Livewire Concepts Reviews

3.8
CJ Suggs

Very fun Job!

Former Employee - Account Manager in Leawood, KS

I worked at Livewire Concepts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Awesome environment! Everyone is very nice and supportive. I was able to learn a lot professionally and personally. I was able to excel within the company very quickly! CJ Suggs is an awesome manager! He took so much time out of his day to help any of his employees.

Cons

It takes someone who is extremely dedicated. It was very time consuming.

2. Bull

I worked at Livewire Concepts

Pros

There are no pros not one bit.

Cons

You are woring for someone else making money for them and get a small percentage. It seems weird like a cult. Like the people work there are brainwashed.

Advice to Management

None

Pyramid Scheme, Total Manipulation

Former Employee - Entry Level Management in Leawood, KS
    Former Employee - Entry Level Management in Leawood, KS

I worked at Livewire Concepts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None. No benefits. 100% commission. Door-to-door sales. Job description is misleading and they have so much turnover there is only about 9 employees at a time.

Cons

-no benefits -100% commission -no reimbursement for gas or anything -ridiculous hours -interview process was arduous and absurd -completely misleading -pyramid scheme

Advice to Management

Don't try to entice people with ridiculous recruiting tactics of "be your own manager" and "create your own dream". The whole process was misleading and the manager CJ Scuggs obviously just uses people to push AT&T and create his own empire. Also, having a 19 year old interview a 30 year old woman who won't stop talking about how they just want money to drink, party, and buy expensive cars is unprofessional.

Fun People, Great Work Environment

Former Employee - Account Executive in Kansas City, KS
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Kansas City, KS

I worked at Livewire Concepts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The Manager, CJ Suggs, is a cool guys who is personally involved in the coaching of all employees. I learned a lot about goal setting and working in a self directed environment. Also it was great to not be micro managed on a daily basis.

Cons

Because you are self directed it can seem unorganized at times. Also if you need someone watching over you at all times to stay motivated or get the job done this is not the place for you.

Advice to Management

I would make sure there is a weekly schedule of events posted in a central place where all employees can see them when there are special speakers or philanthropy events.

Awesome Learning experience

I worked at Livewire Concepts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It is NOT a pyramid scheme, they have nothing to take from you by hiring you. You don't pay them to start out and the pay is great if you succeed. Yes, you use your own gas money and vehicle to get around to your "territory" for the sales portion, but you send it as a tax write off at the end of the year. 52c to the gallon.

Cons

The work hours are from atleast 11am-9pm. M-F. Saturdays too. Sundays are off. Very long days, difficult for students.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing CJ, I loved working there.

Work Ethic & Integrity go a long way.

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Leawood, KS
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Leawood, KS

I have been working at Livewire Concepts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I enjoy waking up and getting to the office. Most people don't have that luxury. I moved up quickly within the management development program because I liked the challenge of merit based, and I was excited that it wasn't about "who I know, it's about WHAT I know" and what I can prove to my peers. I open my office on March 1st, 2013 - it was worth overcoming the challenging days to be the president of MY own company.

Cons

The property mgr wants us to keep our noise level down when we're having so much fun during our morning meetings! But that's ok, our office neighbors said they love our energy!

Advice to Management

Keep developing the people who give 100% and lets focus on the future!

good position for somebody looking for sales experience

I worked at Livewire Concepts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Solid management training program for somebody with little to no sales or management experience. Management is personable and looks out for their employees. It's a great job for a college grad looking to get their foot in the door or for someone looking to start a new career

Cons

Probably not a good fit for a seasoned sales-person or somebody with a lot of experience because everybody starts entry-level and all promotions are merit-based...If I was 20 years younger I would still be there but at the point I am at in my career I'm not looking to start completely over

Advice to Management

The clients that you represent are very credible and your staff was knowledgeable and very helpful, which i liked coming in as a new entry-level hire. Whatever you are doing, keep it up!

Great work environment with advancement work opportunities along the way.

Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in Leawood, KS
    Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in Leawood, KS

I have been working at Livewire Concepts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is the first company that I've ever worked for where we are a close-knit family. My co-workers are very supportive of my professional and personal goals and are willing to help me achieve them! I meet weekly with the owner and assistant manager to review the my goals as well as the goals of the company, and they help hold me accountable for those goals that are set it place. The biggest thing that attracted me to working for Livewire was the advancement and travel opportunities. I've been with the company for about 10 months and have been to 2 Regional Conferences and 1 National Conference where I had the opportunity to network and hear from phenomenal speakers. I love that advancement is merit based, I was promoted from Administrator to Human Resources manager within 5 months because of the hard work that I put in!

Cons

The only downside to my career is that my work day is very full, I am constantly busy due to my responsibilities!

Advice to Management

Our management does a great job of really getting to know their employees, and putting forth the effort to develop someone so that they can achieve their professional goals. Also they do a great job of recognizing and rewarding their employees for their hard work.

recently promoted account manager

Current Employee - Account Manager in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Livewire Concepts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The good things is that i was promoted to account manager with no sales experience. I worked at a gas station before this. And lets just say with they're training, I went from my measely $400/wk job to now I consistently make $700 bucks because they're sales system is so easy. Now i actually train others how to do sales and i have only been here for a month,

Cons

I don't get to spend time with my old HS friends. And I dont like working some sunday's

Advice to Management

Do a better job at examing resumes to bring quality canindates for initial interviews

Looking for naive college grads to turn into solicitors

Former Employee - Pyramid Scheme in Leawood, KS
    Former Employee - Pyramid Scheme in Leawood, KS

I worked at Livewire Concepts

Pros

Mostly young, energetic people work here. Other than that, no pros.

Cons

This company is one of many companies in the area under a different name that looks for what they call "Account Managers" so they can turn you into a door to door business solicitor. Typically these companies try to get naive college grads to work here because they promise you that you will own your own business within a year. They do not pay you much, you drive a lot and use your own gas money, and most people do not last past 1 month before realizing they were duped. Steer clear. If it sounds to good to be true then IT IS!

Advice to Management

This is an outdated way to market and you prey on people who are too young to know better. Unfortunately this economy is ripe with people looking for jobs. Get a real job doing honest work for honest pay. This is a ridiculous pyramid scheme.

RSS Feed </> Embed