LiveOps Reviews

Updated September 19, 2014
Updated September 19, 2014
3.5

Vasili Triant

Pros
  • Work from home -- no commuting or having to shop for clothes for your work attire (in 50 reviews)

• The ability to have a flexible schedule and to work remote are a huge plus when you have a family at home (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • LiveOps controls your call volume and call lines (in 12 reviews)

• You are paid by your talk time 0 (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights

Work from home

I have been working at LiveOps part-time

Pros

Been with them for over 5 yrs, just as a part time. If you commit you can make this a regular money making

Cons

NO CONS, THE ONLY THING IS THAT PAY YOU GET PAID BY TALK TIME

The best work at home place to work!!!

Current Employee - At Home Based Phone Representative  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - At Home Based Phone Representative in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at LiveOps as a contractor for more than 8 years

Pros

The company offers unlimited income with opportunity to make money on several line groups. 24/7 flexibility, and no taxes taken out of your checks!

Cons

The only downside is the company strictly operates based on conversion and performance. You have to be a sale maker and not just a call taker. Otherwise you will suffer by getting very low call volume and make very little money.

Even though we are the peons in the company, we are still hard workers and we are human. Offer increased per minute rates and special bonuses. It helps us and makes us feel appreciated. We have families to take care of. Give us a shift premium for slow lines for dedicated agents. We dont want to sit on the phones all day and make very little money.

Awesome Opportunity

Current Employee - Sales Representative  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at LiveOps full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Work from home, schedule and work as much as you want to or as little as you need to, training is available on a wide variety of products and management is great as well.

Cons

Need a quiet office space, no benefits aside from working from home which is a huge plus when you can work from home so it is so flexible. The compensation is slow to begin with but with all of the incentives you make up for it..

None at all

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Independent Agent - Insurance Agent- Independent Contractor

Current Employee - Licensed Insurance Agent  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Licensed Insurance Agent in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at LiveOps full-time for more than a year

Pros

Living in an area that has tough winters, working at home is priceless. Grabbing a cup of coffee and going to work while others are outside scraping off windshields is very rewarding, not to mention more lucrative. Setting hours as an independent contractor allows flexibility otherwise not available in the corporate job market. Be your own boss and set the bar as high as you'd like!

Cons

Too many to count and would be happy to share if the opportunity ever presents itself and the management staff really comes across in a way that makes me think they really want to know, rather than just listening to pacify.

As an agent who is working very hard to be a success with Liveops, you simply cannot deny human beings the right to a vacation, time off due to a death in their family or a medical leave. And to have any sort of penalty associated with those times is really stretching the boundary line of the independent contractor/company contract. While you cannot dictate hours worked, you also should not be afforded a way around it either. To me, the metric system is nothing more than a way of dictating time worked without actually coming right out and doing it. It's a fine line and one that is being stretched further and further. Also, because the "metric rules" have been determined and communicated, they haven't always been in place and to give some agents a line back and deny others is a bad managerial call.

Virtual Service Representative

Current Employee - Virtual Service Representative  in  Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Virtual Service Representative in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at LiveOps as a contractor for more than 5 years

Pros

I like LiveOps because of the flexibility. I have contracted for 7 years and it has been very steady and dependable. Generally, if you follow what their system requires, you can make a decent income.

Cons

I don't care for the way that the sales metrics are administered. You are very little more than just a warm body.

They need to first be clear on their policies . Then improve communication to and with agents. There needs to be more of a human touch and not canned responses to agents questions. People realize that nothing is guaranteed but transparency and honesty is appreciated. Making/changing rules midstream without them being fully understood is not. Treat your agents with respect not lip service!

Lack of meaningful support and Affinity programs

Former Employee - Independent Agent
    Former Employee - Independent Agent

I worked at LiveOps part-time for less than a year

Pros

flexible hours and good pay

Cons

There is no verbal contact whatsoever...only texts. Due to a slight hearing loss I used more time than recommended.
    I was gradually removed from programs where I did well and after all of my scores fell I was removed!!! Affinity programs are a real money maker for LiveOps but they border on criminal and take advantage of low income, poorly educated and elderly clients.

Be more available and upgrade the Affinity programs.

Didn't enjoy this work.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at LiveOps as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

This was OK for a part time "job" however it is not a job, you are an independent contractor. Working from home was great and the flexibility in scheduling was a plus.

Cons

Reading the scripts was tedious and the customers weren't great to deal with because you're dealing with people calling in to order infomercial products. There are other lines of customer service with them but I was not a part of those so I cannot comment on them.

Great opportunity....but now discouraged

I have been working at LiveOps as a contractor

Pros

Training is done on-line which is really convenient

Cons

There are not enough time commits to accommodate all the Direct Response Agents. I finished my training over two weeks ago and still have not be able to get on the schedule.

Started off Great Ended Poorly

Former Employee - Virtual Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Virtual Sales Representative

I worked at LiveOps as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

Work From home whenever you choose (or so they say) 24hrs/7 days- flexible scheduling, pay is always on time and accurate

Cons

Even though the independent contract you sign says you can work whenever you like, you are penalized through performance metric ratings for not taking calls, even though you are not supposed to be rated on performance if you have not taken at least 25 calls, you are given a low performance rating after not working for a short period of time even when your absence was due to hospitalization, management refused to listen or care, even when it is documented that during the times you made calls there was not a low performance rating, you will be removed from the ability to make a decent income should you require time off due to illness and no one in management cares or will take the time to listen to you.

Provisions should be made for people who need to take time off due to illness or other things out of their control so that when the crisis is over one can return to work. Also, management should stop treating people like numbers and giving canned responses as if everyones issue can be resoved with the same advice. Replies from community service are hardly ever helpful to anyone and neither is the support from the live chat, provided you are lucky enough to get a live person to chat with. All responses are canned, and most time you are left wondering if the person even read your question completely before responding.

Liveops is a great legitmate company!!

Former Employee - Sales Representative  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA

I worked at LiveOps part-time for more than 10 years

Pros

You can set your own hours and actually set your own pay. It all depends on how much you are willing to work. I love Liveops.

Cons

Not being able to pick up the phone and talk/explain your issues you may be having. Very little tech support help when you need it. Also, when QA monitor calls they are not always right and they are quick to end your contract. I think that is so wrong.

Management need to change the procedures of writing agents up. It is unfair to the agent because we can't even explain our side.

Worked for LiveOps? Contribute to the Community!