LivingSocial

LivingSocial Reviews

Updated Jun 29, 2014

LivingSocial CEO Tim O'Shaughnessy

Tim O'Shaughnessy

Pros:
  • "Now the only pro is that I work from home"
    in 46 reviews
  • "Great money if you did well, lots of talented sales people, great benefits"
    in 17 reviews
Cons:
  • "This does not lend itself to a healthy work/life balance if you have small children or a family"
    in 12 reviews
  • "Also, inside sales people are expected to work beyond 40 hours a week"
    in 17 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

All smoke and mirrors

ProsGet to work from home; Amazing insurance; Lots of freedom; No micro-managing; Conventions are super fun but basically a drunk fest

ConsHorrible management; Unrealistic goals; Unprofessional management; Managers were hired into their position instead of working their way up so they don't understand the daily struggles or how to handle many situations

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep your meetings with your employees especially the 1:1's; Don't try to encourage them by threatening or lying about the status of their job; Be real and honest; Don't talk to your employees about your personal problems

place to start

Proslove the place to work

Conshate the people who work here

Advice to Senior Managementwake up

Consumer Services Manager

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFun people, fun perks, lots of energy

ConsPoor strategic direction, make you drink the kool-aid pretty quickly.

Advice to Senior ManagementRelax! Slow down and figure out what the right move is before telling your employees.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Stay Away

ProsThe chance to work with intelligent, hard working people.. and usually only for a year before they wake up and get out. The members of my team were supportive and dedicated.

ConsManagement. As the other reviewers said, they are completely incompetent and unorganized. They play the favorites game. And if they don't like you, they'll make sure you leave out of the door miserable. Out of our team of program managers (and those under them), ALL of the program managers quit ..and other very well-loved, talented employees have been leaving like wild fire. This is a toxic place. No one who has left has anything good to say about it.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat people as you would want to be treated.

One of the Worst!

Marketing Consultant (Former Employee)
    Seattle, WA

ProsSales positions are work from home. You get to work with all kinds of businesses.

ConsManagement from the top down is a joke. Your manager won't be in touch at all until they need something from you. Really high turn over, bad comp plan.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to consider new Management from the top down. Jennifer Terrell is the president (also the star of a trashy reality tv show, real house wives of nashville) Maybe more planning meetings & less filming sessions.

Run don't walk

Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee)
    Charlotte, NC

ProsPeople understand what you are selling, you will get meetings with businesses, co-workers are great, great insurance

ConsUnrealistic sales quotas, managers are not required to help you succeed, burn thru sales people

Advice to Senior ManagementSlow the growth, stop being so greedy, sales people built the business and you treat them the worst

It's a great place to work

Merchant Services (Current Employee)
    Tucson, AZ

ProsLivingSocial cares about it's employees, even at the lowest pay grade (where I started) they offer the same benefits anyone else can get along with some great employee programs to help.

ConsThe work can be tough, and our business partners can sometimes not be the most understanding. Also, it can be difficult to communicate with other departments.

Flag Review
    LivingSocial Team Member responded to this review Jun 5, 2014 EditDelete
    Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback! Communication between departments can be challenging, and it’s something we are constantly working to make better. Be sure to share your ideas and ... More

Fun

Accountant (Former Employee)
    Washington, DC

ProsDifferent industry than generally work in

ConsStability for the future of the company. Really like it, hope they make it.

Still chugging along

ProsConsistent pay, tries hard to still be a hot upcoming and functional company that is valuable to its customers.

ConsUnskilled upper management not in touch with what really goes on. Constant change, constant stuggles to keep on even keel, overbearing operations departments that continue to misunderstand the customer.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop fighting, competing internally for the business, and start working as a team. Be aware of how we look from the outside. Be transparent, talk and communicate with people below you and come up with processes that generate creative ideas, so LivingSocial can be competitive. Take care of your employees, LivingSocial seems to be losing a lot of really good ones that other companies are probably glad to hire.

Outside sales is getting screwed

Marketing Executive (Current Employee)
    Newark, NJ

Proswork from home...make own hours..

Consmanagement raises monthly/quarterly quotas while limiting the businesses you can sign....Regional Sales Directors/ Managers are yes men....managers shadow reps and offer nothing of any importance to the client meetings...Outside sales reps are the lifeblood of the business but the geniuses in DC seem to think that an inside sales rep in a cubicle will produce the same relationship with the merchant and certainly be cheaper than an outside rep..they are simply a company that does not invest in relationships with the merchants.

Advice to Senior ManagementI won't bother ..

Worked for LivingSocial? Contribute to the Community!

LivingSocial Videos

LivingSocial – Why Work for Us?

about livingsocial With thousands of unique and diverse offers every day, we inspire our members to discover everything from weekend excursions to international travel, from exclusive gourmet dinners to family… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at LivingSocial reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for LivingSocial CEO Tim O'Shaughnessy. All 341 reviews posted anonymously by LivingSocial employees.