LivePerson Reviews

Reset
4.0
LivePerson Chairman and CEO Robert P. LoCascio
Robert P. LoCascio

Pros
  • Lots of great people and there is always lots of food (in 14 reviews)

• A true sense of ownership in what you do, and the people you collaborate with (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • With a startup like atmosphere running on an agile development jet engine, the workload may impact your work life balance (in 5 reviews)

• Constant strategic shift - lots of employee attrition due to frustration over lack of focus (in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

I feel very lucky!

Pros

I think this type of environment is amazing for a certain person. To really excel here, you have to be a self-starter, enjoy initiating projects, work collaboratively, and work hard. This isn't the type of place where you can come in and do the same thing day after day: there are always new things happening and that sort of complacency is not rewarded. As far as office perks, the NYC office has a gym with classes, a locker room, free lunch on Fridays, flexible start time, and overall a fun office space.

Cons

If you do take on more projects, you will stand out and will be given more responsibility. However, that doesn't necessarily mean you will be compensated differently/promoted. I think the company can do a better job of identifying the people really putting in the effort. More responsibility is great, but a bigger paycheck wouldn't hurt either... We also recently had a change in high level management, so that definitely caused some upset, but in my opinion, the company is recovering well and is better for it.

Advice to Management

As I said, just take the time to appreciate the employees who are thriving in this culture, because it isn't easy to be constantly pushing yourself.

Jul 6, 2015 – Head of Global Workplace Engagement

We feel very lucky to have you. Thank you for the review and I'm going to make sure we are doing more things like the Outstanding Employee Awards and quarterly recognition to celebrate our people who ... More

2. The culture is what makes me want to stay

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at LivePerson full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great place to be. You can choose to run with the crowd or stand out - if you do stand out - you get noticed. I don't have that awful feeling in the morning - like Ugh, I have to go to work again....

Cons

Lots of change happening. But... change can be a good thing. Time will tell

Advice to Management

Keep the faith - Keep bleeding orange...

3. Outstanding Culture!

Pros

The company is extremely focused on providing a great culture for its employees to work. The offices are awesome and there is never a lack of food in the kitchens. LivePerson recognizes the importance of not only building solid relationships with your customers & colleagues, but also your family and friends. So much so that they give employees back time to spend connecting with those who are closest to them. On the business side of things, a few words come to mind: innovative, robust, cutting edge, exciting, growth. LP offers a nice compensation package including fair wages, generous PTO, outstanding insurance plan, and outstanding 401k employer match!

Cons

Some would say that we have spent TOO much time and energy on culture and not enough on innovation. Products tend to be released before they are fully baked and cannot support our largest tier brands. The product development team is on its own and seems to be very distant from the rest of the company and is often hesitant to take advice from those of us who are interacting with the customers. If we could do a better job of closing that gap, we'd ultimately be able to shape our platform into what our largest clients need. Hiring: Hire based on pipeline and closed deal needs. Think what do we need in terms of resources to support this... not based on weather or not the senior executive management wants to hire or not for that quarter.

Advice to Management

The management as a whole seems to be doing a good job. My direct manager could be a little more engaged and provide additional direction but overall is not micromanaging and enables me to be successful in my position. Continue to be completely transparent and share knowledge down!

5. Good Company overall

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at LivePerson full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Cares about employees. Great benefits (profit sharing, health, dental, life, retirement, bonuses). Convenient location. Management very open.

Cons

Growth is relatively slow within certain departments. Policies for larger client accounts differ heavily from smaller clients, causing extra stress on team members. Consistent monitoring can have detrimental effects on customer service.

Advice to Management

Overall, I would make clear directives for those who are interested in growth and development. It seems that many positions are limited to a particular department or a tangential department. Look into reducing the required time to remain in a position before being able to post out.

Great place to work in NY for a progressive tech company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at LivePerson (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great place to work -- lots of progressive change!

Cons

Could use some more structure and communications around decision-making.

Jul 20, 2015 – Head of Global Workplace Engagement

Thanks for the feedback on more structure and communications related to decision-making. I think that this is something we can certainly take a look at and improve in the very short term. We're ... More

Over-Achievers Paradise

I have been working at LivePerson full-time

Pros

Company culture and development opportunities are set up to reward those who work hardest and can sustain that level of passion over long periods of time. As a result, people are often promoted from within to leadership positions. The company does their best to allow staff to contribute to all aspects of the business, regardless of role or function. For over-achievers and people who enjoy having extra responsibilities, this is a great place to be. The core product has a lot of potential. LivePerson has been leading the way in terms of getting the market to see the value in "messaging", versus traditional contact methods like phone and email. You have to be somewhat passionate about this movement in order to be engaged and excited to work here.

Cons

Constant shuffle of sales/customer strategy. Company vision has mostly remained the same, but the messaging to the market has been slippery and hard to grasp without lengthy conversations and demos. This could be the nature of the beast, but I've seen much clearer product pitches from firms offering up even more complicated solutions. The product/platform that is being sold to customers is developed and maintained in Israel while the the rest of the company's traditional corporate functions are headquartered here in NY. This creates an inherent disconnect and sometimes feels like there are multiple companies instead of one cohesive organization.

Advice to Management

More education and emphasis on the product/platform is needed across the board. Sales ("field") teams need to have better alignment with the actual people that maintain and develop LiveEngage. Rethink your strategy of having your R&D and Product teams in a different location than your Sales and Marketing Teams. Give the CEO a break and give someone else a shot at articulating the vision and future of the company.

Jul 6, 2015 – Head of Global Workplace Engagement

We do love our "Over Achievers" and always strive to create a workplace focused on our people bringing their passion and energy while joining forces to make things happen every day. Many thanks ... More

Dynamic, quirky place that keeps you on your toes

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at LivePerson full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Company is driven by a sincere, real vision. The CEO is committed to challenging the status quo and believes we are serving a great purpose, not just punching in to make money. There are sincere efforts to connect the global offices to establish a sense of team. If you like to just go with the flow and are nimble enough to adjust, you'll be happy here.

Cons

Workplace flexibility (working from home within reason) was an assured perk when I started, but sr. leadership has started to frown upon it. People are often expected to strive for more leadership and responsibility but are not compensated for taking on more. There is a sense that if you don't pursue higher profile roles you aren't a good fit for the company. If you leave at 6:00, you feel like you have to sneak out.

Advice to Management

Acknowledge that people can be a strong, dedicated asset to the company, even if they don't necessarily want to climb up the ladder and take higher level positions.

Jul 6, 2015 – Head of Global Workplace Engagement

Thank you for sharing your insight and also for your 3+ years of continued service at LivePerson. As you posted, we really want to make sure that everyone has a good understanding of the company's ... More

Great place to work

Current Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at LivePerson full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company with a great history. Great benefits. Terrific work life balance, great culture. Really takes care of their employees. Very ambitious company.

Cons

Lack of direction and limited training. Employees expected to just figure things out. Not much guidance from a management perspective.

managing accounts, optimization

Current Employee - CVM in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - CVM in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at LivePerson full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great corporate culture, on the brink of doing great things. Always exciting

Cons

a lot of strategic changes, some key leaders left

Advice to Management

keep doing what you are doing. company is on ther right track

11. Mid-Market Account Executive

Former Employee - Senior Account Executive/Account Manager in Morton Grove, IL
    Former Employee - Senior Account Executive/Account Manager in Morton Grove, IL

I worked at LivePerson full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Company culture, great product, generous salary

Cons

no room to grow if working remote

RSS Feed </> Embed