LiveOps Reviews

Updated October 23, 2014
Updated October 23, 2014
3.6

Vasili Triant

Pros
  • Work from home -- no commuting or having to shop for clothes for your work attire (in 61 reviews)

• The ability to have a flexible schedule and to work remote are a huge plus when you have a family at home (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Otherwise you will suffer by getting very low call volume and make very little money (in 15 reviews)

• Things are extremely fast paced because of that it can be hard to get that work/life balance that people need to be successful (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

A great place to make an impact and affect change

I have been working at LiveOps full-time

Pros

LiveOps is a growing and evolving company that has been around for 13-years. Sounds weird to describe it as growing and evolving after so much time but it still is. Regimes of management have changed and alternated the direction and focus of the company over time. The new CEO, Vasili Triant, is about uniting both parts of the business - the BPO and the SaaS side - and bringing us together as one LiveOps. One culture. One goal. It's great. There is a lot of opportunity to affect change here and help the company get better and better.

Cons

LiveOps has a great product but has lacked focus and execution over the past few years. There hasn't been a lot of structure around critical functions such as Product Management and Engineering. The teams have been left to forge for themselves as the previous culture bread a lack of accountability and responsibility. All of that is changing for the better but that change takes time. It's not easy to change a company's culture but I believe the current leadership team has the right ideas and paths forward outlined. Now it's time to execute.

good work at home company

Former Employee - LiveOps Contractor in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - LiveOps Contractor in San Diego, CA

I worked at LiveOps as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Its great to have the flexibility of making your own hours, there are decent income opportunities if you put in enough time, it can be worth it. New Management is making a lot of positive changes

Cons

Can't really control the calls that come your way. So you make money when the phone rings, but you don't if there aren't enough calls coming in. They need to change the metric pay system so that it is more fair.

none

Great company not only turning itself around but leap frogging!

Current Employee - Manager in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at LiveOps full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The company has overnight transformed itself back into what made it great - employees & customers being #1. The shift from the past CEO(and his band of merry men), who almost destroyed the company, to the new Executive Team has been a complete 180 and nothing short of amazing. The future looks bright and I am excited to see the results of what we are doing. The balance of work and life has started and the company's core values are starting to be lived day to day.

Cons

Many people get confused if LiveOps is an BPO of a Saas company, whereas it is a Customer Service & Sales solutions business.

Drive the vision more aggressively, continue with the changes and direction, and leave the past regime to destroy another company!

Great Company

I have been working at LiveOps full-time

Pros

Caring Management and great work environment makes LiveOps a great employment choice. LiveOps will help you grow as an individual.

Cons

LiveOps is not a giant company so in some roles you may not have 24 hour mentoring to help get up to speed.

Keep doing what you are doing!

Lots of turmoil/Metrics unclear

Former Employee - Independent Agent

I worked at LiveOps full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Until I was unfairly terminated, I loved working with LiveOps, even with all the problems (and there are many!). I was grateful to be home and grateful to be paid in a fairly decent manner. If the router is benign, I could make $22/hour. I did not have too many bad days at the LiveOps. Pay was always on time and for me always rising. Advice: Work hard and express no opinions. Be mindful of the contract. No matter what they tell u in a PB (their email) from Community Services, your default action should be "does this follow the contract" and/or "does this follow my good conscience".

Cons

Support can be sporadic. Sometimes support is great and beneficial and at other times it is bad. So bad that it can cost you the contract. The new metric system that they have going is not the greatest. At least, they've not explained it well enough so that ic's do not make errors implementing same. U could go for months making a mistake and get no meaningful feedback about the mistake or letting u know that u were making the at all. In my case, this created a false sense of security in terms of what I was doing to keep up with the new metrics. Under the new metrics, it counts against u when somebody calls in for information and u don't convert the call into a sale. This was fine under the old metrics as it did not affect u'r performance overall and u had up to 30 minutes to convert the call to a sale without getting a Compliance Event (demerit). Under the new metrics, forget about it. If a product came in with enough callers asking to pay just $14.95 for it and no more, u were in trouble if that informercial was being routed to your business line.

Go back to the old metrics, or do not penalize agents for trying to follow the new ones. The effect of the new metrics is that callers are being rushed off and invariably this does not bode well for our less adept citizens. The agents are put in a hard place because they have to mindful of the new metrics and their contract at the same time. It is a very sad change these new metrics. Still I have to say that I had a good run. I am sorry I fell in the trap of following the new metrics and not being myself and not worry about the metrics at all. If anything, training on this issue would be helpful so that the agents can know the boundaries.

Good Team Work

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at LiveOps full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good Team work,Flexible work hours, WFH culture.

Cons

Changed tech direction too often

Stay focus !!

It's a job

Former Employee - Independent Agent

I worked at LiveOps (more than an year)

Pros

It's work from home, so you don't have to worry about spending gas money or traffic. You can manage your own schedule and decide when to work. Payout is very simple.

Cons

The work gets extremely annoying and mind-numbing very quickly. Call volume is not always consistent, and pay was done $0.25 per talk minute when I worked so pay can fluctuate and not always be reliable. Customers can get irritated with the call script and up sells very easily. There are several up sells you HAVE to offer. Your call can be audited and failure to offer them can end your contract. The scripts are not always complete with information. You can be asked questions that are reasonable but you literally don't have the answer to which can further put the caller in a bad mood.

Allow reinstatement for terminated contracts.

Worked 3 years in Pizza Hut Program

Former Employee - Independent Agent

I worked at LiveOps part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

-Training for my position was straightforward
    -Scheduling your own hours was great for a college schedule

Cons

-Company consistently changed the way sales metrics were measured (often with negative side-effects)
    -->For example, I was a 5 star agent until they changed the system the last time, and I become a 2 star agent. I could not recover my stats enough because they made all the metrics count from the start of your time with LiveOps which is ridiculous
    -If you had to transfer a call (like you were told to do in many cases), it was counted against your stats. You were basically penalized for doing the right thing.
    -Compensation was decent, but the variability of sales really made it unreliable as a sustainable job. Hourly or salary positions are so much better than this.

Come up with a better way to track agent metrics. The current system made me leave, and I don't ever plan on coming back.

Independent Contractor

Current Employee - Call Center Agent in Gallup, NM
    Current Employee - Call Center Agent in Gallup, NM

I have been working at LiveOps part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You can work your own hours, you are in control of your time.

Cons

You may not be able to control how much call volume goes your way.

They are amazing.

Awesome Opportunity

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at LiveOps full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Work from home, schedule and work as much as you want to or as little as you need to, training is available on a wide variety of products and management is great as well.

Cons

Need a quiet office space, no benefits aside from working from home which is a huge plus when you can work from home so it is so flexible. The compensation is slow to begin with but with all of the incentives you make up for it..

None at all

LiveOps Photos

Our CEO paying back a bet. We crushed a company goal!
We built a new engineering rec room, including MAME (Multi Arcade Machine Emulator); many a disagreement is settled with Street Fighter
No rec room is complete without XBox One, Apple TV, and plenty of couch space