LiveOps Reviews

Updated April 24, 2015
251 reviews filtered by

Worse Work @ Home Company Now!

I worked at LiveOps

Pros

Work uncommitted, work from home

Cons

No Communication from upper management when they decide to make changes to your home base business. They terminate contracts without a warning or a reason. They have recently issued a lot of compliance events and pulled people off of their calling lines for no reason. Most of the people that were issued Compliance Events and removed from calls were agents that were with the company for many years. Great stellar agents that worked hard. LiveOps has failed to provide reasons for what has been happening for the last month. They have definitely changed for the worse. They are nitpicking on how people sound on the phone now and writing them up for no reason. They have recently hired a bunch of people to fill many of the positions of those terminated or removed from calls. I am shocked on how they are behaving and warn people this is not a stable work at home job. You can be working one day and log on the next day and find a compliance event or termination due to no fault of your own. So don't walk but RUN from this company!

I encourage all former as well as active agents to contact their local USDOL to seek action against LiveOps for their unethical practices. They are treating Independent Contractors as employees with these "at will" terminations. In fact LiveOps is breaching the agents Independent Contract by terminating them or disciplining them without a valid cause. They won their last misclassification lawsuit a few years ago. But that was then and this is now and the things that have been going on with the company now is violating state, federal and local laws. So stand up and take action and make your voice heard!

Advice to Management

Better Communication with your agents on how they can improve their home base business. Communicate with agents instead of abruptly terminating them or preventing them from receiving calls.

Glory days are passed for the At Home Call Center (independent contractor at home agent perspective)

Current Employee - At Home Agent in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - At Home Agent in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at LiveOps full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

None. The stress does not justify remaining contracted with Company

Cons

I contend that schedule roll outs are filtered favoring some agents, regardless of the agent's stats. Routing calls to the best available agent is a farce Company likes to claim, there may be technology in use that can sense when particular agents have their schedule open and when their mouse is attempting to catch a commit. The use of this technology may be used to steer agents to lines/hours the Company wants covered. This can't be proven just experienced. Seems paranoic but it's a willing risk. This company's tactics and practices when relating to its at home agents is appalling. It appears only one person is trying to keep it all together and failing terribly.

Advice to Management

For a company that once bragged about having so much money and not knowing what to do with it, I'd suggest setting up lines of communication for the at home call center agents to communicate with management not with the baby sitters put in place trained to give canned responses. Does upper management or Marty Beard even know what is going on with the staff that oversees the at home agents. Does he know there are currently several hundred if not thousands of agents having their contracts dismissed without cause, there is mass hysteria and stress placed on the agents who don't know where to turn for answers, schedules filtered or cut off, and no one in authority is available to explain what is happening, paying less and less, constant technical issues unaddressed. Yet, precious little is communicated to the at home agents, whether it's procedural changes, technical issues, even invoice issues. What is going on? The quality of the at home arm has certainly degenerated. Perhaps someone has made a huge technical mistake with the network that cannot easily be corrected, thus the mass bogus and inflated CEs (infractions). ICs are isolated and helpless and certainly underappreciated. The at home call center arm does nothing to dispel this. Being an IC does not give license to treat the agents poorly or unethically. And compelling agents to sign a contract indemnifying the company of any kind of responsibility whatsoever exemplifies this company's disdain for ICs and subtle intimidation. There is plenty of protection for the company and none for the ICs. Stop publicly bragging, suspend hiring the unsuspecting. Communicate if At home is shuttering.

In some instances, this job is like a telemarketing job that with incoming calls.

Current Employee - Telemarketer- LiveOps Calls Us Operator Agents in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at LiveOps full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I will give an example of what working here is like. Think of all those nifty products that are sold on TV at 1 or 2 am. You call the 1-800 number and you get a LiveOps operator. You order product, and you want to hang up, that is when the magic starts, You are scripted to read and up sell to the customer at least another 5 offers before you can place the order or the customer threatens to hand up, and you are monitored on your call time you can not go over, because you are being paid a whole quarter per minute! Yes that's right a quarter per talk time only....example you work an eight hour shift, and in 8 hours you get 60 minutes total, if you are lucky of talk time you get paid a quarter x 60 = $15 for an 8 hour shift!!!! And don't forget you are supposedly self employed, so you gotta pay your own taxes. Oh and just try to make the conversation with the customer long you will get called out on that too, How this place stays in business is really beyond me. Oh yeah let's not forget the extra $1 you get if you are lucky enough to do an up sell after making the customer listen to 10 offers after they placed the order and they do it just to get off the phone.....Now I can afford that porshe I've been saving up for!

Cons

Refer to the above!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The pros and cons are the same there are no pros, People will say oh at least you don't have to drive to your job...that is good Because in this case if you did had to drive to LiveOps could not afford to on LiveOps quarter per minute

Advice to Management

Management is set up the way they are because they claim that we are self employed people!
    That is why they are rude and not helpful...by law they can't help you, because if they did that jeopardize the fact that they say we are self employed. Do you guys get it now. They gotta walk that fine line or uncle sam will force them to pay by the hour and not get away with paying a quarter per minute

Unethical churning of human beings, poor treatment by Liveops

I worked at LiveOps

Pros

flexibility of hours, no more than that

Cons

terminated suddenly, no excuse given except for vague reference to a phone call. They charged me with "upselling", when their was only ONE product to be offered. They did not need a real reason to terminate, they fabricated a reason. I asked for redress or an explanation, none was given. I have worked as an agent and manager in the insurance industry for almost two decades. NEVER have I been treated so disrespectfully than by liveops....RUN, don't walk away from this company

Advice to Management

Know this: I will spend a considerable amount of time criticizing your unethical treatment of agent contractors....You are detestable and despicable in your treatment of agents that have excellent metrics.......You haven't heard the last of me............

BIGGEST SCAMMERS ON THE PLANET

Current Employee - Insurance Agent
    Current Employee - Insurance Agent

I have been working at LiveOps part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I CAN'T THINK OF ANY

Cons

They make you believe you can make money with them, so you take a huge number of exams, get insurance licenses in three states and I even added another one. I passed the oral exam and written exams and was pretty excited to go on my first call. After my first day of calling, I got a report that said I didn't meet my commitments, which was a total lie, because I was on the phone the whole time. Their report says I logged off, which I never logged off during my commitment. This happened every day for a week and I never could get anyone to help me. I finally got a nice lady that told me my modem was not the right one, so I went out and spent more money on a Static IP line to make sure Live Ops wasn't logging me off somehow, when in fact I was online. Even after I had the Static IP line installed, it was still giving me a report that said I wasn't making my commitments and my performance was bad. I even sent them copies of reports that showed them I was online the whole time, and they still wouldn't listen and told me some bs about that being the total time I was on the phone but I had logged off, which I never did. Well duh, so how can they say I'm not online, when it shows that I was online? There's nobody to talk to there, no live human, and agents can't talk to the IT person, so there's absolutely no help available. So, whatever you do, please do not get hooked into believing this company is legit because it is far from the truth. A few times I was on the phone I got no calls at all and one day I got one call and made $.85. You can sit there for hours with no calls. It's a shame that people get scammed into working for a company like this when we are all out there struggling to make a living.

Advice to Management

You need to provide real help to your agents and have a phone number to an IT person, and a phone number for live help, that is, if you care. An agent cannot get help from anyone there. The only help I got was a danged report from the person I sent an email to, which I could look up myself. I got no help whatsoever from anyone so I had to quit so I could make a living. Plus, how could we approve of the CEO when we can't even see who that person is. Your system apparently kept logging me off and I had no idea it di, because my phone panel read "available." So how can a person know if they are logged off on your end, when my end says I'm not?

Worst Company EVER! Want to sue them? Count me in!

Former Contractor - Independent Contractor in San Antonio, TX
    Former Contractor - Independent Contractor in San Antonio, TX

I worked at LiveOps as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible work schedule, that's about it.

Cons

They will terminate your contract for false reasons and provide no proof. Even if you provide proof to the contrary they will not hear it. If anyone wants to start a lawsuit then count me in! On top of that it is super hard to get hours and if you do then you are often sitting with no call volume. In the end the time you sit waiting versus the busy times makes this a below average paying job.

Advice to Management

Have some ethics and stop terminating good agents without proof!

Unethical procedures

Former Contractor - Independent Agent
    Former Contractor - Independent Agent

I worked at LiveOps as a contractor

Pros

You will get paid for your work. You make your own hours and the schedule requirements are flexible.

Cons

Liveops is not a reliable "job." They are intended to use as additional income only. They will terminate your contract and never give you proof as to why. They terminated my contract once because they claim I never renewed my contract, which was a lie. They also claimed that I committed a violation that NEVER happened. This company will flat out make up reasons to terminate your contract and never respond to your messages or concerns. My experience with them was the most ridiculous work-related situation I have ever encountered. My advice is: If you work for them, make all the money you can, but NEVER get too comfortable and always keep other jobs or sources of income. You can't build a solid house on a shaky foundation.

Advice to Management

Have a conscious. Start doing the right thing. Do not terminate an agent's contract without providing proof of wrong doing. Have better communication where you can actually speak to a human instead of emails that do not get responded to.

Horrible Business

Former Contractor - LiveOps Contractor in San Antonio, TX
    Former Contractor - LiveOps Contractor in San Antonio, TX

I worked at LiveOps as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

None. They are the worst place to contract ever.

Cons

They will boot you for no reason and never give proof.

Advice to Management

Get it together. Prove why you are dismissing contractors and give them an opportunity to correct whatever you are dismissing them for. Or at least answer their post boxes when they ask why they were termed.

Read between the lines on the 5 star reviews

I worked at LiveOps

Pros

...That I don't work there anymore and know that I will never work a job again that is as bad as this one.

Cons

Disorganized management, cruel management, work-life balance rigged towards management, call-center people get nothing for sitting on their pc's waiting for a call...

Advice to Management

Go away. Go away and quit subverting American labor laws.

Not worth your time and effort!

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at LiveOps part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Ability to work from home. That is it!

Cons

You are mostly taking calls for infomercials and you have to upsell repeatedly sometimes 2 or 3 additional products for each call. If the poor customer says no a script pops up for you to try to convinve them again. At the end of calls you had to offer magazine subscriptions.
    If you are good at selling a certain product that is All the calls you will get and believe me back to back calls selling certain products will burn you out FAST!
    They don't pay per hour. It is .25 per minute of talk time which is riduculous!
    Hard to get hours for yourself!!!

Advice to Management

Join the real world and at LEAST pay per hour scheduled!