LiveOps Reviews

Reset

Not what I expected!

Current Employee - Direct Response Agent
    Current Employee - Direct Response Agent

Pros

Make one schedule. You can see the amount of money you earn for the day after each call. I really enjoy handling inbound call.

Cons

The call volume will definitely fluctuate constantly. When you're paid per talk- time minute you have no idea how long you have to work to earn the amount you need to survive.

Advice to Management

Increase the pay and stop over hiring agents.

Disappointed, but struggling to make it work

Current Contractor - Independent Contractor in Chesapeake, VA
    Current Contractor - Independent Contractor in Chesapeake, VA

I have been working at LiveOps as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Choose your own hours and choose the type of calls you want to support.

Cons

The company does not provide technical support. Independent agents have to rely on advice from other independent agents advice that is loaded into a help data bank called Athena. The company's servers must be getting old, can't verify this because it is very difficult to speak with anyone with knowledge of the servers and the configuration requirements. The company utilizes Java in their My Schedule application in order to post the hours that you are available to work. I have been trying to for over a week to get this program to work and have had no luck. I downloaded multiple sets of instructions and carefully went through all of them and still could not resolve the communications error. The company advises agents to load a previous version of Java that is not longer supported to align with their servers. This puts a lot of risk on the independent agent. The risk is based upon Java being utilized by hackers to gain access to systems. A known security risk with older versions of Java is the POODLE virus.

Advice to Management

Provide IT support. I venture to guess that the majority of people that choose to be independent agents for LiveOps do not have deep pockets that allow them to hire IT professionals that can troubleshoot Java issues.

Working at home

Pros

Can set your own hours. Can work from the comfort of your own home. Pay is good and can be great if your selling and meeting your goals.

Cons

Sometimes hours are hard to come by.

Awesome Company to work for

Current Employee - Customer Support in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Support in Redwood City, CA

Pros

New CEO with new visions for the company and taking it in the right direction. People are very friendly and fun to work with. Culture is fun and easy going. Cool perks like pizza Fridays, snacks always in stock, bagels and pastries every Tuesday and Thursday.. in general a very nice environment to work in.

Cons

nothing too big comes to mind..

Advice to Management

They doing a great job

A great way to earn a full income or supplemental

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Atlanta, GA

Pros

work from home, flexible schedule, payment always on time, direct deposit option are all excellent. If you can read, you can do this job. You just read the script and put in the info from the caller which will populate more to read until the call is done. Easy-peasy! CSR's are usually very friendly, excellent platform setup, many different programs to choose from for variety which leads to less chance to burn out, avenues to connect with other agents

Cons

CEs (compliance events that could lead to termination) are sometimes given unfairly. I had one CE that stated I didn't say something when I actually did. When I asked them to review it again, they told me that wasn't the problem and the auditor wrote it in hidden notes..... The real problem was XYZ which was not even something warranting a CE. When I stated that, they told me it would not be removed. Very unfair. It still bothers me till today and that was almost a year ago. Another con is work is not always available all the time. You need to have many lines to have the best chances and be ready with another work from home independent contractor job for days there simply is nothing on the schedule to pick from.

Advice to Management

Consider per minute raises. Many could probably spend more time on LO and less time finding other jobs to supplement their income if there was a per minute raise. Every bit counts. Have an audit checking department to check CE's before posting. Unfair CE's lead to low morale. Other than that, I love LiveOps!

Good work-at-home company

Pros

New avenues of communication have opened up, which makes it easier to get answers for your home business.

Cons

Communication with the company could continue to use improving.

A place for growth, independence, innovation...but not the meek.

Current Employee - Agent Division
    Current Employee - Agent Division

I have been working at LiveOps full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

First and foremost, the caliber of employees and management at LiveOps is impressive. There is a cohesiveness amongst the teams that, despite working in different locations, is extremely strong. I've never seen a better example of teamwork and "no man left behind" attitude. Where most places have employees scrambling for credit or accolades, staffers at LO are giving, generous and professional. Management is seasoned, accessible and level headed. I'm not saying everyone is superhuman, but in the departments I work with, I see very few weak links. Another point worth mentioning is that this company was on fire a few years ago and then went off the rails due to some bad C-level decisions. Now that the previous CEO is gone and a new breed of leadership is in place, the morale, performance and overall tone of the company is incredible. There's a real energy of optimism and success here and I commend our new CEO (Vasili Triant) for taking the bull by the horns and turning around a nasty situation into a great growth opportunity.

Cons

Working remotely or long distance is not for everyone. We have quite a few team members who are in different timezones, working from home and unsupervised. That can be frustrating if that employee is the kind that thrives more in a group environment. Being far apart makes it hard to establish and maintain culture. This isn't a fault, just a challenge. But we could be doing more to enhance culture knowing that we have this caveat to deal with.

Advice to Management

Keep the transparency coming and don't falter on your straightforwardness. The company has huge potential but it's all in the execution.

9. Under new leadership, LiveOps is finally heading in the right direction

I have been working at LiveOps full-time

Pros

- flexibility to work from home when needed - great people to work with - new management team really gets it, and is finally pushing the company in the right direction

Cons

- very difficult to take a day off - nearly every team in the company is short staffed, so hours are very long right now

Advice to Management

Invest more in the servers and overall platform performance.

Seriously - Not worth the time...

Current Employee - Former LO Call Center Agent in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Former LO Call Center Agent in Redwood City, CA

Pros

Pros - None. Must be 5 words, but, nothing positive to say here.

Cons

You can sit there on LiveOps (LO) for hours and hours and make next-to-nothing, no guarantee of even $3.00 an hour, no benefits of any kind (and. I can find cheaper product discounts on eBay, so, that is def. not any benefit...), you are at the mercy of the call router gods. And, remind yourself, you have to take your own taxes out, then, you have to pay for a dedicated "POTS" telephone line (no VOIP), you have to pay for reliable internet, you have to buy a decent, noise-cancelling headset, then, you have to seriously hope to find open schedule slots at roll-out, then, you have to hope that the phone rings and that that the caller likes being held hostage to ENDLESS and ANNOYING upsells and affinities, etc... Would NOT Recommend.

Advice to Management

LO Agents should be working for at least the prevailing federal minimum wage.

Current Liveops Insurance Agent

Current Employee - Insurance Agent Licensed Line in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Insurance Agent Licensed Line in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at LiveOps part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working from home. Better pay for licensed lines like a nurse, life and health insurance agent, or property and casualty.Flexible hours, just take 30 min time slots when your available. Bonuses offerered at different times for different reasons like taking certain amount of weekend call slots.If someone is serious, there is incredible potential! Very excited about adding more and more call types, and given bonusus of additional out of state insurance licenses. This means more calls and more talk time.

Cons

Non paid training. Not paid hourly, just per min talk time and bonuses for sales. Although calls are incoming, have to offer addition product than what they called in for. Sometimes difficult to get questions answered quickly or correctly by middle management.

Advice to Management

Consider less hours of non paid training, or pay for all the training time. Sometimes questions are answered incorrectly by middle management.

RSS Feed </> Embed