LiveOps

www.liveops.com

LiveOps Reviews

Updated Jul 30, 2014

Vasili Triant

Pros
  • Work from home -- no commuting or having to shop for clothes for your work attire (in 50 reviews)

• The ability to have a flexible schedule and to work remote are a huge plus when you have a family at home (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • LiveOps controls your call volume and call lines (in 12 reviews)

• You are paid by your talk time 0 (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights

great opportunity

Independent Contractor/Customer Service (Current Employee) San Antonio, TX

Prosbeing in control of your schedule, good pay

Consrigid metrics to meet, you can lose sales lines for not meeting them

Advice to Senior Managementstop over hiring

Great place

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat company, nice people, interesting business model and have a great product for agents. On the right track. Opportunities to advance.

ConsI can't think of significant cons, though it is still an office nine to five type of company. It might not be appealing to everyone.

CEO resigned, CTO resigned, CFO resigned this month

ProsAbsolutely none. Marty Beard killed this company.

ConsEverything went downhill after Marty Beard took over and made LiveOps his personal playground, bank account then moved to San Diego.

Advice to Senior ManagementBring back Maynard Webb!!!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great idea's no actions to get there.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat success story on their platform its being sold globally. Limited access for their own agents but hopefully that will change soon. Dedicated self starters but not many left on staff.

ConsSmall departments which makes for long waits with requests a overworked team which then becomes unproductive.,as well as creating and fostering negativity within the levels of management.This is only for agent business not platform business. Platform and sales take priority over agent business which is their revenue generator.

Advice to Senior ManagementFollow through and do what you said you would do, don't hide.

Great Place to Start Working from Home

Call Center Agent (Former Employee)

ProsFlexible scheduling and fun work.

ConsAt times it can be hard to rely on the income. Since they pay per minute- there may be times when you barely make anything per hour waiting on another phone call.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore communication. When I worked there- I often felt like I was meaningless to the company.

DEAD END TRAP! You will hate yourself before you leave. $50 per day working more than 8 hours and HIGH STRESS Sales.

ProsOnly Flexibility, everything elses is not worth it. You will make less than minimun wage or work soo many hours to make it that 'flexibility" mean nothing.You still wont have time for what you want.

ConsYou will be a fake "Business Owner". Expect to sit hours for free. The real products you sell are the upsells. Your job's success is dependent on selling misleading products that trap seniors into reoccuring monthly fees that are impossible to cancel. Managers have no respect for you. You will wake up to find no work. No explanation, no renegotiating. They don't answer emails,especially if you are questioning there unfair business practices. There expectations are too high for the little money you make. This place is for people who are okay being low earners. Flexibility is their excuse for staying.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop taking advantage of you "Business Owners". You give WAH jobs a bad reputation.

Very Sad

ProsSchedule very flexible, in the terms that you can work when you want and not someone else schedule. Nice to be able to work from your home.

ConsAgent seem to be very unhappy due the unfair metric system that is in place. And being able to get hours seems to be very impossible. As one agent put it, it is like whacking a mole so to speak.

Advice to Senior ManagementRe-group and make your people happy, so they can make your clients happy.

Good place to work.

Senior Applications Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsI've been at LiveOps for 3 years. Nice office, free food, friendly atmosphere. Open collaborative work environment. SIP lounge to hang out in - have a beer. Nice culture. Executives walk around and talk to people. Clear strategy - to build the SaaS cloud platform. Growing internationally.

ConsA lot of growth and more complex projects. Just acquired another company, adding to complexity. Not enough time.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to provide open communication and fun, open environment. Expand SaaS platform.

Impossible line goals - lost business - not good to workers

Work From Home Independent Contractor (Current Employee)

ProsYou can make your own schedule, if you happen to see it on the schedule.
    Work from home.

ConsAgents are punished when they actually make their own schedules because if you don't work a lot your stats will not be as high as they require and you will lose your lines. (get fired)
    There is no one to put on your resume as your supervisor. (and you will be looking elsewhere after a couple of months)
    They are losing so many call center clients and they still continue to over hire. The agents who have stuck with the company cannot get hours because there are so many agents. (Over 20000 new hires since I started two years ago).
    There is no direction and no one cares about you as a person. You're a number. They say this is because you're an independent contractor, but it doesn't have to be like this. I don't feel valued.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in your people - even your work from home work force. This is important and the results are amazing when you actually invest in your work force. Stop treating everyone like a number.

Good

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsAble to work from home.

ConsToo many up-sells after customers say no on the first one.

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

Worked for LiveOps? Contribute to the Community!