LiveOps Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.7
Vasili Triant

Pros
  • Most employees can work from home Fridays (in 61 reviews)

Cons
  • You may not be able to control how much call volume goes your way (in 16 reviews)

• work/life balance is very difficult to maintain (in 6 reviews)

1. Featured Review

just an awesome company to work for!

Current Employee - Wah in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Wah in Tampa, FL

Pros

choose your own hours; work at home; great support; great training; wonderful conference calls to help you succeed

Cons

none--I have not seen anything negative about this company!

Advice to Management

keep up what you are doing! I love Liveops!

Aug 19, 2015 – Director, Agent Acquisition and Onboarding

Thank you for the nice review. It's always wonderful to hear from agents who love working with LiveOps.

2. Great Work From Home Opportunity

Current Employee - Contractor, Agent Services Representative in Rockford, IL
    Current Employee - Contractor, Agent Services Representative in Rockford, IL

I have been working at LiveOps (More than 8 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule Many Line Group Opportunities Direct Deposit

Cons

Call flow is unpredictable making it difficult to know income Lack of support when an agent has questions

Very Flexible Job

Current Employee - Virtual Service Representative in Hammond, IN
    Current Employee - Virtual Service Representative in Hammond, IN

Pros

It is the most flexible work at home job I have ever had. They have many clients that you can take calls for and it is a 24 hour call center so there are endless possibilities for making good money without a cap on how much you can work.

Cons

Sometimes you may get invited to train to take calls for a new client and then after you have spent alot of time going through the unpaid training they'll put off launching the start of everyone taking the calls. They'll tell you that you'll get to eventually take the calls for what you've trained for and then they'll literally never get back to you on it... so you've wasted a lot of valuable time for nothing. They do this a lot which is annoying and unprofessional. Sometimes you'll sit for an hour and get not even one call so you have wasted valuable time. You are not paid hourly...only when you are on a call.

Advice to Management

To stop having people take trainings for dedicated lines that aren't going to launch if it's just in the beta stage.

Aug 19, 2015 – Director, Agent Acquisition and Onboarding

Thank you for sharing your experience. I will pass your feedback on to the new client launch teams.

5. Good

Current Employee - Independent Agent
    Current Employee - Independent Agent

I have been working at LiveOps (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible Schedule, set your own hours

Cons

Unpredictable call volume, hard to get schedule blocks

Aug 19, 2015 – Director, Agent Acquisition and Onboarding

Thank you for your review. You may want to check out the agent forums and seek tips on how to build your business and receive more predictable call volume.

Great Experience Overall

I have been working at LiveOps full-time

Pros

I have really enjoyed my time at the company. I have learned an extensive amount of industry knowledge and certainly strengthened my career. I have benefited from a mildly aggressive payplan and strengthened my position financially as well. The company is in a form of non-stop change so it's taught me to go with the flow and remain a performer through the good times and bad to see it through. Everyone is always very nice and respectful and I can't think of a person I don't get along with. I am looking forward to seeing our new offering and believe we position ourselves well against competitors. There's plenty of business to go around so it's just a matter of going after it.

Cons

With all the changes in human capital, you have to blindly trust the company is on the right path. There's not a lot of upward movement in certain departments, however, that's not to say I haven't seen people get promoted. It's still fairly clique-oriented, top-down, but performance helps override this and makes you feel comfortable. No formal training program whatsoever so you will need to be highly independent to reach out for the answers you need to grow.

Aug 19, 2015 – Director, Agent Acquisition and Onboarding

Thank you for your review. It really is an exciting time at LiveOps!

7. Good Back Up

Pros

Set your own time to work.

Cons

Can keep you in the house if you let it

lot's of challenges and opportunities

Current Employee - Staff Engineer in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Staff Engineer in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at LiveOps full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

- technical work, product performance and global datacenters all excellent - better times are coming soon... lot's of work still to do on business-side

Cons

- business environment remains fragile. - turn-around is in progress and continuing

Advice to Management

- need more frequent honest communication from executive management

Dysfunctional for years

Former Employee - California in Redwood City, CA
    Former Employee - California in Redwood City, CA

I worked at LiveOps full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people at lower levels.

Cons

Poorly managed at exec level. Good people not recognized. Politics rewarded.

Advice to Management

Figure out what works.

10. Good company

Current Employee - Engineer
    Current Employee - Engineer

I have been working at LiveOps (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good team and talented top engineers.

Cons

Strategic changes have come often. Recent changes have brought some firmness in direction.

Advice to Management

Make clear decisions and share it deeply across all verticals.

Love the company, love the direction....moving fast!

Current Employee - Manager in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at LiveOps full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of opportunity exists as the management team cleans up employee issues and brings in new and better talent. The company is building better technology than its competitors and is evolving the BPO business with its customers building better programs and independent contractor loyalty... Watch out for new agent rewards programs coming out. I have never heard the CEO tell people to rate LiveOps a 5....only that he encouraged people to have a voice and at least put their opinions out there... Only people who go to Glassdoor initially are the unhappy ones, so I am a happy one and here to say that many of the people complaining about LiveOps are the ones removed for not doing their job. The company is hiring...but is transitioning the business to move faster. If you like making a difference, and want to work with people who are fun and hard chargers...come over to LiveOps. It is not a place for people who want to come in at 10am and leave at 3pm.

Cons

Company needs to be more public about the great customers who love the technology and the new companies launching on the agent business. Stealth is not always better when you have so many good things happening.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing...whenever you change out poor performers they whine but you are moving in the right direction.

RSS Feed </> Embed