LiveOps Reviews

Updated April 23, 2015
250 reviews filtered by
3.7
Vasili Triant

Pros
  • Work from home -- no commuting or having to shop for clothes for your work attire (in 61 reviews)

• The ability to have a flexible schedule and to work remote are a huge plus when you have a family at home (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Otherwise you will suffer by getting very low call volume and make very little money (in 16 reviews)

• Things are extremely fast paced because of that it can be hard to get that work/life balance that people need to be successful (in 6 reviews)

Seriously - Not worth the time...

Current Employee - Former LO Call Center Agent in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Former LO Call Center Agent in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at LiveOps

Pros

Pros - None. Must be 5 words, but, nothing positive to say here.

Cons

You can sit there on LiveOps (LO) for hours and hours and make next-to-nothing, no guarantee of even $3.00 an hour, no benefits of any kind (and. I can find cheaper product discounts on eBay, so, that is def. not any benefit...), you are at the mercy of the call router gods. And, remind yourself, you have to take your own taxes out, then, you have to pay for a dedicated "POTS" telephone line (no VOIP), you have to pay for reliable internet, you have to buy a decent, noise-cancelling headset, then, you have to seriously hope to find open schedule slots at roll-out, then, you have to hope that the phone rings and that that the caller likes being held hostage to ENDLESS and ANNOYING upsells and affinities, etc... Would NOT Recommend.

Advice to Management

LO Agents should be working for at least the prevailing federal minimum wage.

are you kidding me?

Current Employee - Insurance Producer in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Insurance Producer in Nashville, TN

I have been working at LiveOps

Pros

none at all. really.. I mean really.

Cons

So, its a classic bait and switch.. gotta talk people into insurance who enter into a contest? thanks for lowering the entire insurance industry.

Advice to Management

start paying your agents what they are worth and market your products honestly.

Didnt like it a bit!

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Miami, FL

I worked at LiveOps

Pros

work from home is the only pro

Cons

everything else is a con
    pay is peanuts
    magazines sales are silly.. no one wants those magazines
    monitoring is sketchy
    poor training and support
    overall bad bad bad

Advice to Management

change everything abt this company.

5. Waste of time and money

Current Employee - Operator in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Operator in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at LiveOps part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Seems legit until you have to pay 65 bucks. And wait, wait, wait.....it's been 4 weeks and there's NOTHING on my credit report and background check so they basically stole from me. I'm thinking if filing a complaint with the bbb on them and that shady background company they use called first advantage.

Cons

It is a scam, 65 bucks for what?? A con and a scam

STAY AWAY- unless you're an agent- then may be fine

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at LiveOps full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Not many honestly.

The product is in demand on the platform side- but they just fired everyone from platform as best as i can tell- so not sure what to say there. On the agent side, the product is in demand- but not from infomercial market- which was an important source of revenue in the past.

There's lots of opportunities to take on new responsibilities and work cross functionally- but i found it difficult to complete projects due to lack of resources and constantly changing priorities form the management team.

Cons

2 different business units and a lack of direction between the two. Junior leadership team especially since the last CEO left the company. Generally negative environment and a constant feeling that something bad was going to happen. Recently, there was a large layoff. So, maybe it just did happen.

Also felt like the leadership team really doesn't respect each other- seemed like they were battling constantly.

Bonuses were rarely paid- so I guess we weren't hitting our targets. Sales leadership was young and, i guess, not performing. Confused as SVP of sales in now interim CEO.

Rumors that the company was always about to be sold off- there are more of those rumors now.

Advice to Management

Less rah rah speeches and slogans- more results and cooperation.

New sales leadership and generally new leadership as the current team never got it done.

Flexible hours, but the rest is not worth it

Current Employee - Phone Sales Consultant in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Phone Sales Consultant in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at LiveOps full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule, potential to earn a lot, a variety of opportunities to sign up for, lots of support, chat help is very nice. The software system you use is online and the best, most organized out there. You don't have to download a bunch of stuff, it's all within one login, which is almost non-existent for work at home companies.

Cons

Terrible metrics, one bad mark and you lose your good, money-making lines. The commits (hours on schedule) are VERY hard to get, there are a lot of agents that work here and you have to compete with them all at the same time to click on little squares to get your schedule. WAY too many people work for them. No benefits, you are an Independent Contractor. No real room to move up except work more hours. The affinities you sell at the end are very, very fishy. Not sure they are totally legit.

Advice to Management

Give more changes to low performance. It shouldn't be "one strike and you lose your good lines forever." I tried complaining that there should be a probation period or something, but I guess they have so many agents they don't care.

Lies, and then....more Lies....

Current Contractor - Call Center Agent in Fayetteville, NC
    Current Contractor - Call Center Agent in Fayetteville, NC

I have been working at LiveOps as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

You'll learn a lot about what to watch out for in the "work-from-home" industry and be very familiar with all red flags for future searches.

Cons

No direct communication. False Promises of available work (it's a lottery system where you pray for hours until you prove yourself, which you can't do unless you can click on the mystery floating availability block before everyone else in your position), poor description of program.

Advice to Management

Consider brushing up on the idea of ethics and not promise hours or opportunities you cannot deliver.

LiveOps controls you

Current Contractor - Independent Agent
    Current Contractor - Independent Agent

I have been working at LiveOps as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

I enjoyed working from home for a time. Flexible hours, Can work committed or uncommitted.

Cons

LiveOps controls your call volume and call lines. Performance ratings aren't fair. Started out doing well until they cut off my volume without warning, then removed my General lines where I would be sure to NOT receive any calls. Scripts are pushy, callers are on a fixed income (most of them) and do NOT want or can't afford the upsells we are expected to push on them. More cons than pros to this company! Some upsells are SCAMS!

Advice to Management

You need to take a look at your conversion ratings system. It only hurts your agents who work hard for you, only to get cut off just as things are going well. You should also check out the customers who are scamming the callers. Honesty is the best policy and it is not practiced with LiveOps.

Terrible for anyone with a consience

Former Contractor - Independent Agent
    Former Contractor - Independent Agent

I worked at LiveOps as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible hrs. Hours are flexible if you want a part time job with little to no pay. You get 25 cents per minute of talk time.

Cons

Terrible pay, business practices are questionable at best, poor management, unprofessional, rude supervisors, demand badgering callers pelting them with things they don't want even if they've already repeatedly told you they aren't interested, run scammy calls.

Advice to Management

Go legitimate, treat people well, pay better, and be ethical.

CEO resigned, CTO resigned, CFO resigned this month

I have been working at LiveOps full-time

Pros

Absolutely none. Marty Beard killed this company.

Cons

Everything went downhill after Marty Beard took over and made LiveOps his personal playground, bank account then moved to San Diego.

Advice to Management

Bring back Maynard Webb!!!