LiveVox Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
1.8
Louis Summe

not great but not horrible

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at LiveVox full-time

Pros

Nice downtown SF location. I'm reading they are moving though so that might be a problem.

Cons

Aspect bought them with Golden Gate capital. After,all the talented managers left the company and they weren't replaced. Its not the CEO's fault. He's not a leader but he's pretty smart. They just ran out of talent and never replaced it.

Advice to Management

Go get better talent. It could be fun again. From what I know its bad right now but it could change.

Contributor

I worked at LiveVox full-time

Pros

Transitions are always a challenge. Good core team willing to take chances to grow the company from start up to established entity in contact center space.

Cons

poor executive management starting with CEO who can't let go and be an executive. constant smoke and mirrors and poor morale due to nonexistent communication about big picture. dysfunctional collaboration across divisions and engineering bottlenecks in top management preclude strong growth in a white hot climate.

Advice to Management

get out of ARM

Seems to be maturing

I have been working at LiveVox full-time

Pros

I think the company is beginning to emerge from the awkward adolescent stage. Focus is shifting from anything-goes feature development, to big-picture scalable architecture. This is driven by volume reaching a threshold where continued growth required it, and expansion of the target market beyond the debt-collection vertical.

Cons

Company structure is still in shake-down, especially operations and integrations. Emergence of a strong ops team, well aligned with engineering is key to future growth.

Advice to Management

Good job re-aligning priorities on long-term platform stability and growth. Be selective of the quality of product partnerships. Encourage goal alignment and open communication between operations and engineering. Continue to promote the autonomy of the LiveVox entity within the Aspect portfolio.

sinking ship

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at LiveVox full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Total waste of time. We can't create anything because politics. That's the best I can say.

Cons

Leadership is a joke and they are being shown as frauds. Everyone is leaving or getting let go. Everyone is waiting for Aspect to take over. That should be fun.

Advice to Management

Nobody trusts management. You say things are great in town hall meetings and then people get let go. How many more will be let go?

6. trouble

Current Employee - Tech Ops in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Tech Ops in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at LiveVox full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They over pay for the debt collection industry.

Cons

I just started working here and there was already a round of lay offs.

Advice to Management

Make sure people are transparent when interviewing candidates. Had I known about the financial problems I wouldn't have joined.

Bad bad and worse

I have been working at LiveVox full-time

Pros

They pay stupidly well, and have great benefits. They will not spend money on anything else, but they do pay well.

Cons

Horrible company. Weak leader ship that has no understanding of the technology they sell. They company's core products where all glued together by the finest in cheap offshore development getting what you would expect. A setup the is slow, un-reliable, can not scale, and now takes 3 - 6 months to make even minor changes.

Advice to Management

Desperately need to start over and redesign the company's core service, and in doing so it should be event and messaging driven since everything the company does is event based. And this needs to be done by actual experianced system architects with background in large scale systems. i.e. Someone other than the currently people they have as they are way out of their depth.

Nice people, but very chaotic work environment.

I worked at LiveVox

Pros

The technology is very interesting and the employees are very nice and all hardworking. Benefits are good. There are a lot of challenges and opportunities to take initiative.

Cons

Very frenetic and disorganized work environment. Employees are hardworking, but have difficulty setting and sticking with priorities. Too many developers are involved with tech support. Significant development time is lost to troubleshooting and support.

Advice to Management

Build out a dedicated support team to allow developers to focus on coding and feature development.

Interesting product, lousy process. A fixer-upper.

Former Employee - Software Engineer
    Former Employee - Software Engineer

I worked at LiveVox

Pros

They have an interesting product and a fun crew. The office is in a good location.

Cons

They have no process, little technical experience, and a poorly architecture product. Their employees are scattered all over the globe, so they have big communication and cohesion problems. Senior management seems not to care about code quality. The codebase is full of very poorly architected solutions, shortcuts, and hacks. The mantra everyone there chants is "we had to do it that way because we had no time and had to win the customer". They have obviously been burned by lack of change management in the past, and now freak out when forced to contemplate doing things differently.

Advice to Management

High experienced engineering leaders who can stand up to you. Learn how to develop software.

RSS Feed </> Embed