LiveOps Reviews

Updated September 14, 2014
Updated September 14, 2014
3.5

Vasili Triant

Pros
  • Work from home -- no commuting or having to shop for clothes for your work attire (in 50 reviews)

• The ability to have a flexible schedule and to work remote are a huge plus when you have a family at home (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • LiveOps controls your call volume and call lines (in 12 reviews)

• You are paid by your talk time 0 (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights

This company has given me the opportunity to grow in ways that I couldn't imagine!

Current Employee - Program Manager
    Current Employee - Program Manager

I have been working at LiveOps full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

There are too many pros to list, but I will try. First off, being able to work remotely has given me the ability to save money on gas and other expenses while being here for my daughter when she needs me (for example, if she is home sick from school, even though I am working I am here with her). I have a manager that guides me and helps me to discover solutions on my own vs telling me how it will be done. This has allowed me to grow tremendously. She is more of a safety net than a "boss". If she see me heading in the wrong direction, she will reel me in, but ultimately, she wants me to be creative and innovative. The atmosphere is amazing. My co-workers are like a second family. I love the people I work with.

Cons

At times it feels like we are trying to do too much with too little. We need more resources so that we can really soar as a company.

Rewarding Challenges

I have been working at LiveOps full-time for more than a year

Pros

With a startup culture you’ll never be bored. There are a lot of great projects to get involved in and new systems coming online to help magnify the value of the back office so we can do the tedious work faster and take on the more interesting value added challenged.

Cons

This is more of a challenge... there is a lot to work on, so being selected on what you focus on is key. Make your deliverables and don’t get distracted unless you have time to help out with other projects. BTW, if you're a workaholic, you'll find it tough to leave ;)

It’s all about velocity and communication to all of the parts of the company.

Moving in the right direction

Current Employee - Community Services Team Lead  in  Cary, NC
    Current Employee - Community Services Team Lead in Cary, NC

I have been working at LiveOps full-time for more than a year

Pros

Well rounded company, great culture for its employees. Work from home employment, decent benefits. Open policy, your opinions, suggestions, and feedback is sought after, no matter your job description. Under New CEO, renewed hope and great optimism for this company. Very excited to see where we are headed and even more so, to be a part of it. I am very happy here.

Cons

No-Cons. Very fast paced in terms of movement/tasks - not for those who like to work in slower paced environments.

Keep focusing on a positive employee culture, this is being felt across the board. When it's acknowledged that what we do matters and IS a vital part of the big picture, this ensures that employees will go above and beyond to do their best. Keep up the great strides, and here is to positive growth!

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Flexible hours, but the rest is not worth it

Current Employee - Phone Sales Consultant  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Phone Sales Consultant in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at LiveOps full-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexible schedule, potential to earn a lot, a variety of opportunities to sign up for, lots of support, chat help is very nice. The software system you use is online and the best, most organized out there. You don't have to download a bunch of stuff, it's all within one login, which is almost non-existent for work at home companies.

Cons

Terrible metrics, one bad mark and you lose your good, money-making lines. The commits (hours on schedule) are VERY hard to get, there are a lot of agents that work here and you have to compete with them all at the same time to click on little squares to get your schedule. WAY too many people work for them. No benefits, you are an Independent Contractor. No real room to move up except work more hours. The affinities you sell at the end are very, very fishy. Not sure they are totally legit.

Give more changes to low performance. It shouldn't be "one strike and you lose your good lines forever." I tried complaining that there should be a probation period or something, but I guess they have so many agents they don't care.

SalesPro line

Current Employee - Salespro Line Agent  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Salespro Line Agent in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at LiveOps as a contractor for more than 5 years

Pros

Good pay and flexible work at home options.

Cons

Easy to lose your contract even though you produce.

If a person has been salespro and top 10% for years then has a bad month and you take the contract away have away to get it back.

Lies, and then....more Lies....

Current Employee - Call Center Agent  in  Fayetteville, NC
    Current Employee - Call Center Agent in Fayetteville, NC

I have been working at LiveOps as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

You'll learn a lot about what to watch out for in the "work-from-home" industry and be very familiar with all red flags for future searches.

Cons

No direct communication. False Promises of available work (it's a lottery system where you pray for hours until you prove yourself, which you can't do unless you can click on the mystery floating availability block before everyone else in your position), poor description of program.

Consider brushing up on the idea of ethics and not promise hours or opportunities you cannot deliver.

Waste of time

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at LiveOps as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Working from home picking your own hours and working with customers

Cons

You pay $65.00 knowing you have a great background to pass background check yet they say you dnt meet guidelines and take your money

Lower background check if you intend not to hire a person with a great background just to take money

Was once great. That time has passed.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Redwood City, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I worked at LiveOps full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Flexibility
    People are nice
    New CEO should help morale
    Work from home sometimes

Cons

Extreme workload
    No work life balance
    Constant layoffs in areas that need it the most
    New CEO can't fix what is broken

The agent business is your core business and revenue. Quit ignoring it.

In general , it was nice experience to work at LiveOps

Former Employee - Director  in  Redwood City, CA
    Former Employee - Director in Redwood City, CA

I worked at LiveOps full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

the working culture was good and company promoted innovation. They had two times hackdays per year :) The technology management teams also picked up 1-2 projects of them and rolled them to the production.

Cons

The base pay for the employees which joined the company a long time ago were too lower. The company needs to have a retention plan for employees.

It will be better to increase pay base.

Great Place to Work

I have been working at LiveOps full-time

Pros

Friendly people, management are personable but very professional as well. Good life/work balance, but could give more vacation time. Company is taking on more customers rapidly, fast growth and new CRM products have been acquired. There are monthly 4 PM cocktail hours, World Cup viewing parties in the office. Occasional offsite events are fun as well. Office is in an attractive park-like setting with ponds, lots of lawns, trees, guys playing soccer. Quarterly bonuses.

Cons

Some growing pains which are natural in this environment. Account managers are overloaded with work. A lot of documentation is obsolete. PTO is a bit skimpy.

Worked for LiveOps? Contribute to the Community!