LiveCareer

Updated February 23, 2015
4.5

Doug Jackson & Jamie Freundlich

1. Featured Review

Favorite Place I Have Ever Worked!

I have been working at LiveCareer full-time (less than a year)

Pros

This is hands-down my favorite place I've ever worked, and I've worked for some cool companies.
    - Awesome team, co-workers, & boss
    - Challenging work
    - My voice is heard. I feel like I have a purpose and can make a difference
    - Rewarding
    - My hard work is noticed
    - Awesome benefits
    - Great work / life balance

Cons

We're a growing company, so the teams can feel a bit lean. I think we just need to continue to hire some rock stars and expand our team to help ease workload.

Continue rewarding hard work and keep up the great work.

LiveCareer Response

Jan 27, 2015Manager, Talent Acquisition

We're so glad you find your work here rewarding and enjoyable! Thanks for sharing your experiences.

Rewarding place to work!

I have been working at LiveCareer

Pros

Working for LiveCareer has been a rewarding experience! I highly recommend LC as an employer. I love the company and especially the people. The company treats their employees really well and leadership genuinely cares about them and their well being as people not just employees. The work is rewarding and fun and the work/life balance is unbeatable. They offer a flexible work schedule and the company just announced Unlimited Paid Vacation. They also pay for 100% of employees health benefits.

This is a great company to be a part of. The people that work at LC care about the company. And on top of that LC is succeeding/highly profitable. Love working here!

Cons

The company is growing like crazy. We are maxing out on space but they have acquired the floor beneath us to expand and the work is in progress.

Avoid Working Here!

I have been working at LiveCareer

Pros

Good Benefits- healthcare, dental, and vision fully paid for
    Remodeled Office
    AnyPerks

Cons

-Don't believe the positive reviews on Glassdoor- they ask current employees to write reviews to remove the negative comments from showing up first in search.
    -Located right on the border of the Tenderloin- many sketchy individuals right outside the office door.
    -Things change without clear communication.
    -Implementation from start to finish takes longer than it should
    -Instead of Innovating, they constantly copy their competitors or other SaaS companies
    -Micromanaging Co-Workers
    -Lots of legacy employees
    -Prefer sticking to how things worked in the past as opposed to innovating and thinking outside the box
    -Plan for nighttime calls to sync up with the overseas engineering team in India
    -Lots of back and forth between the teams in NY/SF with Engineering team in India

A disorganized dinosaur

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at LiveCareer full-time (more than a year)

Pros

- Some people are excellent at their jobs.
    - Focused work environment with an opportunity to make an impact.

Cons

- Different parts of the company are not aligned. Each person in management has "pet" projects that pull teams in competing directions.
    - Things change without clear communication.
    - People are fired without communicating to the remaining people the reasons. Leaving us to wonder why...
    - Promises are not kept.
    - The office is too small for the number of people without a clear timeline to fix the problem.

- Stop arbitrarily changing company policies.
    - Put the employees first.
    - Innovate, don't just copy competitors.

They're trying!

I worked at LiveCareer full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Makes tons of money! Decent bro culture!

Cons

Lots of legacy employees. No the most rewarding business model.

Get ride of people who aren't willing to change old processes from the first .Com era!

LiveCareer Response

Jan 27, 2015Manager, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback. 2015 will be exciting at LiveCareer. You'll see operational improvements that will help keep us moving forward and growing.

Great!

I have been working at LiveCareer

Pros

Excellent team environment where collaboration is embraced by all employees.

Cons

Senior Management is sometimes misaligned with the ideas they present during meetings.

Get advice from lower level managers about where to take the direction of the company.

Extremely rewarding internship experience

Current Intern - Intern in San Francisco, CA
    Current Intern - Intern in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at LiveCareer as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

The people that work here are awesome! All the people I interact with here on a daily basis are such friendly and easygoing people. I've never had so much fun at work! The great people make up only one aspect of the chill company culture. LiveCareer wants people to be comfortable and happy at work (check out the stocked kitchen!). Everyone has a great work-life balance as well. People get their work done (and produce amazing work) but never seem to take themselves too seriously.

I've been given a lot of ownership on some awesome projects as an intern. Never once have I been given plain busy work -- all of my intern projects have directly influenced the website or company in some way, making my time here feel really valuable.

Cons

The building is old and could use a little revamping but it's not enough of an issue to dampen my time here. The building's great location makes up for it -- it's right across from the Westfield Mall with plenty of shops and restaurants for lunch break entertainment.

I have had no issues with management! I thoroughly enjoyed working with and getting to know all the upper management I interacted with.

Great Place to Work At

I have been working at LiveCareer full-time

Pros

Tons of projects going on, there's always something to be worked at. Getting to the office is easy and there are plenty of food options. Free lunch Fridays, happy hours, and random events are always fun. Also doesn't hurt that I really enjoy working with my team.

Cons

More vacation days are always a plus. Plan for nighttime calls to sync up with the overseas engineering team. Work events can start late, it would be ideal if we could get them started earlier.

Good people, good atmosphere, good opportunity.

I have been working at LiveCareer full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I work with smart, fun people in a casual atmosphere in the heart of downtown San Francisco. It's busy and fast-paced, but not overwhelming so--pretty good work-life balance for most folks here, it seems. There's flexibility for people to work remotely sometimes, etc. Start-up type environment, a lot of room to grow & help define the company's direction. Salaries & benefits are competitive. We have company events that are actually fun. As an SF resident, this is my first Bay Area job where I didn't have to commute to the South or East Bay, which is sweet.

Cons

The building itself is kind of funky & old, and the elevators need some attending to. Communication with overseas offices sometimes is tricky & at odd hours.

Exciting and challenging environment with excellent leadership.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at LiveCareer full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Quality of work, learning from knowledgable industry leaders.

Cons

I'm really enjoying my time at LiveCareer.

Keep up the good work.