LiveOps Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.7
Vasili Triant

Pros
  • Most employees can work from home Fridays (in 61 reviews)

Cons
  • You may not be able to control how much call volume goes your way (in 16 reviews)

• work/life balance is very difficult to maintain (in 6 reviews)

1. Featured Review

just an awesome company to work for!

Current Employee - Wah in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Wah in Tampa, FL

Pros

choose your own hours; work at home; great support; great training; wonderful conference calls to help you succeed

Cons

none--I have not seen anything negative about this company!

Advice to Management

keep up what you are doing! I love Liveops!

LiveOps Response

Aug 19, 2015 – Director, Agent Acquisition and Onboarding

Thank you for the nice review. It's always wonderful to hear from agents who love working with LiveOps.

2. Great Little Big Company

Current Employee - Applications Engineer in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Applications Engineer in Santa Clara, CA

Pros

Emphasis on leading-edge application technologies. Freedom to find the best solutions. Very little of a technical nature is mandated from upper management. Friendly, professional, dedicated co-workers. Open management style. Transparency and availablity of company financial performance figures.

Cons

Haven't encountered any yet. I'm glad I didn't find this site until after I came to work here. I might not have accepted the offer and I would have missed out on a great opportunity. Maybe things have gotten a lot better since some of the earlier reviews were entered, but I see no evidence that those problems still exist. (Note that some reviewers are current and former LiveOps employees working in engineering and support while others are LiveOps independent contractors who answer phones for infomercials by LiveOps clients.)

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. If I could give one suggestion, it's that a little "management by walking around" would be a good thing.

LiveOps intern

Current Employee - Intern in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Intern in Santa Clara, CA

Pros

people are hard working but still like to have fun!

Cons

still quickly evolving- tough to keep up with all the changes sometimes

Advice to Management

keep the mission clear as you grow

I love LiveOps

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Pros

Next generation of work. Corporate employees are encouraged to walk the talk and work from home and be driven by results.

Cons

We don't have enough resources

Advice to Management

Keep being innovative and provide more resources.

LO Rocks.

Current Employee - Order Entry, Sales Pro, Tiki and Split in Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - Order Entry, Sales Pro, Tiki and Split in Tulsa, OK

Pros

You can pick your own schedule. LO only sends calls to highest ranked agent in that category. If you can't sell or if you are timid. Don't apply. Lots of bonues and commissioned programs. Per talktime rate PLUS per order pay. Ability to earn more with affinity products and upsells. The more you sell the more you make. The more you sell the more calls you get. Noone looking over your shoulder. You are your own company. You decide how much you iwll make.

Cons

Some things are not communicated in a timely manner. We should have received a PB concerning ce's for missed commits. PB messages are not read in full, therefore reply answer is usually not anything to do w/ what you are asking, or you get the answer that is not correct. New agents thru the door are being hired in at the higher rate programs, the sr agents had to work there butts off to prove we can do it before we were allowed to do them. and lastly the 10% affinity rule or dr is gone is a joke.

Advice to Management

Quit allowing agents to walk all over asrs in vcc....

Love my job & my manager - wish I had the resources I needed to knock it out of the park

Current Employee - Program Manager in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Santa Clara, CA

Pros

Flexibility Fun I'm trusted to do what I need to do to get the job done Opportunity to innovate Working with some of the smartest people I've met! We support community through donations and matching gifts

Cons

I'd be lying if I didn't admit that it is difficult to get, what I consider properly resourced. This means that either things fall to the floor or that you work long days - it depends on how you deal with it.

Advice to Management

Please spend time finding the formula for success on the front lines, and then commit to it. Whether it is bodies, technology, or not taking certain business - all of us want the same thing - success for LiveOps, the Agents, and the Customers. Without that none of us win.

FLEXIBLE EXTRA INCOME

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Pittsburgh, PA

Pros

I like the fact that I can jump on the phone and make a few extra dollars. This is Independent contract work people need to know this is their own business... you need to make it work for you. Your are not going to get raises or promotions you are your boss. Follow the scripts and you will succeed. Live ops needs to monitor they are the top you need to perform to customer standards that is anywhere. Make sure you know what you are doing before you take calls. I had heart surgery and had to take off more than 45 days and was able to come back. Just communicate to them VERY HAPPY ABOUT THAT!!!!

Cons

Not much wiggle room for being new. You need to be familiar before you start if you do not do well you will be pulled out of a program. Better model for training listening to calls from top agents. Or calls generated by Management. More positive feedback not just negative. No news is good news... DOES NOT WORK....

Advice to Management

Add quality training calls to Podcasts... so we can listen to up sells and special offers. Allow some information sharing.

Great Work at Home Opportunity

Current Employee - Sales Specialist in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Specialist in Santa Clara, CA

Pros

I've been working for live ops for almost 2 years now and I love the flexibility, support, and pay structure.

Cons

The program I work sometimes has many repeat callers which makes it difficult to improve on sales and meet metrics.

Advice to Management

Read forums and listen to agents concerns. It's important to understand what the struggles are and find ways to improve.

Love It

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Dallas, TX

I have been working at LiveOps part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It allows me to work at home, with a flexible schedule. The pay is good if you get calls for the whole 30 minutes you work.

Cons

The schedules allow 30 minute increments, and is hard to get if you're not on the scheduler by a certain time each week. You have to upsell many many products for each call. You are paid per minute on calls, not per hour of work time.

I love working at Live Ops.

Current Employee - Work At Home Agents in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Work At Home Agents in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at LiveOps part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I get to work at home...no gas or drama!

Cons

If the economy were better, sales would be higher.

Advice to Management

Promote from within.

RSS Feed </> Embed