LiveText

Updated May 15, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Christopher Kalmus

Great people to work with but not so great management.

Anonymous (Current Employee) La Grange, IL

ProsCasual atmosphere where employees can wear jeans; fun and helpful employees for the most part; potentially good product. Good location.

ConsTWhile some new developments seemed to be promising, ultimately little will change since the same people make the final decision. Inconsistent structure; changes are abruptly made and are poorly communicated (if at all). Little room for advancement even if you wanted. Management can be flat out deceptive. Hard work is decidely NOT rewarded.

Advice to Senior ManagementChange your whole mindset.

Growing Company Makes Difference in Higher Education

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) La Grange, IL

ProsInitiative is welcome, employees are passionate and there is real a sense of teamwork, company is growing, mission to improve learning at all levels within our higher ed system is strong

ConsThe work can be demanding or the hours long and you may face challenges each day but if you are resourceful and clever enough to come up with your own solutions, you will feel accomplished

Horrible management and consistantly failed to meet customer needs.

Marketing (Former Employee) La Grange, IL

ProsVery low expectations from management.

ConsVery low expectations from management.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe owner should not be involved in daily operations; he's insain.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Thank heaven I left this company.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsAssessment is a growing industry.

ConsUnfortunately, the management of this company is in a strangle-hold by one person who micromanages, dislikes divergent opinions and can be demeaning at times.

Stunningly Impulsive and Unprofessional

Sales (Former Employee)

ProsPretty good tech platform for managing higher education assessment data.

ConsLeadership caste has a habit of obsessing over the trivial and dithering over everything else. Sales management seems to delight in piling administrative and personal servant duties on the staff. Onerous reporting duties, ongoing (and never-ending) product training, unnecessary travel to corporate for MONTHLY sales meetings and "just to work out of the office for a few days, just 'cuz" are a continual productivity drain. Commissions paid out ANNUALLY in April for the previous calendar year (as if anyone hangs out that long).

Worst of all, though, is putting together a weekly reporting "suite" that must include a "reflection" piece. It's apparent primary purpose is to serve as a basis for criticizing and ridiculing the sales staff. Additional demands are delivered by hostile e-mails on a more or less daily basis. Not only the worst and most unprofessional workplace I've experienced, but also the worst I've ever HEARD of in 20 years of business.

Advice to Senior ManagementRead a book about management, leadership, sales, Six Sigma, TQM, or something useful.

I feel sorry for myself and my co-workers just about every day.

ProsMany of the people who work here at the staff level are dedicated and very capable.

ConsUnfortunately, the individuals here who are in management do a very poor job. I have observed defensiveness, lying and overall poor decision making. The most upsetting aspects of working here are the belittling comments I've heard the office manager say about co-workers and the outright yelling that occurs on a regular basis. Toxic.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on improving the product and open your minds to new ideas.

Politics reign supreme.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) La Grange, IL

ProsThere is a decent salary involved and good benefits.

ConsIncompetent snobbish management and a dictator-like atmosphere.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe reasons people leave are not fully understood by leadership due to management trying to cover up their incompetencies. Hire managers worth respecting and employees who do not need hand holding and this company will take an atmosphere of enlightenment rather than oppression and indifference.

Politics and unproffesional behavior run supreme

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsSalary is OK, but not that competitive

ConsCliche management team who is over controlling and authoritative toward its employees. Benefits are minimal and certainly not industry standard

Advice to Senior ManagementThis company has a very high attrition rate because they treat their employees poorly, they have an overinflated sense of themselves and can't accept perspectives or suggestions that are different than their own. Hire managers who know how to cultivate the strenghts of the employees and that allow for indepedent thinking and engage in true strategic planning (rather than being so recationary) and this company could do well.

Worked for LiveText? Contribute to the Community!