LiveOps

Updated December 14, 2014
Updated December 14, 2014
3.6

Vasili Triant

Pros
  • Work from home -- no commuting or having to shop for clothes for your work attire (in 61 reviews)

• The ability to have a flexible schedule and to work remote are a huge plus when you have a family at home (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Otherwise you will suffer by getting very low call volume and make very little money (in 16 reviews)

• Things are extremely fast paced because of that it can be hard to get that work/life balance that people need to be successful (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Company with a mission

Current Employee - Sales Director in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Director in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at LiveOps full-time (more than an year)

Pros

LiveOps has been a great company to work for as LiveOps has a mission, knows who they are, and what the company is there to do. Work/life balance has been great as well. It's an exciting time at LiveOps as the Agent side of the business has huge upside as customers bring support back on shore and focus on providing the best quality customer support experience. And the Cloud (technology) side of the business has huge upside given the growth of cloud application companies in general and the robustness of the product. LiveOps also just got a round of funding, made an acquisition and has a new CEO who's really re-energized things.

Cons

I'd say there are a few challenges, as there are anywhere. I think, like any company looking to pivot from a small to a larger player, there are some lines of communications that could be aligned a little more closely. But the company is aware of this and working to fix that.

Focus on the priorities. Listen to your employees. Keep it simple. Higher only the best talent.

Amazing Environment with truly devoted Employees striving for Excellence

Current Employee - Senior Applications Engineer in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Applications Engineer in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at LiveOps full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

People, Company leaders, Innovation, Brain Storming, Work Schedule, Benefits and Pay.

Cons

Demanding Clients, all else is a Pro

Making the Distributed Workforce Model Work

Current Employee - Agent Business in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Agent Business in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at LiveOps full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

LiveOps a unique firm that is both a technology and a service provider. It is at the forefront of providing a truly integrated multi-channel contact-center solution.
    The culture is fun and flexible as seen at several Silicon valley companies. A good number of positions allow employees to work from home a few days a week.
    On the service side, LiveOps offers individuals the ability to have a business providing services out of their home.

Cons

Considering the potential and the diversified stable growth the company has achieved it is difficult to pinpoint any cons.
    If anything, the problem is structural. As in management has not been able to lead various departments to work together in truly synergistic ways. This may be partly due to the individuals in those department as well as due to goals/expectations.

Lead by example. Operate on full disclosure and transparency while being accountable and holding others equally accountable.
    Lead and find ways to encourage synergy and transparency between departments.
    Balance fun to work culture, cost controls, strategic focus and business investment.

LiveOps is a great company to work for.

Current Employee - Business Analyst
    Current Employee - Business Analyst

I have been working at LiveOps full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

LiveOps is the leader in work/life balance. They want their employees to love their work and yet still have a life and time with family. Some employees work 100% from home because LiveOps trusts their staff to get the job done regardless of where they work.

Cons

Amongst tech companies, LiveOps isn't near the top of the pay scale. It would be great if they could put more resources into their employees and keep employee morale up. We recently had a change of leadership and I am hopeful that he will invest in his current employees realizing the long term value they represent.

It would be great if LiveOps would create some solid retention policies, and created a clear path for growth. Promote/Hire from within when possible. This will keep morale up.

LiveOps is place where one can excel and grow with company while very fun place to work!

Current Employee - Senior Customer Support Engineer in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Customer Support Engineer in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at LiveOps full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Smart management, open communication, employee and customer oriented company. Experience a positive corporate culture where individuals feel valued, respected, and capable of making a difference.

Cons

Most of the challenges are coming from fast growing clients and customer capacity.

Let us have more challenges!

Great to be able to help build a winning company

Current Employee - Marketing in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Marketing in London, England (UK)

I have been working at LiveOps full-time (more than an year)

Pros

- Excellent product set that hits the market sweet spot for multichannel cloud contact centres
    - Superb team of people - all pulling together in one direction, and supporting each other. Love being part of what we're building here.
    - Not bounded by my job title - I can see what needs to be done so roll my sleeves up and do it. Great to have that autonomy, and trust.
    - New leadership team (new CEO) adding fresh impetus and momentum, marked by balance of focus on and respect for both customers and employees. Dramatic improvement in employee communication that has re-established a true sense of 'team LiveOps'.

Cons

- Usual challenges/growing pains of a young company in start up mode: how best to apply resource to drive growth at optimum pace? But if you have an opinion on how to work through these challenges, yours will be as valuable an input as everyone else's.

Some of my comments above are typical of those that characterise 'great places to work': trust, team/camaraderie, respect, communication, management credibility, and enjoyment. We have an opportunity to turn LiveOps into a 'great place to work': keep walking the talk, and I'll walk with you.

Good place to work.

Current Employee - Senior Applications Engineer
    Current Employee - Senior Applications Engineer

I have been working at LiveOps full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I've been at LiveOps for 3 years. Nice office, free food, friendly atmosphere. Open collaborative work environment. SIP lounge to hang out in - have a beer. Nice culture. Executives walk around and talk to people. Clear strategy - to build the SaaS cloud platform. Growing internationally.

Cons

A lot of growth and more complex projects. Just acquired another company, adding to complexity. Not enough time.

Continue to provide open communication and fun, open environment. Expand SaaS platform.

Liveops Experience

Former Employee - NOC Engineer in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - NOC Engineer in Tempe, AZ

I worked at LiveOps full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Hacker driven company. Really appriciated everyones input on issues

Cons

The company has since started away with home grown apps and moved to 3rd party.

With LiveOps for over 3 years plus

Current Employee - Agent
    Current Employee - Agent

I have been working at LiveOps as a contractor

Pros

LiveOps is the luxury car of virtual call centers. The dashboard, learning university, forums, chat rooms, ease of scheduling--the best. Payment is reliable.

Cons

In the last year 2013 there is increasing poor communication with the agent community. Agent Facilitator helpers disappearing without a word. Agent support shrinking. Agents feeling unheard, alone, and ignored. Too many agents, not enough work. Somebody has ruined this lovely company.

Bring back the Agent Facilitators who were in charge of 200 agents each. You could call them, go on weekly conference calls with your team, talk with other team members and hear about the lines they were working on. Moral support is important for agents.

Perfect Job for a College Girl!

Former Employee - Call Center Agent in Vicksburg, MS
    Former Employee - Call Center Agent in Vicksburg, MS

I worked at LiveOps as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Flexible schedule, pretty good pay depending on what you put in, and a great chat center to interact with other agents

Cons

Low call volume some days, you have to take many calls and get incentives to see a good pay, and they don't contract with contractors in certain areas such as where I live (MA)

Keep doing the great work and creating income opportunities for independent contractors