Live Nation Entertainment

Live Nation Entertainment Reviews

Updated Jul 27, 2014

Live Nation Entertainment President, CEO, and Director Mike Rapino

Mike Rapino

Pros
  • Flex work environment, internal growth opportunities (in 10 reviews)

• Great People with Great ideas working to improve the industry and the fan experience (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management runs things based on their egos and have no clue how to run a profitable business (in 8 reviews)

• It's very difficult to have a work/life balance as working here will require long days that exend into weekends, especially during the concert season (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Great environment!

Associate Director of Sales (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsPeople are all amazing and creative. Great place to get started with lots of potential to grow.

ConsWith such a large corporation, it is sometimes difficult to get responses from coworkers in other cities.

Live Nation

ProsEmployees are extremely passionate and committed to what they do

ConsThere is no work/life balance.

Challenging

ProsHaving to run your own business offers lessons you may never have had otherwise.

ConsAlthough you work for a big company, you're really working alone essentially in this position/organization. Live Nation seems to build and encourage silos vs. a cooperative collective team working for the betterment of the company as a whole.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider offering pay increases and encourage teamwork within the teams and divisions.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Chauvinistic Company

Marketing (Former Employee) Detroit, MI

ProsThe only pros I can say about my four years working at Live Nation? It looks really great on my resume. Oh, and you start to realize everything you DO NOT WANT from a job or a boss. Another perk was the casual dress code (but from my experiences since I left Live Nation, I found most marketing companies do this now), and the top of the list of perks? Free concerts and shows.

ConsChauvinistic, sexist, and unless you're a male that went to a particular university, don't expect any raises. You have to ASK for raises, beg for raises. Very little employee recognition. Don't expect to learn anything that'll help you in your future career. My boss, in particular, was a micro-manager, and never had the gull to say anything without sounding sarcastic. You want to feel like a worthless piece of crap? Go work for him! He never had the courage to fire people, either. He had random other co-workers in the office do it. Also, the extremely OLD technology! My computer was over 7 years old, and I had to replace it multiple times with unused desktops laying around the office. Absolutely NO benefits unless you're full-time, which I fell just short of 10 hours. They did not want to give me full-time because they did not want to give me benefits.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive employees more recognition for the work they do. Happy employees actually want to do a good job and work for you.

Software Engineer

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Scottsdale, AZ

ProsLaid back atmosphere, nice people, interesting work

ConsPay range is under industry average

Sinking Ship

Cloud Systems Administrator (Current Employee) Hollywood, CA

Prosmakes a lot of money

ConsWon't spend it where it is needed

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend it where it is needed

A bunch of idiots running this company.

Director of Sponsorship Sales (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsLooks good on your resume.

ConsUpper management runs things based on their egos and have no clue how to run a profitable business. They will be out of business within 5 years.

Advice to Senior ManagementPut your egos aside and hire people who actually know what they are doing.

Live Nation Southern California

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsLive Nation had an amazing and motivated team of people who truly care about and love the music industry.

ConsAlthough it may seem like a huge company, a lot of the local and international level positions are filled by veterans who have no intention or reason to go elsewhere. This means that there is little room for growth within the company in many different departments.

Work and No Life

Software Developer (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsFREE COFEE and WATER in break rooms if you are lucky

ConsNo lunch breaks, No holidays, Work from 8 am - 12 AM and weekends, No recognition of hard work, Don't join as software developer as you have to (Design/ Dev / Testing / Support(weekends too) / deployment ) in 1 and half week and if you are slow or left one bug they all will come to you with all guns loaded. Better be on the other side that being software dev. Join any-other software company where your life is given more priority than work. I suffered and impacted my heath don't want anyone to follow the same steps. I like software development, but the way the software dev is treated in this company is miserable.

Advice to Senior ManagementSee the people at the lower end who are doing actual work and not just the management

Good people; mediocre management

Intern (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsSense of camaraderie amongst employees - good people who love music
    Nice office space
    Snack drawer!

ConsOld equipment - printers and computers often breaking down
    A lot of turnover - entire departments seem to be coming and going

Advice to Senior ManagementWork toward employee retention - better salary and benefits would be a start.

Worked for Live Nation Entertainment? Contribute to the Community!