LiveOps

www.liveops.com
Employer Engaged

The best work at home place to work!!!

Current Contractor - At Home Based Phone Representative in Atlanta, GA
    Current Contractor - At Home Based Phone Representative in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at LiveOps as a contractor (more than 8 years)

Pros

The company offers unlimited income with opportunity to make money on several line groups. 24/7 flexibility, and no taxes taken out of your checks!

Cons

The only downside is the company strictly operates based on conversion and performance. You have to be a sale maker and not just a call taker. Otherwise you will suffer by getting very low call volume and make very little money.

Even though we are the peons in the company, we are still hard workers and we are human. Offer increased per minute rates and special bonuses. It helps us and makes us feel appreciated. We have families to take care of. Give us a shift premium for slow lines for dedicated agents. We dont want to sit on the phones all day and make very little money.

Awesome Opportunity

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at LiveOps full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Work from home, schedule and work as much as you want to or as little as you need to, training is available on a wide variety of products and management is great as well.

Cons

Need a quiet office space, no benefits aside from working from home which is a huge plus when you can work from home so it is so flexible. The compensation is slow to begin with but with all of the incentives you make up for it..

None at all

Work from home

I have been working at LiveOps part-time

Pros

Been with them for over 5 yrs, just as a part time. If you commit you can make this a regular money making

Cons

NO CONS, THE ONLY THING IS THAT PAY YOU GET PAID BY TALK TIME

Independent Agent - Insurance Agent- Independent Contractor

Current Employee - Licensed Insurance Agent in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Licensed Insurance Agent in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at LiveOps full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Living in an area that has tough winters, working at home is priceless. Grabbing a cup of coffee and going to work while others are outside scraping off windshields is very rewarding, not to mention more lucrative. Setting hours as an independent contractor allows flexibility otherwise not available in the corporate job market. Be your own boss and set the bar as high as you'd like!

Cons

Too many to count and would be happy to share if the opportunity ever presents itself and the management staff really comes across in a way that makes me think they really want to know, rather than just listening to pacify.

As an agent who is working very hard to be a success with Liveops, you simply cannot deny human beings the right to a vacation, time off due to a death in their family or a medical leave. And to have any sort of penalty associated with those times is really stretching the boundary line of the independent contractor/company contract. While you cannot dictate hours worked, you also should not be afforded a way around it either. To me, the metric system is nothing more than a way of dictating time worked without actually coming right out and doing it. It's a fine line and one that is being stretched further and further. Also, because the "metric rules" have been determined and communicated, they haven't always been in place and to give some agents a line back and deny others is a bad managerial call.

Good company, great culture, uncertain about their future.....

I worked at LiveOps full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Wonderful people and great culture! small enough that you get to know everyone in the company if you want. Real team spirit at work. Things are extremely fast paced.

Cons

Things are extremely fast paced because of that it can be hard to get that work/life balance that people need to be successful. Unfortunately there poor communication throughout the company.

Allow your employees to have a work/life balance.
    Create transparency in your communication with all of your employees.
    Find strong leaders that can move the company forward while growing revenue and retain quality employees.

Didn't enjoy this work.

Former Contractor - Customer Service Representative
    Former Contractor - Customer Service Representative

I worked at LiveOps as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

This was OK for a part time "job" however it is not a job, you are an independent contractor. Working from home was great and the flexibility in scheduling was a plus.

Cons

Reading the scripts was tedious and the customers weren't great to deal with because you're dealing with people calling in to order infomercial products. There are other lines of customer service with them but I was not a part of those so I cannot comment on them.

Virtual Service Representative

Current Contractor - Virtual Service Representative in Redwood City, CA
    Current Contractor - Virtual Service Representative in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at LiveOps as a contractor (more than 5 years)

Pros

I like LiveOps because of the flexibility. I have contracted for 7 years and it has been very steady and dependable. Generally, if you follow what their system requires, you can make a decent income.

Cons

I don't care for the way that the sales metrics are administered. You are very little more than just a warm body.

They need to first be clear on their policies . Then improve communication to and with agents. There needs to be more of a human touch and not canned responses to agents questions. People realize that nothing is guaranteed but transparency and honesty is appreciated. Making/changing rules midstream without them being fully understood is not. Treat your agents with respect not lip service!

Lack of meaningful support and Affinity programs

Former Employee - Independent Agent
    Former Employee - Independent Agent

I worked at LiveOps part-time (less than a year)

Pros

flexible hours and good pay

Cons

There is no verbal contact whatsoever...only texts. Due to a slight hearing loss I used more time than recommended.
    I was gradually removed from programs where I did well and after all of my scores fell I was removed!!! Affinity programs are a real money maker for LiveOps but they border on criminal and take advantage of low income, poorly educated and elderly clients.

Be more available and upgrade the Affinity programs.

Loved the flexibility and being able to work from home.

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at LiveOps as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

Love the flexibility and the ability to work from home and was always paid on time.

Cons

Sometimes hard to get hours, or calls. Won't hire you if you have a judgement on your credit report which has nothing to do with whether you can do the job.

Please change your policy on having a judgement on credit report. Because I don't have medical insurance, so had an judgement. I had left because I needed to update my computer before I could continue after 3 years with you, but I was turned down because of a judgement. I understand the criminal back ground check, but to deny me employment because of it, makes no sense to me.

Our new CEO Vasili Triant ROCKS & he's making LiveOps a better place to work!

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at LiveOps full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Vasili, our new CEO is really committed to making LiveOps better, for the employees & customers. He's blown open the (previously shut) doors of communication. He is genuine, caring and has high expectations of LiveOps and the employees as a whole. Since he took over as our leader the vibe here has gotten so positive and filled with anticipation.
    In May I was ready to look for a new job. In June Vasili became our CEO. By the beginning of July I knew I wanted to be a part of what Vasili is building. It's August now and I'm more sure of & excited about my decision to stay than I was when I made it - HOLLA! :)
    I'm SUPER excited to see where Vasili is going to lead us. It's a great time to work at LiveOps.
    The people I work with & around are great! There's an expectation that each person does their part. Period. No slackers. I love that!
    LiveOps gets that to be a good employee you have to have a good balance between work & life - that balance is very important to me.

Cons

Anything I'd point out is already being addressed, so I really don't have any cons.

Keep moving forward & keep communicating!