LiveOps

Updated December 19, 2014
Updated December 19, 2014
3.6

Vasili Triant

Pros
  • Work from home -- no commuting or having to shop for clothes for your work attire (in 61 reviews)

• The ability to have a flexible schedule and to work remote are a huge plus when you have a family at home (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Otherwise you will suffer by getting very low call volume and make very little money (in 16 reviews)

• Things are extremely fast paced because of that it can be hard to get that work/life balance that people need to be successful (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Our new CEO Vasili Triant ROCKS & he's making LiveOps a better place to work!

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at LiveOps full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Vasili, our new CEO is really committed to making LiveOps better, for the employees & customers. He's blown open the (previously shut) doors of communication. He is genuine, caring and has high expectations of LiveOps and the employees as a whole. Since he took over as our leader the vibe here has gotten so positive and filled with anticipation.
    In May I was ready to look for a new job. In June Vasili became our CEO. By the beginning of July I knew I wanted to be a part of what Vasili is building. It's August now and I'm more sure of & excited about my decision to stay than I was when I made it - HOLLA! :)
    I'm SUPER excited to see where Vasili is going to lead us. It's a great time to work at LiveOps.
    The people I work with & around are great! There's an expectation that each person does their part. Period. No slackers. I love that!
    LiveOps gets that to be a good employee you have to have a good balance between work & life - that balance is very important to me.

Cons

Anything I'd point out is already being addressed, so I really don't have any cons.

Keep moving forward & keep communicating!

Growing company with the typical challenges of a fast paced environment

I have been working at LiveOps

Pros

Focused on innovation, good people, good leadership, competitive compensation, room for advancement. Solid vision from the CEO on down.

Cons

fast paced and lots of change so could be tough for people that don't appreciate change. long hours, however the rewards are worth it.

Stay focused on innovation of our products and the rest will follow. Continue to shape positive change within the organization. Very excited to see where we're going.

A renewed focus by the executive team positions LiveOps for much success.

Current Employee - Director
    Current Employee - Director

I have been working at LiveOps full-time

Pros

The business model here is outstanding, and can become the standard in the customer service market. Talented employees committed to the company's success in both aspects of the business (technology platform and agent outsourcing). New CEO brings a refreshing leadership style.

Cons

Company direction has been somewhat unclear in the past. Greater clarity and resource commitment to the path forward is required.

Continue the practice of increased communication from the CEO office.

Waste of time and money

Current Employee - Operator in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Operator in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at LiveOps part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Seems legit until you have to pay 65 bucks. And wait, wait, wait.....it's been 4 weeks and there's NOTHING on my credit report and background check so they basically stole from me. I'm thinking if filing a complaint with the bbb on them and that shady background company they use called first advantage.

Cons

It is a scam, 65 bucks for what?? A con and a scam

STAY AWAY- unless you're an agent- then may be fine

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at LiveOps full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Not many honestly.

The product is in demand on the platform side- but they just fired everyone from platform as best as i can tell- so not sure what to say there. On the agent side, the product is in demand- but not from infomercial market- which was an important source of revenue in the past.

There's lots of opportunities to take on new responsibilities and work cross functionally- but i found it difficult to complete projects due to lack of resources and constantly changing priorities form the management team.

Cons

2 different business units and a lack of direction between the two. Junior leadership team especially since the last CEO left the company. Generally negative environment and a constant feeling that something bad was going to happen. Recently, there was a large layoff. So, maybe it just did happen.

Also felt like the leadership team really doesn't respect each other- seemed like they were battling constantly.

Bonuses were rarely paid- so I guess we weren't hitting our targets. Sales leadership was young and, i guess, not performing. Confused as SVP of sales in now interim CEO.

Rumors that the company was always about to be sold off- there are more of those rumors now.

Less rah rah speeches and slogans- more results and cooperation.

New sales leadership and generally new leadership as the current team never got it done.

Started off Great Ended Poorly

Former Employee - Virtual Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Virtual Sales Representative

I worked at LiveOps as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Work From home whenever you choose (or so they say) 24hrs/7 days- flexible scheduling, pay is always on time and accurate

Cons

Even though the independent contract you sign says you can work whenever you like, you are penalized through performance metric ratings for not taking calls, even though you are not supposed to be rated on performance if you have not taken at least 25 calls, you are given a low performance rating after not working for a short period of time even when your absence was due to hospitalization, management refused to listen or care, even when it is documented that during the times you made calls there was not a low performance rating, you will be removed from the ability to make a decent income should you require time off due to illness and no one in management cares or will take the time to listen to you.

Provisions should be made for people who need to take time off due to illness or other things out of their control so that when the crisis is over one can return to work. Also, management should stop treating people like numbers and giving canned responses as if everyones issue can be resoved with the same advice. Replies from community service are hardly ever helpful to anyone and neither is the support from the live chat, provided you are lucky enough to get a live person to chat with. All responses are canned, and most time you are left wondering if the person even read your question completely before responding.

SalesPro line

Current Employee - Salespro Line Agent in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Salespro Line Agent in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at LiveOps as a contractor (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good pay and flexible work at home options.

Cons

Easy to lose your contract even though you produce.

If a person has been salespro and top 10% for years then has a bad month and you take the contract away have away to get it back.

Liveops is a great legitmate company!!

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA

I worked at LiveOps part-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

You can set your own hours and actually set your own pay. It all depends on how much you are willing to work. I love Liveops.

Cons

Not being able to pick up the phone and talk/explain your issues you may be having. Very little tech support help when you need it. Also, when QA monitor calls they are not always right and they are quick to end your contract. I think that is so wrong.

Management need to change the procedures of writing agents up. It is unfair to the agent because we can't even explain our side.

Waste of time

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at LiveOps as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Working from home picking your own hours and working with customers

Cons

You pay $65.00 knowing you have a great background to pass background check yet they say you dnt meet guidelines and take your money

Lower background check if you intend not to hire a person with a great background just to take money

Great place to work for!! Live Ops Rocks!!

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at LiveOps full-time (more than an year)

Pros

This is a terrific company to work for!! My managers and co workers are the most supportive fun loving people I have ever met. They support me in every facet of my job!!

Cons

I have no cons since I truly love this place. Great place to work!!

Keep up the great work!! You guys truly care about the employees!! It's so nice to see this!!