LiveOps Reviews

Updated October 18, 2014
Updated October 18, 2014
3.6

Vasili Triant

Pros
  • Work from home -- no commuting or having to shop for clothes for your work attire (in 60 reviews)

• The ability to have a flexible schedule and to work remote are a huge plus when you have a family at home (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Otherwise you will suffer by getting very low call volume and make very little money (in 14 reviews)

• Things are extremely fast paced because of that it can be hard to get that work/life balance that people need to be successful (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

good work at home company

Former Employee - LiveOps Contractor in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - LiveOps Contractor in San Diego, CA

I worked at LiveOps as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Its great to have the flexibility of making your own hours, there are decent income opportunities if you put in enough time, it can be worth it. New Management is making a lot of positive changes

Cons

Can't really control the calls that come your way. So you make money when the phone rings, but you don't if there aren't enough calls coming in. They need to change the metric pay system so that it is more fair.

none

Great company not only turning itself around but leap frogging!

Current Employee - Manager in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at LiveOps full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The company has overnight transformed itself back into what made it great - employees & customers being #1. The shift from the past CEO(and his band of merry men), who almost destroyed the company, to the new Executive Team has been a complete 180 and nothing short of amazing. The future looks bright and I am excited to see the results of what we are doing. The balance of work and life has started and the company's core values are starting to be lived day to day.

Cons

Many people get confused if LiveOps is an BPO of a Saas company, whereas it is a Customer Service & Sales solutions business.

Drive the vision more aggressively, continue with the changes and direction, and leave the past regime to destroy another company!

Great Company

I have been working at LiveOps full-time

Pros

Caring Management and great work environment makes LiveOps a great employment choice. LiveOps will help you grow as an individual.

Cons

LiveOps is not a giant company so in some roles you may not have 24 hour mentoring to help get up to speed.

Keep doing what you are doing!

Independent Contractor

Current Employee - Call Center Agent in Gallup, NM
    Current Employee - Call Center Agent in Gallup, NM

I have been working at LiveOps part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You can work your own hours, you are in control of your time.

Cons

You may not be able to control how much call volume goes your way.

They are amazing.

It's a job

Former Employee - Independent Agent

I worked at LiveOps (more than an year)

Pros

It's work from home, so you don't have to worry about spending gas money or traffic. You can manage your own schedule and decide when to work. Payout is very simple.

Cons

The work gets extremely annoying and mind-numbing very quickly. Call volume is not always consistent, and pay was done $0.25 per talk minute when I worked so pay can fluctuate and not always be reliable. Customers can get irritated with the call script and up sells very easily. There are several up sells you HAVE to offer. Your call can be audited and failure to offer them can end your contract. The scripts are not always complete with information. You can be asked questions that are reasonable but you literally don't have the answer to which can further put the caller in a bad mood.

Allow reinstatement for terminated contracts.

Worked 3 years in Pizza Hut Program

Former Employee - Independent Agent

I worked at LiveOps part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

-Training for my position was straightforward
    -Scheduling your own hours was great for a college schedule

Cons

-Company consistently changed the way sales metrics were measured (often with negative side-effects)
    -->For example, I was a 5 star agent until they changed the system the last time, and I become a 2 star agent. I could not recover my stats enough because they made all the metrics count from the start of your time with LiveOps which is ridiculous
    -If you had to transfer a call (like you were told to do in many cases), it was counted against your stats. You were basically penalized for doing the right thing.
    -Compensation was decent, but the variability of sales really made it unreliable as a sustainable job. Hourly or salary positions are so much better than this.

Come up with a better way to track agent metrics. The current system made me leave, and I don't ever plan on coming back.

Good company, great culture, uncertain about their future.....

I worked at LiveOps full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Wonderful people and great culture! small enough that you get to know everyone in the company if you want. Real team spirit at work. Things are extremely fast paced.

Cons

Things are extremely fast paced because of that it can be hard to get that work/life balance that people need to be successful. Unfortunately there poor communication throughout the company.

Allow your employees to have a work/life balance.
    Create transparency in your communication with all of your employees.
    Find strong leaders that can move the company forward while growing revenue and retain quality employees.

Awesome Opportunity

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at LiveOps full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Work from home, schedule and work as much as you want to or as little as you need to, training is available on a wide variety of products and management is great as well.

Cons

Need a quiet office space, no benefits aside from working from home which is a huge plus when you can work from home so it is so flexible. The compensation is slow to begin with but with all of the incentives you make up for it..

None at all

Work from home

I have been working at LiveOps part-time

Pros

Been with them for over 5 yrs, just as a part time. If you commit you can make this a regular money making

Cons

NO CONS, THE ONLY THING IS THAT PAY YOU GET PAID BY TALK TIME

The best work at home place to work!!!

Current Employee - At Home Based Phone Representative in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - At Home Based Phone Representative in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at LiveOps as a contractor (more than 8 years)

Pros

The company offers unlimited income with opportunity to make money on several line groups. 24/7 flexibility, and no taxes taken out of your checks!

Cons

The only downside is the company strictly operates based on conversion and performance. You have to be a sale maker and not just a call taker. Otherwise you will suffer by getting very low call volume and make very little money.

Even though we are the peons in the company, we are still hard workers and we are human. Offer increased per minute rates and special bonuses. It helps us and makes us feel appreciated. We have families to take care of. Give us a shift premium for slow lines for dedicated agents. We dont want to sit on the phones all day and make very little money.

LiveOps Photos

We built a new engineering rec room, including MAME (Multi Arcade Machine Emulator); many a disagreement is settled with Street Fighter
No rec room is complete without XBox One, Apple TV, and plenty of couch space