LiveOps Reviews

Updated October 23, 2014
Updated October 23, 2014
3.6

Vasili Triant

Pros
  • Work from home -- no commuting or having to shop for clothes for your work attire (in 61 reviews)

• The ability to have a flexible schedule and to work remote are a huge plus when you have a family at home (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Otherwise you will suffer by getting very low call volume and make very little money (in 15 reviews)

• Things are extremely fast paced because of that it can be hard to get that work/life balance that people need to be successful (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

It was a very rewarding experience

Former Employee - Sales Pro
    Former Employee - Sales Pro

I worked at LiveOps

Pros

Flexibility of schedule; truly performance based. The more you sell the more opportunity you receive. There is adequate opportunity to train for more skills and advancement. You work independently, which I loved. But there is support readily available if you need it.

Cons

It's a slow start if you're new because the better you know the system the better you perform and right off the bat you're competing with more experienced agents. Also, you're an "independent contractor" so there are no employee benefits. The worse is that even if you make innocent mistakes and they are detected, they can accumulate as 'compliance events'. And there is not adequate warning as to how these events can add up and lead to your termination, which happened to me.

My experience with LiveOps was overall very positive. Though I had not been in sales since college, some 25 years, I found I was a natural and did very well, constantly being offered new opportunities and promotions, which translated to an increase in pay. What was never made clear is how innocent mistakes, like technology issues beyond your control, could translate into compliance events and how serious an accumulation of these events could lead to immediate termination. Inadequate warnings accompany the CE's when you are notified about them. So you assume they are meant to help you improve, when really they are strikes against you.. And then no matter how good you perform, termination is brutal with absolutely no followup. I know it's a "seller's market" so to speak, but no worker should be judged by mistakes alone, especially new employees.

Amazing Oppurtunity...Rough Start

Current Employee - Independent Contractor
    Current Employee - Independent Contractor

I have been working at LiveOps

Pros

LiveOps staff is amazingly supportive. You get to make your own hours and work from home. The best part for me is not having to ask anyone for time off. If you have a long lunch to go to, go! If a last minute vacation pops up, no problem. They are wonderful.

Cons

There is only one downside to LiveOps that I have been anble to see and that is trying to figure out when the caller volume is going to be high. Yes you make great money when you are talking with customers but when you aren't you're just sitting there praying your phone will ring.

The management at LiveOps is some of the best I've ever seen. They are super positve, incredibly helpful, and always there when you need them. They are great people.

From an EMPLOYEE of LiveOps - Not An INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR

Current Employee - Program Specialist
    Current Employee - Program Specialist

I have been working at LiveOps

Pros

-Flexibility
    - Not a company that micro manages! The ability to do your job and let your strengths shine
    - Compensation is good, especially when you factor in the perks of working from home
    - Excitement and Passion run rampant through the ranks

Cons

- Remote working can be lonely until you find your footing and really utilize the tools necessary to connect with your team and the organization

- On a side note - Most of these reviews are from people that are independent business owners (NOT EMPLOYEES) who aren't understanding the LO model and feel entitled to high business rankings and automatic benefits that come from investing time into their business and effort into their sales but don't feel the need to actually invest that time or effort. LO is extremely transparent and up front about the fact that the best performers will have the most opportunities and offers an amazing set of resources to all Independent Contractors AT NO CHARGE to help them build their skill set so they can achieve success. I speak from experience, I was a successful independent agent that contracted with LO for over 2 years before becoming an employee.

Involve your lower level employees a bit more in the conversations. Typically word only reaches them after all decisions are made and sometimes (rarely, admittedly) those decisions are not workable in the RT environment of LO.

Love my job & my manager - wish I had the resources I needed to knock it out of the park

Current Employee - Program Manager in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at LiveOps

Pros

Flexibility
    Fun
    I'm trusted to do what I need to do to get the job done
    Opportunity to innovate
    Working with some of the smartest people I've met!
    We support community through donations and matching gifts

Cons

I'd be lying if I didn't admit that it is difficult to get, what I consider properly resourced. This means that either things fall to the floor or that you work long days - it depends on how you deal with it.

Please spend time finding the formula for success on the front lines, and then commit to it. Whether it is bodies, technology, or not taking certain business - all of us want the same thing - success for LiveOps, the Agents, and the Customers. Without that none of us win.

LO Rocks.

Current Employee - Order Entry, Sales Pro, Tiki and Split in Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - Order Entry, Sales Pro, Tiki and Split in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at LiveOps

Pros

You can pick your own schedule.

LO only sends calls to highest ranked agent in that category. If you can't sell or if
    you are timid. Don't apply.

Lots of bonues and commissioned programs. Per talktime rate PLUS per order pay.

Ability to earn more with affinity products and upsells. The more you sell the more you make.
    The more you sell the more calls you get.

Noone looking over your shoulder. You are your own company. You decide how much you iwll make.

Cons

Some things are not communicated in a timely manner. We should have received a PB concerning ce's for missed commits.

PB messages are not read in full, therefore reply answer is usually not anything to do w/ what you are asking, or you get the answer that is not correct.

New agents thru the door are being hired in at the higher rate programs, the sr agents had to work there butts off to prove we can do it before we were allowed to do them.

and lastly the 10% affinity rule or dr is gone is a joke.

Quit allowing agents to walk all over asrs in vcc....

Great Flexibility

I have been working at LiveOps

Pros

Great work-life balance and flexibility. Interesting business model. Great technology. Smart people.

Cons

Growing pains, not yet reaching its financial objectives.

Focus on positive reinforcement. Do not forget the great job employees are doing even during the hard business times. Most folks are trying their hardest to move the company forward -recognize that instead of focusing your attention on only the bad stuff.

I love LiveOps

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at LiveOps

Pros

Next generation of work. Corporate employees are encouraged to walk the talk and work from home and be driven by results.

Cons

We don't have enough resources

Keep being innovative and provide more resources.

LiveOps intern

Current Employee - Intern in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Intern in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at LiveOps

Pros

people are hard working but still like to have fun!

Cons

still quickly evolving- tough to keep up with all the changes sometimes

keep the mission clear as you grow

Recommend LiveOps - company is on the right track

I have been working at LiveOps

Pros

Cool mission and focus. Company's services and technology are good for business and good for individuals looking for work opportunities on their terms.
    Company promotes a mix of fun and also giving back to communities in the way of volunteer time and grants.

Cons

It is hard to point out cons when we live in a time of > 10% unemployment and having a job with a stable, growing company, good opportunities is truly a good thing.

Great Little Big Company

Current Employee - Applications Engineer in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Applications Engineer in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at LiveOps

Pros

Emphasis on leading-edge application technologies. Freedom to find the best solutions. Very little of a technical nature is mandated from upper management. Friendly, professional, dedicated co-workers. Open management style. Transparency and availablity of company financial performance figures.

Cons

Haven't encountered any yet. I'm glad I didn't find this site until after I came to work here. I might not have accepted the offer and I would have missed out on a great opportunity. Maybe things have gotten a lot better since some of the earlier reviews were entered, but I see no evidence that those problems still exist. (Note that some reviewers are current and former LiveOps employees working in engineering and support while others are LiveOps independent contractors who answer phones for infomercials by LiveOps clients.)

Keep up the good work. If I could give one suggestion, it's that a little "management by walking around" would be a good thing.

LiveOps Photos

Our CEO paying back a bet. We crushed a company goal!
We built a new engineering rec room, including MAME (Multi Arcade Machine Emulator); many a disagreement is settled with Street Fighter
No rec room is complete without XBox One, Apple TV, and plenty of couch space