LiveOps

Be The First To
Add Photos

LiveOps President, CEO and Director Marty Beard

Marty Beard

Pros:
  • "Most employees can work from home Fridays"
    in 42 reviews
  • "Nice office, nice employees, bagels provided for breakfast, pizza Fridays, flexible schedule"
    in 8 reviews
Cons:
  • "On top of that it is super hard to get hours and if you do then you are often sitting with no call volume"
    in 8 reviews
  • "25 per minute of talk time which is riduculous"
    in 7 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Senior Software Engineer

Senior Application Engineer (Former Employee)
    Santa Clara, CA

Pros- Cool people
    - Great engineers
    - Good Technology
    - Fun environment

ConsGrowing company syndrome where it's not totally organized (documentation, have to figure out system architecture, design, technology by yourself because people left or did not have time to update/produce documentation

Advice to Senior ManagementOn the right track, keep current people happy, cloud is getting bigger and bigger.

Wonderful

Program Specialist (Former Employee)
    Redwood City, CA

ProsCompany is making a difference for independent contractors and other cloud technology markets.

ConsLower management needs more guidance in the company's strategic goal and how to go about accomplishing it.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrained lower management to know how to handle and meet the company's strategic goals.

Lots of potential, hard to succeed

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsInteresting opportunities in the market. Contact center is changing. LiveOps has a proven set of technologies and people. Opportunities for growth if you can make an impact.

ConsUnclear strategy from the top. Management team all seems like ex-Sybase people now. CEO lives in another city. Trying to succeed in too many things at the same time. Lots of people leaving, lots of people coming in.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus. Reward people who actually perform. Better accountability for senior staff. Get in touch with actual customers.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Unethical procedures

Independent Agent (Former Employee)

ProsYou will get paid for your work. You make your own hours and the schedule requirements are flexible.

ConsLiveops is not a reliable "job." They are intended to use as additional income only. They will terminate your contract and never give you proof as to why. They terminated my contract once because they claim I never renewed my contract, which was a lie. They also claimed that I committed a violation that NEVER happened. This company will flat out make up reasons to terminate your contract and never respond to your messages or concerns. My experience with them was the most ridiculous work-related situation I have ever encountered. My advice is: If you work for them, make all the money you can, but NEVER get too comfortable and always keep other jobs or sources of income. You can't build a solid house on a shaky foundation.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave a conscious. Start doing the right thing. Do not terminate an agent's contract without providing proof of wrong doing. Have better communication where you can actually speak to a human instead of emails that do not get responded to.

Great company-

ProsManagement that doesn't help employees, turns people away when looking for assistance. If you ask questions, the management wont help. When questioned about needing work, there is no trust.

ConsGreat concept, but does not listen to ideas that will help improve the company.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Horrible Business

LiveOps Contractor (Former Employee)
    San Antonio, TX

ProsNone. They are the worst place to contract ever.

ConsThey will boot you for no reason and never give proof.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet it together. Prove why you are dismissing contractors and give them an opportunity to correct whatever you are dismissing them for. Or at least answer their post boxes when they ask why they were termed.

I love working at Live Ops.

Work At Home Agents (Current Employee)
    Charlotte, NC

ProsI get to work at home...no gas or drama!

ConsIf the economy were better, sales would be higher.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote from within.

Great place to work for

Independent Agent (Current Employee)
    Washington, IL

ProsYou make your own income.

ConsIts harder to start out.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou do a great job

Love It

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)
    Dallas, TX

ProsIt allows me to work at home, with a flexible schedule.
    The pay is good if you get calls for the whole 30 minutes you work.

ConsThe schedules allow 30 minute increments, and is hard to get if you're not on the scheduler by a certain time each week.
    You have to upsell many many products for each call.
    You are paid per minute on calls, not per hour of work time.

Work at Home- Look No Further...LiveOps is an Excellent Choice. Very Flexible, With Room to Grow!!

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)
    West Pittsburg, PA

ProsI Love this company and the freedom. I have been with this company for about 3 years. I began with sales. It was pay with commision. I advanced to a different customer service position (another client). I have been offered another line now, which is also customer service. All together I have sales and customer service lines that I can work (choose from), and I schedule myself in 30 minute increments..The pay is very good, especially compared to other work at home companies. The training is mostly done on your own, but there are also training conferences, and conferences to stay up-to-date on the material. I paid for a background/credit check when I started. I have an Associates Degree and Medical Billing Degree. Bonus pay is often offered, as well as great contests. I love the freedom to choose my own schedule! Job security is pretty good. According to my experience, LiveOps will recognize your dedication & performance, and allows you to Advance from within! I have worked at other work at home companies and have not found them to be as wonderful as LiveOps. The management team at LiveOps (that I have dealt with), has been extremely professional and easy to communicate with. Liveops will give you the tools and a position, then it is up to you how you handle and succeed at that position (as a contractor). I love the amount of opportunities here! This is a company that you can grow your home business with!

ConsThey do not hire in NY and possibly Vermont..

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the Good Work!!

Worked for LiveOps? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at LiveOps reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for LiveOps CEO Marty Beard . All 147 reviews posted anonymously by LiveOps employees.