LiveOps Reviews

Reset

Current Liveops Insurance Agent

Current Employee - Insurance Agent Licensed Line in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Insurance Agent Licensed Line in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at LiveOps part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working from home. Better pay for licensed lines like a nurse, life and health insurance agent, or property and casualty.Flexible hours, just take 30 min time slots when your available. Bonuses offerered at different times for different reasons like taking certain amount of weekend call slots.If someone is serious, there is incredible potential! Very excited about adding more and more call types, and given bonusus of additional out of state insurance licenses. This means more calls and more talk time.

Cons

Non paid training. Not paid hourly, just per min talk time and bonuses for sales. Although calls are incoming, have to offer addition product than what they called in for. Sometimes difficult to get questions answered quickly or correctly by middle management.

Advice to Management

Consider less hours of non paid training, or pay for all the training time. Sometimes questions are answered incorrectly by middle management.

2. Bumpy path but getting back on its feet

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Redwood Shores, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Redwood Shores, CA

I have been working at LiveOps full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Changing of the e-staff completely renewed my faith in the company. Finally it feels like we have a CEO that cares and a direction to follow. Also glad that he's not pitting the two sides of the business together.

Cons

Compensation is about 80% of what I expect to be paid. Also taking forever to get a merit increase, even though I've been working two grades above my current title for over a year.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees better.

3. Heading in the right direction

Current Employee - Anonymous Full-time Employee
    Current Employee - Anonymous Full-time Employee

I have been working at LiveOps full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

New leadership (greatly needed, Vasili Triant as CEO is brings soooo much more to the company), great people,good market opportunity, fair work-life balance, good compensation.

Cons

The culture has improved greatly with Vasili in charge, but some residual effects from the old guard still there. It was plain toxic for awhile. Vasili will do great. Too many average and below average folks still around

Advice to Management

gotta do everything to keep the A players....too many good people have left or are leaving.

LiveOps is a good option for people who want to earn money by working at home with flexibility on committed hours.

Current Employee - Sales/Customer Service
    Current Employee - Sales/Customer Service

I have been working at LiveOps part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

LiveOps is good for those who enjoy talking on the phone and selling.The highest compensation potential is for licensed insurance agents. There are many other types of programs that agents can elect to participate in, and compensation varies by the program. What's attractive about working as a LiveOps Agent is establishing work-life balance.

Cons

One down side of working with LiveOps is that agents need to be able to tolerate rejection, and the level varies by the program. Another down side is that there is literally no way to speak to LiveOps staff. The only way to communicate with them is through an internal online messaging system similar to e-mail, and sometimes responses can take a day or more to receive.

Advice to Management

For the insurance programs, I think licensed agents should only receive qualified leads, which would make the calling experience more gratifying for both the callers and agents. Having experienced agents work with unqualified callers often becomes frustrating for everyone. Since LiveOps does have some programs where non-licensed agents screen callers and then transfer qualified leads to licensed agents, I don't know why it isn't done that way across the board. Not only would it be much less frustrating, but it would probably be much more productive.

are you kidding me?

Current Employee - Insurance Producer in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Insurance Producer in Nashville, TN

I have been working at LiveOps

Pros

none at all. really.. I mean really.

Cons

So, its a classic bait and switch.. gotta talk people into insurance who enter into a contest? thanks for lowering the entire insurance industry.

Advice to Management

start paying your agents what they are worth and market your products honestly.

7. Growing Company - Superb Culture and Values - Nice to work remotely!

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Remote, OR
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Remote, OR

I have been working at LiveOps full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

it's nice to be an employee and work remotely, from home. LiveOps is outstanding with regards to including and keeping remote team members in the loop. The company's culture and values are back where they should be, or rather, are where they were when offered this position and what was working to become successful! They are focused on the client and on the customer, as well empowering employees to make the best choice.

Cons

A few 'resilient' apples (managers/directors) - hold information too close, micro every step, have their hands in too many projects....resilience, belief and trust in team members is good; rigid, disbelief and doubt not so good.

Advice to Management

Continue the path we are on. Obviously, the more transparent and the more we learn from a few mistakes, will result in investment from all in the culture and values, leading to increased growth and focus!

The Future is Bright

I have been working at LiveOps full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

What a difference a few months makes! After several bumpy years under our former CEO, Vasili is working hard to right the ship and grow the company. I am encouraged by new vision and direction. LiveOps has a close knit team that works well together.

Cons

LiveOps used to offer excellent health benefits but times are changing and the most comprehensive plans are no longer available, which is disappointing.

Advice to Management

Stay focused. Encourage accountability, structure, and celebrate success.

Didnt like it a bit!

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Miami, FL

I worked at LiveOps

Pros

work from home is the only pro

Cons

everything else is a con
    pay is peanuts
    magazines sales are silly.. no one wants those magazines
    monitoring is sketchy
    poor training and support
    overall bad bad bad

Advice to Management

change everything abt this company.

10. A great place to make an impact and affect change

I have been working at LiveOps full-time

Pros

LiveOps is a growing and evolving company that has been around for 13-years. Sounds weird to describe it as growing and evolving after so much time but it still is. Regimes of management have changed and alternated the direction and focus of the company over time. The new CEO, Vasili Triant, is about uniting both parts of the business - the BPO and the SaaS side - and bringing us together as one LiveOps. One culture. One goal. It's great. There is a lot of opportunity to affect change here and help the company get better and better.

Cons

LiveOps has a great product but has lacked focus and execution over the past few years. There hasn't been a lot of structure around critical functions such as Product Management and Engineering. The teams have been left to forge for themselves as the previous culture bread a lack of accountability and responsibility. All of that is changing for the better but that change takes time. It's not easy to change a company's culture but I believe the current leadership team has the right ideas and paths forward outlined. Now it's time to execute.

Lots of turmoil/Metrics unclear

Former Employee - Independent Agent
    Former Employee - Independent Agent

I worked at LiveOps full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Until I was unfairly terminated, I loved working with LiveOps, even with all the problems (and there are many!). I was grateful to be home and grateful to be paid in a fairly decent manner. If the router is benign, I could make $22/hour. I did not have too many bad days at the LiveOps. Pay was always on time and for me always rising. Advice: Work hard and express no opinions. Be mindful of the contract. No matter what they tell u in a PB (their email) from Community Services, your default action should be "does this follow the contract" and/or "does this follow my good conscience".

Cons

Support can be sporadic. Sometimes support is great and beneficial and at other times it is bad. So bad that it can cost you the contract. The new metric system that they have going is not the greatest. At least, they've not explained it well enough so that ic's do not make errors implementing same. U could go for months making a mistake and get no meaningful feedback about the mistake or letting u know that u were making the at all. In my case, this created a false sense of security in terms of what I was doing to keep up with the new metrics. Under the new metrics, it counts against u when somebody calls in for information and u don't convert the call into a sale. This was fine under the old metrics as it did not affect u'r performance overall and u had up to 30 minutes to convert the call to a sale without getting a Compliance Event (demerit). Under the new metrics, forget about it. If a product came in with enough callers asking to pay just $14.95 for it and no more, u were in trouble if that informercial was being routed to your business line.

Advice to Management

Go back to the old metrics, or do not penalize agents for trying to follow the new ones. The effect of the new metrics is that callers are being rushed off and invariably this does not bode well for our less adept citizens. The agents are put in a hard place because they have to mindful of the new metrics and their contract at the same time. It is a very sad change these new metrics. Still I have to say that I had a good run. I am sorry I fell in the trap of following the new metrics and not being myself and not worry about the metrics at all. If anything, training on this issue would be helpful so that the agents can know the boundaries.

RSS Feed </> Embed