LiveOps Reviews

Updated September 18, 2014
Updated September 18, 2014
3.5

Vasili Triant

Pros
  • Work from home -- no commuting or having to shop for clothes for your work attire (in 50 reviews)

• The ability to have a flexible schedule and to work remote are a huge plus when you have a family at home (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • LiveOps controls your call volume and call lines (in 12 reviews)

• You are paid by your talk time 0 (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights

Lack of meaningful support and Affinity programs

Former Employee - Independent Agent
    Former Employee - Independent Agent

I worked at LiveOps part-time for less than a year

Pros

flexible hours and good pay

Cons

There is no verbal contact whatsoever...only texts. Due to a slight hearing loss I used more time than recommended.
    I was gradually removed from programs where I did well and after all of my scores fell I was removed!!! Affinity programs are a real money maker for LiveOps but they border on criminal and take advantage of low income, poorly educated and elderly clients.

Be more available and upgrade the Affinity programs.

Virtual Service Representative

Current Employee - Virtual Service Representative  in  Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Virtual Service Representative in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at LiveOps as a contractor for more than 5 years

Pros

I like LiveOps because of the flexibility. I have contracted for 7 years and it has been very steady and dependable. Generally, if you follow what their system requires, you can make a decent income.

Cons

I don't care for the way that the sales metrics are administered. You are very little more than just a warm body.

They need to first be clear on their policies . Then improve communication to and with agents. There needs to be more of a human touch and not canned responses to agents questions. People realize that nothing is guaranteed but transparency and honesty is appreciated. Making/changing rules midstream without them being fully understood is not. Treat your agents with respect not lip service!

Waste of time and money

Current Employee - Operator  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Operator in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at LiveOps part-time for less than a year

Pros

Seems legit until you have to pay 65 bucks. And wait, wait, wait.....it's been 4 weeks and there's NOTHING on my credit report and background check so they basically stole from me. I'm thinking if filing a complaint with the bbb on them and that shady background company they use called first advantage.

Cons

It is a scam, 65 bucks for what?? A con and a scam

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Independent Agent - Insurance Agent- Independent Contractor

Current Employee - Licensed Insurance Agent  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Licensed Insurance Agent in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at LiveOps full-time for more than a year

Pros

Living in an area that has tough winters, working at home is priceless. Grabbing a cup of coffee and going to work while others are outside scraping off windshields is very rewarding, not to mention more lucrative. Setting hours as an independent contractor allows flexibility otherwise not available in the corporate job market. Be your own boss and set the bar as high as you'd like!

Cons

Too many to count and would be happy to share if the opportunity ever presents itself and the management staff really comes across in a way that makes me think they really want to know, rather than just listening to pacify.

As an agent who is working very hard to be a success with Liveops, you simply cannot deny human beings the right to a vacation, time off due to a death in their family or a medical leave. And to have any sort of penalty associated with those times is really stretching the boundary line of the independent contractor/company contract. While you cannot dictate hours worked, you also should not be afforded a way around it either. To me, the metric system is nothing more than a way of dictating time worked without actually coming right out and doing it. It's a fine line and one that is being stretched further and further. Also, because the "metric rules" have been determined and communicated, they haven't always been in place and to give some agents a line back and deny others is a bad managerial call.

Work from home

I have been working at LiveOps part-time

Pros

Been with them for over 5 yrs, just as a part time. If you commit you can make this a regular money making

Cons

NO CONS, THE ONLY THING IS THAT PAY YOU GET PAID BY TALK TIME

The best work at home place to work!!!

Current Employee - At Home Based Phone Representative  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - At Home Based Phone Representative in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at LiveOps as a contractor for more than 8 years

Pros

The company offers unlimited income with opportunity to make money on several line groups. 24/7 flexibility, and no taxes taken out of your checks!

Cons

The only downside is the company strictly operates based on conversion and performance. You have to be a sale maker and not just a call taker. Otherwise you will suffer by getting very low call volume and make very little money.

Even though we are the peons in the company, we are still hard workers and we are human. Offer increased per minute rates and special bonuses. It helps us and makes us feel appreciated. We have families to take care of. Give us a shift premium for slow lines for dedicated agents. We dont want to sit on the phones all day and make very little money.

STAY AWAY- unless you're an agent- then may be fine

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at LiveOps full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Not many honestly.

The product is in demand on the platform side- but they just fired everyone from platform as best as i can tell- so not sure what to say there. On the agent side, the product is in demand- but not from infomercial market- which was an important source of revenue in the past.

There's lots of opportunities to take on new responsibilities and work cross functionally- but i found it difficult to complete projects due to lack of resources and constantly changing priorities form the management team.

Cons

2 different business units and a lack of direction between the two. Junior leadership team especially since the last CEO left the company. Generally negative environment and a constant feeling that something bad was going to happen. Recently, there was a large layoff. So, maybe it just did happen.

Also felt like the leadership team really doesn't respect each other- seemed like they were battling constantly.

Bonuses were rarely paid- so I guess we weren't hitting our targets. Sales leadership was young and, i guess, not performing. Confused as SVP of sales in now interim CEO.

Rumors that the company was always about to be sold off- there are more of those rumors now.

Less rah rah speeches and slogans- more results and cooperation.

New sales leadership and generally new leadership as the current team never got it done.

Awesome Opportunity

Current Employee - Sales Representative  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at LiveOps full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Work from home, schedule and work as much as you want to or as little as you need to, training is available on a wide variety of products and management is great as well.

Cons

Need a quiet office space, no benefits aside from working from home which is a huge plus when you can work from home so it is so flexible. The compensation is slow to begin with but with all of the incentives you make up for it..

None at all

Great opportunity....but now discouraged

I have been working at LiveOps as a contractor

Pros

Training is done on-line which is really convenient

Cons

There are not enough time commits to accommodate all the Direct Response Agents. I finished my training over two weeks ago and still have not be able to get on the schedule.

Flexible hours, but the rest is not worth it

Current Employee - Phone Sales Consultant  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Phone Sales Consultant in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at LiveOps full-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexible schedule, potential to earn a lot, a variety of opportunities to sign up for, lots of support, chat help is very nice. The software system you use is online and the best, most organized out there. You don't have to download a bunch of stuff, it's all within one login, which is almost non-existent for work at home companies.

Cons

Terrible metrics, one bad mark and you lose your good, money-making lines. The commits (hours on schedule) are VERY hard to get, there are a lot of agents that work here and you have to compete with them all at the same time to click on little squares to get your schedule. WAY too many people work for them. No benefits, you are an Independent Contractor. No real room to move up except work more hours. The affinities you sell at the end are very, very fishy. Not sure they are totally legit.

Give more changes to low performance. It shouldn't be "one strike and you lose your good lines forever." I tried complaining that there should be a probation period or something, but I guess they have so many agents they don't care.

Worked for LiveOps? Contribute to the Community!