working 7-day weeks for a few weeks to complete a project -- so glad I am not there anymore.

TL;DR (KEY TAKEAWAY): It may seem sexy on the outside to work at Live Nation, and I am HUGE music fan, but trust me: if you are hell-bent on working the music industry, DO SOMETHING ELSE rather than work here! This place almost killed my love of music due to all the B.S. that went down while I was there....

Look, if Irving Azoff left the company, what does that tell you?

Advice to Management

Make a plan for profitability and stick to it.

Not a great experience

Former Employee - Sponsorship Coordinator
    Former Employee - Sponsorship Coordinator

I worked at Live Nation Entertainment full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Going to concerts, resume builder

Cons

High high stress, lack of communication and teamwork among departments and employees, little pay for the amount of responsibility

Advice to Management

Realize the value of your Sponsorship Coordinators and pay them accordingly. Promote teamwork through out company.

Live Nation Entertainment Photos