LiveOps Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
4.0
Vasili Triant

Pros
  • Most employees can work from home Fridays (in 61 reviews)

Cons
  • You may not be able to control how much call volume goes your way (in 16 reviews)

• work/life balance is very difficult to maintain (in 6 reviews)

Great Work From Home Opportunity

Current Employee - Contractor, Agent Services Representative in Rockford, IL
    Current Employee - Contractor, Agent Services Representative in Rockford, IL

I have been working at LiveOps (More than 8 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule Many Line Group Opportunities Direct Deposit

Cons

Call flow is unpredictable making it difficult to know income Lack of support when an agent has questions

Very Flexible Job

Current Employee - Virtual Service Representative in Hammond, IN
    Current Employee - Virtual Service Representative in Hammond, IN

Pros

It is the most flexible work at home job I have ever had. They have many clients that you can take calls for and it is a 24 hour call center so there are endless possibilities for making good money without a cap on how much you can work.

Cons

Sometimes you may get invited to train to take calls for a new client and then after you have spent alot of time going through the unpaid training they'll put off launching the start of everyone taking the calls. They'll tell you that you'll get to eventually take the calls for what you've trained for and then they'll literally never get back to you on it... so you've wasted a lot of valuable time for nothing. They do this a lot which is annoying and unprofessional. Sometimes you'll sit for an hour and get not even one call so you have wasted valuable time. You are not paid hourly...only when you are on a call.

Advice to Management

To stop having people take trainings for dedicated lines that aren't going to launch if it's just in the beta stage.

LiveOps Response

Aug 19, 2015 – Director, Agent Acquisition and Onboarding

Thank you for sharing your experience. I will pass your feedback on to the new client launch teams.

Great Experience Overall

I have been working at LiveOps full-time

Pros

I have really enjoyed my time at the company. I have learned an extensive amount of industry knowledge and certainly strengthened my career. I have benefited from a mildly aggressive payplan and strengthened my position financially as well. The company is in a form of non-stop change so it's taught me to go with the flow and remain a performer through the good times and bad to see it through. Everyone is always very nice and respectful and I can't think of a person I don't get along with. I am looking forward to seeing our new offering and believe we position ourselves well against competitors. There's plenty of business to go around so it's just a matter of going after it.

Cons

With all the changes in human capital, you have to blindly trust the company is on the right path. There's not a lot of upward movement in certain departments, however, that's not to say I haven't seen people get promoted. It's still fairly clique-oriented, top-down, but performance helps override this and makes you feel comfortable. No formal training program whatsoever so you will need to be highly independent to reach out for the answers you need to grow.

LiveOps Response

Aug 19, 2015 – Director, Agent Acquisition and Onboarding

Thank you for your review. It really is an exciting time at LiveOps!

5. Good Back Up

Pros

Set your own time to work.

Cons

Can keep you in the house if you let it

6. Good company

Current Employee - Engineer
    Current Employee - Engineer

I have been working at LiveOps (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good team and talented top engineers.

Cons

Strategic changes have come often. Recent changes have brought some firmness in direction.

Advice to Management

Make clear decisions and share it deeply across all verticals.

7. decent work-when-you-want-to-work-job

Current Contractor - Independent Contractor in Tulsa, OK
    Current Contractor - Independent Contractor in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at LiveOps as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

work-on-your-time! 30-minute blocks! tons of types of work keep it interesting! sign on un-committed! skills advancement and retrain materials always handy watch your pay accrue by the minute, very motivational to stay on the phones!

Cons

no pay for down time! impersonal job

We've had our ups and downs. . .

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Canton, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Canton, OH

I have been working at LiveOps part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been making $15.00 per hour average (talk time minutes) for almost 6 months now and really love the job. "Wow-ing" customers in my friendly Customer Service is my passion.

Cons

It is not the easiest thing to keep up ratings with add on sales, I am not the best at pushing customers into things they did not ask for. Wish this was not such a big deal to them but it is.

Advice to Management

Give agents a little more warning when they are about to lose their call lines that they make all their income on... it would have been helpful.

9. Was a great company to contract and work at your own schedule

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Atlanta, GA
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Atlanta, GA

I worked at LiveOps as a contractor (More than 8 years)

Pros

can make own schedule pay is always on time

Cons

More focus on additional sales of affinity offers Sometimes you feel just like a number and not valued

Advice to Management

Take into consideration the agents that have been with the company for years and devoted countless hours to taking calls and logging in when needed. Respect agents and don't base their worth on affinity offer sales.

10. Customer support

Former Contractor - CSC
    Former Contractor - CSC

I worked at LiveOps as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very easy to work with, a lot of hands on training.

Cons

The only downside is that the cut the cs line

11. Excelent people, great work environment

Former Contractor - Software Developer in Tempe, AZ
    Former Contractor - Software Developer in Tempe, AZ

I worked at LiveOps as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Challenging tasks, friendly teammates, good pay, good benefits, all around a very nice company to work for.

Cons

As a DevOps engineer you need to be always aware of what's happening and it can get a little bit stressful.

Advice to Management

I didn't had the chance to talk with the people for management, so I can't really say anything regarding this.

RSS Feed </> Embed