Lloyds Pharmacy

Lloyds Pharmacy Managing Director Cormac Tobin
Cormac Tobin

20 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Satisfying

Current Employee - Dispenser  in  East Grinstead, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Dispenser in East Grinstead, England (UK)

I have been working at Lloyds Pharmacy part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good training including e-learning and monthly assessments
    Always is a number to call for specific departments at head office to sort out problems

Cons

Pay for higher qualified staff e.g. dispensers isn't as good as other companies
    Incentives aren't that great
    No overtime.. only 'banked hours' which is a silly idea

it was one of the best jobs i had, wish i was still there

Former Employee - Supervisor and Dispensar  in  High Blantyre, Scotland (UK)
    Former Employee - Supervisor and Dispensar in High Blantyre, Scotland (UK)

I worked at Lloyds Pharmacy full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

staff was excellent , very friendly, never had problem due to my religion and helping hand was always there

Cons

trying to keep up with growth chart was always hard but were always encouraged with benefits at the end

the little people mean nothing

Current Employee - Manager  in  Manchester, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Manager in Manchester, England (UK)

I have been working at Lloyds Pharmacy full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

some staff can get away with murder as area managers just do not care. If you are lazy or a 'problem' employee you will never lose your job- you will just get moved around or promoted.

Cons

area management rubbish- no direction, communication, have lost touch with the reality of daily work.
    IT is a joke- crashes every five minutes, freezes, just doesn't work full stop 80% of the time
    Head office constantly roll out different focuses that teams are at the stage of shrugging shoulders and thinking 'don't bother it will be something new next month'
    We can only use one supplier who are constantly our of stock of key lines. For the retail side-best sellers are always out of stock, cant order items on promotion, promotions are sent out late or wrong.
    Too much work too little staffing hours. Who cares if we haven't scanned a waiting time card when we have ran a busy branch for the day on one dispenser? Well head office do- they have no idea!!!
    Don't bother moaning about it though as no one will listen.

spend some time in branches!!!! listen to them

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A bittersweet job..

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Lloyds Pharmacy

Pros

The only pros to my job are my colleagues and the location of my pharmacy. We are very fortunate to all get on well in our team. We also have a large number of loyal customers who appreciate us and always put a smile on our faces.

Cons

Constant targets to be met (they try and pretend that the 'services' we provide are for the benefit of our patients but we all know otherwise) they expect you to meet these targets working under busy, stressful conditions (short staffed 99% of the time because they refuse to give us anymore hours)
    Area managers who have never even worked in a pharmacy and therefore know nothing about how they are run.. They are purely business driven and have no regard for anything else.
    Poor pay (I've worked here for 3 years and am on minimum wage, attempting to do my dispensing course but my pharmacy is so busy I don't even get 5 minutes to look at it.. I've done everything I can at home out of work hours but I need the help of the pharmacist or technician) I'd be better off working in Tesco on the checkout but I love my job (only because of my colleagues and patients) and don't want to leave.. Am torn between job satisfaction and being able to live comfortably!)
    I could rant on for hours about the cons..

Better pay for your staff that work their arses off to run your pharmacies.. They deserve it.

constant forth and back with decisions; lack of direction; very chaotic

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Coventry, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Coventry, England (UK)

I worked at Lloyds Pharmacy full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

the market is quite exciting

Cons

lack of Support, lack of clear direction, lack of carreer development

stick to your promises;
    provide more responsibility and accountability to Managers

staff are not valued and are made to feel worthless

Current Employee - Dispenser  in  Glasgow, Scotland (UK)
    Current Employee - Dispenser in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

I have been working at Lloyds Pharmacy part-time for more than 10 years

Pros

local business so easy to get to, the job of dispensing is very interesting and at sometimes challenging.

Cons

it is very much a company where staff are not important. I have experienced staff being 'driven' out of their jobs and lied about, sadly by management. Who are the staff supposed to go to when the managers close ranks? Why are managers allowed to treat their staff in a despicable manner without any of them being called to account? Many workers i know have now joined unions to try and have some help in the injustices they face. Time schedules are being put in front of patient care because silly mistakes are being made in an effort to match targets...........as staff we understand that we work within a business that must make profit to survive but should that be at the expense of their staff and their customers? we now work in branches that have fewer staff and more importantly fewer trained staff, but we are expected to do more work, hit more targets, put in more hours...all this and yet again no pay rise this year so we are working for less money each year. Soul destroying!

Listen to your staff. If staff know that they have a voice they will be more loyal to the company. It should be give and take by the management, not just take.

I am really proud to work for LloydsPharmacy

Current Employee - Pharmacist  in  Grimsby, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Pharmacist in Grimsby, England (UK)

I have been working at Lloyds Pharmacy full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The patient is at the heart of everything we do. I can feel it in my everyday work. I do my best for the company, and I get back the same from the Company, I feel valued and important.

Cons

I am a bit concerned about new delivery driver system which is coming soon. Will our patients get the best care then?

It would be great if management people like area managers, etc. had at least dispenser's qualifications. It would be easier for them to understand pharmacy's everyday life.
     And another thing- if people from Head-office want to see the real situation in the pharmacies, come suddenly!!!! If you let us know in advance you are coming, everybody is prepared, everything looks perfect.

Worst company ever

Current Employee - Employee Looking for A New Job
    Current Employee - Employee Looking for A New Job

I have been working at Lloyds Pharmacy full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

None that I am aware of.

Cons

Constant bullying from area manager, lack of leadership, constant breaches of The company internal SOP's, complete lack of support, this guy is doing whatever he wants without consideration for the business or people. I have raised the issue of bullying with HR and was laughed at! No recruitment transparency - I had instances where more qualified staff was rejected because he didn't like them others were promoted despite complete lack of experience. At least once a months there is a disciplinary going on somewhere in the region. Skilled and hardworking staff is leaving left right and center.....

Get your act together.

The stores based employees deserve more respect

Current Employee - Pharmacist  in  London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Pharmacist in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Lloyds Pharmacy full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

You have a job
    New bonus scheme launched for pharmacy staff

Cons

A lot of new ideas are brought in constantly, and next year changed with new ones, no consistency
    Low pay across store based employees compared with competitors
    Lack of respect and appreciation from senior management
    19th century IT

Our say doesn't count, so saying anything is waste of time

technician

Former Employee - Technician  in  Manchester, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Technician in Manchester, England (UK)

I worked at Lloyds Pharmacy part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

rewarding and encouraging high management,

Cons

short staff, less strategical, poor peer relationship

should maintain good peer relationship and manger employer relationship, need to work for ample of staff in the branches

Worked for Lloyds Pharmacy? Contribute to the Community!