LiveOps

Updated November 21, 2014
Updated November 21, 2014
3.6

Vasili Triant

Pros
  • Work from home -- no commuting or having to shop for clothes for your work attire (in 61 reviews)

• The ability to have a flexible schedule and to work remote are a huge plus when you have a family at home (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Otherwise you will suffer by getting very low call volume and make very little money (in 15 reviews)

• Things are extremely fast paced because of that it can be hard to get that work/life balance that people need to be successful (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

BIGGEST SCAMMERS ON THE PLANET

Current Employee - Insurance Agent
    Current Employee - Insurance Agent

I have been working at LiveOps part-time (less than an year)

Pros

I CAN'T THINK OF ANY

Cons

They make you believe you can make money with them, so you take a huge number of exams, get insurance licenses in three states and I even added another one. I passed the oral exam and written exams and was pretty excited to go on my first call. After my first day of calling, I got a report that said I didn't meet my commitments, which was a total lie, because I was on the phone the whole time. Their report says I logged off, which I never logged off during my commitment. This happened every day for a week and I never could get anyone to help me. I finally got a nice lady that told me my modem was not the right one, so I went out and spent more money on a Static IP line to make sure Live Ops wasn't logging me off somehow, when in fact I was online. Even after I had the Static IP line installed, it was still giving me a report that said I wasn't making my commitments and my performance was bad. I even sent them copies of reports that showed them I was online the whole time, and they still wouldn't listen and told me some bs about that being the total time I was on the phone but I had logged off, which I never did. Well duh, so how can they say I'm not online, when it shows that I was online? There's nobody to talk to there, no live human, and agents can't talk to the IT person, so there's absolutely no help available. So, whatever you do, please do not get hooked into believing this company is legit because it is far from the truth. A few times I was on the phone I got no calls at all and one day I got one call and made $.85. You can sit there for hours with no calls. It's a shame that people get scammed into working for a company like this when we are all out there struggling to make a living.

You need to provide real help to your agents and have a phone number to an IT person, and a phone number for live help, that is, if you care. An agent cannot get help from anyone there. The only help I got was a danged report from the person I sent an email to, which I could look up myself. I got no help whatsoever from anyone so I had to quit so I could make a living. Plus, how could we approve of the CEO when we can't even see who that person is. Your system apparently kept logging me off and I had no idea it di, because my phone panel read "available." So how can a person know if they are logged off on your end, when my end says I'm not?

Worst Company EVER! Want to sue them? Count me in!

Former Employee - Independent Contractor in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Independent Contractor in San Antonio, TX

I worked at LiveOps as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible work schedule, that's about it.

Cons

They will terminate your contract for false reasons and provide no proof. Even if you provide proof to the contrary they will not hear it. If anyone wants to start a lawsuit then count me in! On top of that it is super hard to get hours and if you do then you are often sitting with no call volume. In the end the time you sit waiting versus the busy times makes this a below average paying job.

Have some ethics and stop terminating good agents without proof!

Unethical procedures

Former Employee - Independent Agent
    Former Employee - Independent Agent

I worked at LiveOps as a contractor

Pros

You will get paid for your work. You make your own hours and the schedule requirements are flexible.

Cons

Liveops is not a reliable "job." They are intended to use as additional income only. They will terminate your contract and never give you proof as to why. They terminated my contract once because they claim I never renewed my contract, which was a lie. They also claimed that I committed a violation that NEVER happened. This company will flat out make up reasons to terminate your contract and never respond to your messages or concerns. My experience with them was the most ridiculous work-related situation I have ever encountered. My advice is: If you work for them, make all the money you can, but NEVER get too comfortable and always keep other jobs or sources of income. You can't build a solid house on a shaky foundation.

Have a conscious. Start doing the right thing. Do not terminate an agent's contract without providing proof of wrong doing. Have better communication where you can actually speak to a human instead of emails that do not get responded to.

Horrible Business

Former Employee - LiveOps Contractor in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - LiveOps Contractor in San Antonio, TX

I worked at LiveOps as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

None. They are the worst place to contract ever.

Cons

They will boot you for no reason and never give proof.

Get it together. Prove why you are dismissing contractors and give them an opportunity to correct whatever you are dismissing them for. Or at least answer their post boxes when they ask why they were termed.

Read between the lines on the 5 star reviews

I worked at LiveOps

Pros

...That I don't work there anymore and know that I will never work a job again that is as bad as this one.

Cons

Disorganized management, cruel management, work-life balance rigged towards management, call-center people get nothing for sitting on their pc's waiting for a call...

Go away. Go away and quit subverting American labor laws.

Not worth your time and effort!

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at LiveOps part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Ability to work from home. That is it!

Cons

You are mostly taking calls for infomercials and you have to upsell repeatedly sometimes 2 or 3 additional products for each call. If the poor customer says no a script pops up for you to try to convinve them again. At the end of calls you had to offer magazine subscriptions.
    If you are good at selling a certain product that is All the calls you will get and believe me back to back calls selling certain products will burn you out FAST!
    They don't pay per hour. It is .25 per minute of talk time which is riduculous!
    Hard to get hours for yourself!!!

Join the real world and at LEAST pay per hour scheduled!

Legit company that sells products that are a scam.

Current Employee - Work From Home Customer Service Representative in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at LiveOps part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Liveops is definitely a legit company. I've worked for them for about 2 years and have never had a problem with pay. Liveops indiscriminately sells products and does customer service for many different companies.

Live ops sales products for some legit companies like Pizza Hut and 1-800 FLOWERS. (See cons.)

You can get back to back calls during their busy season if you prove you're reliable and a good sales person.

Cons

Liveops does what the company they're selling or doing customer service for hires them to do. So the customer service rep (you) ends up selling a LOT of VERY questionable products and working as an accomplice in many underhanded sales methods. For example, you will be selling books by people who have gone to jail for being con men and giving out fake customer service numbers to customers.

The pay can be ridiculously low. Liveops pays by the minute of talk time.

You can get very few calls during their non-busy seasons and if you arent' the best sales person. I mean like 2 two minute calls an hour. Real talk.

Yall know what I'm talking about.

All the Silicon Valley Talent is Gone - Now Just a Bunch of Remote Call Center People

I have been working at LiveOps full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Matching 401K
    Decent Medical
    Ability to work remotely
    Fresh fruit and free soda

Cons

Underpaid and terrible morale - all the talented (and educated) people either left on their own or were laid off to make room for the cheaper (uneducated) call center people who are so happy to have a job that they will basically work for free. Lots of micromanagement by unqualified people put in senior positions.

So many layoffs I have actually lost count. Management is highly unprofessional and most are uneducated- its hard to take a supervisor seriously when you and your coworkers can run intellectual laps around them.

Figure out where the company is going - if you want to just be a call center than continue back filling all the local talent with mid-west call center people with no professional skill set whatsoever. If you want to be the cutting edge technology company that we used to be start hiring talented people again. You get what you pay for - which is probably why there are layoffs every quarter.

Get a CEO who actually works out of the corporate office and doesn't live a plane flight away and no, opening an office in San Diego does not count - neither did the office in San Francisco that only e-staff could work from. CEO needs to get over his elitist attitude and actually do something.

Be honest - Tell HR to stop insulting our intelligence (the remaining ones who have some) with emails trying to convince us that another perk is being taken away but it really is a good thing. No - mandatory unpaid week long company shutdown's are not a good thing. Neither are caps on PTO (to save you money when you lay us off) , new bonus structures that pay out less, or free goldfish crackers in replacement of free lunch.

Lots of SMART people got out, and many more will follow if things don't get better soon.

Current Employee - Program Specialist in Santa Clarita, CA
    Current Employee - Program Specialist in Santa Clarita, CA

I have been working at LiveOps full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Ability to work from home
    Decent Medical Package
    Matching 401K

Cons

Overworked, underpaid, cliques, low morale, disorganization, little direction, constant fires that need to be dealt with, layoffs every quarter, constant changes to supposedly make things better, but they end up only adding to the workload, unprofessional and uneducated managers (I have a degree, and my supervisor does not. I'm actually not even sure how she even has a job at all actually), no hope of advancement, no job security, horrible communication, lack of clear goals, office politics and gossip.

Figure out where the company is going and communicate the plan to all of the employees, not just CA employees and Directors, make every employee feel valued, compensate employees more, encourage more interaction between employees in the office and those who work remotely so remote people don't feel so completely cut off and looked down upon. Realize that most of the "Community" department is really unhappy because they feel overworked, unappreciated, and underpaid and are actively seeking employment elsewhere. I don't know one person who is happy. Also, bring back the opportunity to ask anonymous questions at All Hands meetings. Everyone is afraid to ask questions now (if they are actually even given the opportunity).

Pure Chaos

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at LiveOps as a contractor (more than 8 years)

Pros

Has not been a Pro with this company since 2009 when they went public.

Cons

This company does not know how to honor its own contracts. It is promising its clients things that it should not.
    There is too much effort put into cutting costs.
     Most calls routed to agents are not getting through due to out dated equipment.
    Too many changes without thinking things through means more changes.