LiveOps Reviews

Updated March 7, 2015
240 reviews filtered by
3.6
Vasili Triant

Pros
  • Work from home -- no commuting or having to shop for clothes for your work attire (in 61 reviews)

• The ability to have a flexible schedule and to work remote are a huge plus when you have a family at home (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Otherwise you will suffer by getting very low call volume and make very little money (in 16 reviews)

• Things are extremely fast paced because of that it can be hard to get that work/life balance that people need to be successful (in 6 reviews)

1. very easy going and uncomplicated

Current Employee - Inbound Sales Agent in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Inbound Sales Agent in Dallas, TX

I have been working at LiveOps

Pros

Flexible sheduling and paid in time

Cons

payed per talked minute and lines are not always busy

Overall it was nice having the freedom to work when I wanted at my own leisure.
    It was a good learning experience.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at LiveOps part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Freedom to work when you want from your own home.
    Not having to have an LLC, like other telecommute jobs require before getting started.

Cons

The initial set up can be confusing.
    Working your way up & having more choices to work thru takes some time.
    Getting help isn't very easy, so you should be somewhat computer savvy to be able to figure things out on your own.

Being more accessible to get help would be very helpful.
    Allowing more opportunities from the get go would also be more enticing.

Not what I expected!

Current Employee - Direct Response Agent
    Current Employee - Direct Response Agent

I have been working at LiveOps

Pros

Make one schedule. You can see the amount of money you earn for the day after each call. I really enjoy handling inbound call.

Cons

The call volume will definitely fluctuate constantly. When you're paid per talk- time minute you have no idea how long you have to work to earn the amount you need to survive.

Increase the pay and stop over hiring agents.

Disappointed, but struggling to make it work

Current Contractor - Independent Contractor in Chesapeake, VA
    Current Contractor - Independent Contractor in Chesapeake, VA

I have been working at LiveOps as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Choose your own hours and choose the type of calls you want to support.

Cons

The company does not provide technical support.
    Independent agents have to rely on advice from other independent agents advice that is loaded into a help data bank called Athena.
    The company's servers must be getting old, can't verify this because it is very difficult to speak with anyone with knowledge of the servers and the configuration requirements.
    The company utilizes Java in their My Schedule application in order to post the hours that you are available to work. I have been trying to for over a week to get this program to work and have had no luck. I downloaded multiple sets of instructions and carefully went through all of them and still could not resolve the communications error.
    The company advises agents to load a previous version of Java that is not longer supported to align with their servers. This puts a lot of risk on the independent agent. The risk is based upon Java being utilized by hackers to gain access to systems. A known security risk with older versions of Java is the POODLE virus.

Provide IT support. I venture to guess that the majority of people that choose to be independent agents for LiveOps do not have deep pockets that allow them to hire IT professionals that can troubleshoot Java issues.

Working at home

I have been working at LiveOps

Pros

Can set your own hours. Can work from the comfort of your own home. Pay is good and can be great if your selling and meeting your goals.

Cons

Sometimes hours are hard to come by.

Awesome Company to work for

Current Employee - Customer Support in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Support in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at LiveOps

Pros

New CEO with new visions for the company and taking it in the right direction. People are very friendly and fun to work with. Culture is fun and easy going. Cool perks like pizza Fridays, snacks always in stock, bagels and pastries every Tuesday and Thursday.. in general a very nice environment to work in.

Cons

nothing too big comes to mind..

They doing a great job

Good work-at-home company

I have been working at LiveOps

Pros

New avenues of communication have opened up, which makes it easier to get answers for your home business.

Cons

Communication with the company could continue to use improving.

A place for growth, independence, innovation...but not the meek.

Current Employee - Agent Division
    Current Employee - Agent Division

I have been working at LiveOps full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

First and foremost, the caliber of employees and management at LiveOps is impressive. There is a cohesiveness amongst the teams that, despite working in different locations, is extremely strong. I've never seen a better example of teamwork and "no man left behind" attitude. Where most places have employees scrambling for credit or accolades, staffers at LO are giving, generous and professional. Management is seasoned, accessible and level headed. I'm not saying everyone is superhuman, but in the departments I work with, I see very few weak links. Another point worth mentioning is that this company was on fire a few years ago and then went off the rails due to some bad C-level decisions. Now that the previous CEO is gone and a new breed of leadership is in place, the morale, performance and overall tone of the company is incredible. There's a real energy of optimism and success here and I commend our new CEO (Vasili Triant) for taking the bull by the horns and turning around a nasty situation into a great growth opportunity.

Cons

Working remotely or long distance is not for everyone. We have quite a few team members who are in different timezones, working from home and unsupervised. That can be frustrating if that employee is the kind that thrives more in a group environment. Being far apart makes it hard to establish and maintain culture. This isn't a fault, just a challenge. But we could be doing more to enhance culture knowing that we have this caveat to deal with.

Keep the transparency coming and don't falter on your straightforwardness. The company has huge potential but it's all in the execution.

A great way to earn a full income or supplemental

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at LiveOps

Pros

work from home, flexible schedule, payment always on time, direct deposit option are all excellent. If you can read, you can do this job. You just read the script and put in the info from the caller which will populate more to read until the call is done. Easy-peasy! CSR's are usually very friendly, excellent platform setup, many different programs to choose from for variety which leads to less chance to burn out, avenues to connect with other agents

Cons

CEs (compliance events that could lead to termination) are sometimes given unfairly. I had one CE that stated I didn't say something when I actually did. When I asked them to review it again, they told me that wasn't the problem and the auditor wrote it in hidden notes..... The real problem was XYZ which was not even something warranting a CE. When I stated that, they told me it would not be removed. Very unfair. It still bothers me till today and that was almost a year ago. Another con is work is not always available all the time. You need to have many lines to have the best chances and be ready with another work from home independent contractor job for days there simply is nothing on the schedule to pick from.

Consider per minute raises. Many could probably spend more time on LO and less time finding other jobs to supplement their income if there was a per minute raise. Every bit counts. Have an audit checking department to check CE's before posting. Unfair CE's lead to low morale. Other than that, I love LiveOps!

Okay company to work for if you don't need to pay bills and just want extra money

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at LiveOps as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

They pay on time and are very helpful when you have questions.

Cons

You have to compete for hours and you are paid per minute of talk time. You could be signed up to work for an hour and only get one call which may not last very long.

Pay per hour would be great.