Living Spaces

Be The First To
Add Photos

Living Spaces CEO Grover Geiselman

Grover Geiselman

They took care of all the details.

Product Specialist (Former Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsThe training workshop and on-site time was the best start I have ever received from any company. They really encouraged a team spirit with managers and co-workers. Our meetings were both informative and inspirational.

ConsThe Grand Opening was a bit overwhelming at times. If I didn't need to move back to Dallas, TX, I would have wanted to continue to work for this company. Unfortunately, they have no locations in Dallas, TX.

Advice to Senior ManagementIdividualized coaching and team socializing would boost morale.

What a waste of life working for this company.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsBeing lucky is the way of survival at living spaces. Great friends to find here very friendly. You advance only to fire you in near future. Mngm is full of BS.

ConsFirst let me say the lack of management there are very non smart or be considered a manager, they hire most of there past work staff from there previous employer. They don't like employees that have been with the company for many years, so they get rid of them. They make the floor as a commission environment even if you don't do commission. Bonus are dumb, sales managers are more dummies. No respect for sales team team, not a value. The sad part of this company will not go any further.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to respect sales team, and find away to help the ones that really makes a difference in the company. Don't favoritism on sales person, be aware of the whole floor. You really chasing out great employees and is really sad. At this time I will never recommend anyone to work for this company.

Yes-man culture...

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIt's a growing company, so opportunities may arise... They may learn a thing or two.

ConsLeadership is lacking, everyone is a yes man and no one wants to hear the real concerns. It's a run and gun organization if this attempt doesn't work, try something else, but the truth is, they could do things easier by just doing what has been tried and true for other companies. Everyone is a yes man, because the upper management doesn't want to hear what the real concerns are, and yet they don't want to do things with the proper tools. They treat the oldest backbone employees like garbage.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Worse place I've ever worked. Totally unprofessional. Low life mgmt.

Anonymous (Former Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsI would never refer anyone to this co.

ConsLow pay. Have to wear headsets where management talks to you continuously about the need to increase your sales. Total disregard for the customers needs and pocketbook. Constant degradation at employees. No respect. Treated like idiots. Not the place for a sharp intelligent person.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou are a sad bunch. Your buyers are a sad group of irresponsible lazy people as well. You should take business courses on respecting and encouraging your employees. You need to treat them as the Individuals that they are.

Are you outgoing, but have no brains? This is the place for you!

ProsYou Have No Brains but REALLY Outgoing:
       - You'll advance quickly
       - You'll be popular
       - You'll get merits and raises
       - You'll benefit and take credit from the ideas of smart people
       - You'll get leniency if you really screw up
       - You'll get get your bad ideas implemented

ConsYou're SMART and have ideas that will move the company forward:
       - You'll never advance if you're lucky. May even get demoted.
       - You'll be unliked
       - You'll get minimum raises if any
       - You'll have your ideas stolen from you... 3 years after you suggested it in the first place.
       - You'll get written up for the slightest of mistakes

If they don't like you, they will go out of their way to write you up for your mistakes and blow a situation completely out of the water. That's the way they like to get rid of people.

Advice to Senior ManagementHard to fill this section out.... Do the opposite of what you are doing now.

Business outlook looks positive. There is a lot of growth. But the moral is so sub-par it's hard to image if you are not working there. If you think about it it makes sense. Company moving forward at the emotional/mental expense of the employee.

No management expertise at all

Customer Service (Current Employee)

ProsAbsolutely zero pros that I can think of.

ConsPoor management and a lack of a customer centric culture makes this just a really miserable place to work at.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn from Zappos and American Express. Care about your customers.

Very disorganized. Money hungry.Forcing employees to force sell anything to customer or they find a way to fire you

Employee (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsCustomers are great. Mgmt is destroying miral. EveryOne leaving.

ConsStress and high pressure sales are now a must or they will figure out some excuse to fire you. Went from over 200 people to 40

Advice to Senior ManagementYour so focused on numbers from sales so you can go nation wide. How about forget the ego and treat employees like they are valuable. THEY PUT THE FOOD ON YOUR TABLE ! You are filled with greed and because of that you will not succeed

lots of turnover

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGenerally the people that work there are great.

ConsLots of company politics and sales floor drama.

Advice to Senior ManagementWatch out for the new best thing.

HORRIBLE MANAGERS

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Monrovia, CA

Prosgreat place to meet people, non commission, benefits

Consmanagement favoritism, paperwork, training, policy changing every 6 months, promises, excellent job promotions(big joke), hiring kids or persons with no background in furniture, hours

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit thinking of yourselves and listen to the ones that make the company a success. Stand up for your team members when you know what they say is true or can better the store. Quit hiring people from TARGET, apparently they had a issue with them so they come to you for a job as a manager (why). Cut down the paperwork, a lot of it is not needed. Quit socializing with sales persons outside of the store ( it could be considered favoritism). You need to be more involved with your team and quit trying to kiss up and promote stupid contests to win over your team. Reward the people who go above and beyond their job, don't always just to find negatives to down grade their morale. Get the CEO more involved with the sales people and get their feedback instead of you changing it against them.

Being taken advantage of

ProsCo-Workers are Great!
    401 k
    Occasional Bonuses

ConsManagement and Ownership are overpaid and do not bother thinking about the people who make them successful!

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement must show more respect to their employees and maybe once try offering a competitive salary!

Worked for Living Spaces? Contribute to the Community!