Live Nation Entertainment

Updated December 12, 2014
3.2

Live Nation Entertainment President, CEO, and Director Michael Rapino
Michael Rapino

Pros
  • Flex work environment, internal growth opportunities (in 12 reviews)

• You'll meet some great people here, many of whom have been at this location since its inception (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • The work-life balance is poor, especially if you have to work the concerts (in 6 reviews)

• I don't believe that the upper management was compensated enough for their positions (in 10 reviews)

More Highlights

Sponsorship/Sales Intern

Current Employee - Sponsorship Intern in Hollywood, CA
    Current Employee - Sponsorship Intern in Hollywood, CA

I have been working at Live Nation Entertainment as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Keeping in mind that each department and team dynamic varies, my personal experience at the company has been great. Things I have enjoyed include:
    - Relaxed Environment with no micromanaging
    - Variety of tasks to learn. Bosses are quick to have you do work that matters and actually impacts the business, not just menial labor or busy work
    - Super flexible with scheduling for interns
    - A more culture-savvy and trendy work environment in the Sales department (since these are the guys that need to know which brands will sell and what people want to buy).

Cons

- No pay for interns is probably the biggest concern, but it IS the Music Industry so it's to be expected
    - Free tickets are presented as a perk, but in reality they are near-impossible to get since you can only get tickets to shows at venues that LN owns (3 in my area) to shows that aren't sold out (aka the shows you actually want to go to are probably off the list)

Great environment!

Current Employee - Associate Director of Sales in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Associate Director of Sales in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Live Nation Entertainment full-time (less than an year)

Pros

People are all amazing and creative. Great place to get started with lots of potential to grow.

Cons

With such a large corporation, it is sometimes difficult to get responses from coworkers in other cities.

Live Nation

I have been working at Live Nation Entertainment full-time

Pros

Employees are extremely passionate and committed to what they do

Cons

There is no work/life balance.

Software Engineer

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Live Nation Entertainment full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Laid back atmosphere, nice people, interesting work

Cons

Pay range is under industry average

Sinking Ship

Current Employee - Cloud Systems Administrator in Hollywood, CA
    Current Employee - Cloud Systems Administrator in Hollywood, CA

I have been working at Live Nation Entertainment full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

makes a lot of money

Cons

Won't spend it where it is needed

Spend it where it is needed

A bunch of idiots running this company.

Current Employee - Director of Sponsorship Sales in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Director of Sponsorship Sales in New York, NY

I have been working at Live Nation Entertainment full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Looks good on your resume.

Cons

Upper management runs things based on their egos and have no clue how to run a profitable business. They will be out of business within 5 years.

Put your egos aside and hire people who actually know what they are doing.

Work and No Life

Current Employee - Software Developer in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Live Nation Entertainment full-time (more than an year)

Pros

FREE COFEE and WATER in break rooms if you are lucky

Cons

No lunch breaks, No holidays, Work from 8 am - 12 AM and weekends, No recognition of hard work, Don't join as software developer as you have to (Design/ Dev / Testing / Support(weekends too) / deployment ) in 1 and half week and if you are slow or left one bug they all will come to you with all guns loaded. Better be on the other side that being software dev. Join any-other software company where your life is given more priority than work. I suffered and impacted my heath don't want anyone to follow the same steps. I like software development, but the way the software dev is treated in this company is miserable.

See the people at the lower end who are doing actual work and not just the management

Chauvinistic Company

Former Employee - Marketing in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Marketing in Detroit, MI

I worked at Live Nation Entertainment full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The only pros I can say about my four years working at Live Nation? It looks really great on my resume. Oh, and you start to realize everything you DO NOT WANT from a job or a boss. Another perk was the casual dress code (but from my experiences since I left Live Nation, I found most marketing companies do this now), and the top of the list of perks? Free concerts and shows.

Cons

Chauvinistic, sexist, and unless you're a male that went to a particular university, don't expect any raises. You have to ASK for raises, beg for raises. Very little employee recognition. Don't expect to learn anything that'll help you in your future career. My boss, in particular, was a micro-manager, and never had the gull to say anything without sounding sarcastic. You want to feel like a worthless piece of crap? Go work for him! He never had the courage to fire people, either. He had random other co-workers in the office do it. Also, the extremely OLD technology! My computer was over 7 years old, and I had to replace it multiple times with unused desktops laying around the office. Absolutely NO benefits unless you're full-time, which I fell just short of 10 hours. They did not want to give me full-time because they did not want to give me benefits.

Give employees more recognition for the work they do. Happy employees actually want to do a good job and work for you.

Challenging

I have been working at Live Nation Entertainment full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Having to run your own business offers lessons you may never have had otherwise.

Cons

Although you work for a big company, you're really working alone essentially in this position/organization. Live Nation seems to build and encourage silos vs. a cooperative collective team working for the betterment of the company as a whole.

Consider offering pay increases and encourage teamwork within the teams and divisions.

Live Nation Southern California

I worked at Live Nation Entertainment

Pros

Live Nation had an amazing and motivated team of people who truly care about and love the music industry.

Cons

Although it may seem like a huge company, a lot of the local and international level positions are filled by veterans who have no intention or reason to go elsewhere. This means that there is little room for growth within the company in many different departments.

Live Nation Entertainment Photos