LivingSocial Reviews

Updated October 12, 2014
3.1

LivingSocial President and CEO Gautam Thakar
Gautam Thakar

Pros
  • Only good thing is that you are able to work from home if you work on the Outside Team (in 52 reviews)

• Fun work environment full of talented sales professionals (in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • Sales team isn't held accountable, low end of the pay scale, little to no work-life balance (in 15 reviews)

• Ridiculous competition with inside sales, when we shout "local" in our Branding (in 19 reviews)

More Highlights

It was great at one time.

Former Employee - Inside Sales in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Inside Sales in Washington, DC

I worked at LivingSocial full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great work environment, young and casual, lots of opportunities for advancement and movement within the company. It was an amazing company to work for, around 2010-2012, and then mid 2012 things started to decline.

Cons

Underpaid and overworked team. Management that micromanaged and never listened. Industry is oversaturated and failing. Sadly, it was a GREAT company at one time, however we all knew it was going to be short-lived. There is no future at this dead-end company.

Great community and very exciting work place!

I worked at LivingSocial

Pros

The benefits were great. The fellow employees were very friendly.

Cons

Personal growth is a bit of a rough road to take with Living Social but the company itself is still on a rise.

Great People, Great Place to Work

I have been working at LivingSocial full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The culture at LivingSocial is great. It's great to work around such fun, energetic and smart people. I actually enjoy coming to work every day, and I feel that I am being challenged and have the opportunity to grow.

Cons

Constant change. This can be tough to adjust to sometimes, but it keeps things interesting.

Need to focus on employee retention by building career paths and promoting and rewarding people that have earned it.

Where else do you get the opportunity to..

Current Employee - Management in Torrance, CA
    Current Employee - Management in Torrance, CA

I have been working at LivingSocial full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Sell guaranteed customers to local SMB's with no upfront money all day, then play foosball while enjoying a company Happy Hour after? I've been at the company for over 3 years, seen massive growth that most only dream of being a part of. The people working here are what make me wake up everyday and look forward to head into the office. Hard working, intelligent, resourceful people that take pride in winning as individuals and as a team. The culture is amazing if you are a positive social person and enjoy selling advertising that works. I've truly made lifelong friends and look forward to many years of career growth and winning to come!

Cons

With the explosive growth and the associated hiring needs, not everyone was a good fit. This creates an environment of frustration for a few that can be tough for everyone. There was a short time where the company may have gotten ahead of itself with a sense of invulnerability. It's good to be back on the right track!

Great work navigating the ship through tough uncharted waters! There is a sense that upper management has finally got their ear to the tracks where previously they may have not. Let's continue this and hopefully expand on it.

Progress, Opportunity, and Fun?

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at LivingSocial full-time

Pros

Let me first say that Tucson is well known for having a competitive call center industry. There are dozens of call center options, plenty of diverse work environments, and a few centers even have competitive pay. LivingSocial blows all of them out of the water.

LivingSocial provides an amazing starting salary along with tons of potential for advancement. In the last two years LivingSocial has expanded the number of projects in their Tucson office and more then doubled their Customer Service employee count. If that's not enough, the environment is extraordinary! Snacks and drinks are provided all day, everyday. Big screen TVs, miniature golf, and a zen room top the list of my favorite environmental additions provided to LivingSocial employees.

Not only is the environment wonderful, but it's stable. In other call centers you can literally see people disappearing day by day. That's not the case here. People work hard to do well, and you almost never hear about an employee leaving the company. I don't know what LivingSocial's attrition rate is, but it must be close to nothing.

If you didn't get it from everything I said above, I'm extremely happy to be working here, and I can't wait to see what the future brings for LivingSocial and their Tucson office.

Cons

If you choose to work for LivingSocial, be sure to bring a peppy attitude, and prepare for change. This is a young company, and is constantly re aligning itself with it's consumer's needs. That means learning new processes, procedures, and systems for the duration of your employment.

I think the management here is great! They have always worked to address any employee concerns, and understand that communication needs to be their top priority.

A mouse in a box

Current Employee - Production Coordinator in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Production Coordinator in Washington, DC

I have been working at LivingSocial full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Free fatty snacks, autonomy, make new friends

Cons

Overworked, under appreciated, a very unhealthy workplace

What a joke

Company is very inconsistent with just about everything

Current Employee - Not Available in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Not Available in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at LivingSocial full-time (more than an year)

Pros

If you like a "fun" environment, with shooting of nerf guns, scooters and loud music, glitter, you will like this company.

Cons

Everything is constantly changing, from inconsistent bereavement policy to call guidelines. Each Supervisor and Manager administer policies and procedures from the way that they perceive them to be. There is no drug test required to work for this company, but an extensive background check. There is a lot of favoritism.

Get on the same page. The excuse that LivingSocial is new does not excuse the kind of behavior present with this company.

Good Place & Good People

Former Employee - Account Executive
    Former Employee - Account Executive

I worked at LivingSocial full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Very nimble and enjoyable company to work for

Cons

Lack of communication and managerial direction.

Weak Management

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I worked at LivingSocial full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Young, Exciting, Cool Office Space

Cons

Low Pay, Incompetent Managers, No direction from Senior Staff

Experience Coordinator

Former Employee - Experience Coordinator
    Former Employee - Experience Coordinator

I worked at LivingSocial part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Get to work fun LS events, meet locals, and learn about event management. Good pay, high morale among the team, overall a great work environment.

Cons

Only part-time and LivingSocial got rid of their events market nationwide. We weren't given much of a warning (you can look it up, it was covered by a number of media outlets and they were dishonest about the amount of people who lost their job). With the close of a whole department, I don't know how much longer LS will last.

Be more forward about your plans to expand or end a branch of your company. It affects a lot of people!