Lloyds Pharmacy

Updated Jul 2, 2014

Lloyds Pharmacy Managing Director Cormac Tobin

Cormac Tobin

12 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

I am really proud to work for LloydsPharmacy

Pharmacist (Current Employee) Grimsby, England (UK)

ProsThe patient is at the heart of everything we do. I can feel it in my everyday work. I do my best for the company, and I get back the same from the Company, I feel valued and important.

ConsI am a bit concerned about new delivery driver system which is coming soon. Will our patients get the best care then?

Advice to Senior ManagementIt would be great if management people like area managers, etc. had at least dispenser's qualifications. It would be easier for them to understand pharmacy's everyday life.
     And another thing- if people from Head-office want to see the real situation in the pharmacies, come suddenly!!!! If you let us know in advance you are coming, everybody is prepared, everything looks perfect.

technician

Technician (Former Employee) Manchester, England (UK)

Prosrewarding and encouraging high management,

Consshort staff, less strategical, poor peer relationship

Advice to Senior Managementshould maintain good peer relationship and manger employer relationship, need to work for ample of staff in the branches

Branches not connected to the management, HR not in place

ProsGood salaries, you may end up without seeing your line manager for months and months

Consemployees recruitment left in the hand of unqualified line managers and branch managers without HR intervention, waste of money in each operation.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Lloyds Pharmacy

Store Assistant (Former Employee) Wigan, England (UK)

Proslovely atmosphere, nice place to work

Consnot given any oppoetunities to rise up within the company, salary, office attitude

Advice to Senior Managementcare more about your employees personal needs instead of expecting the world from them.

Educational, proffesional and enjoyable

Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) Southend-on-Sea, England (UK)

ProsLLoyds Pharmacy want to further your skills while you work. They offer full sponsorship and guidance on all NPA courses, this is something which I haven't heard of at any other pharmacy. It allows you to take on more responsibility, gain experience and really improve your employability in the pharmaceutical industry.

ConsI've worked for 3 differing LLoyds pharmacies and without a shadow of a doubt the employees make the place. In two locations the work couldn't have been better and that is solely due to great management (a honourable mention to Nike found at Fossetts Way, Eastern Ave, Southend On Sea, Essex SS2 4DQ who literally could not be improved upon) and the helpfulness of staff. However, in one location shabby and poor management created an incredibly poor environment to work and ultimately resulted in me leaving Lloyds pharmacy employment for good in the Manchester Area (Brunswick Road).

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep an eye on how well and professional your management system is working. It's the glue that makes your company in most cases a sparkling example

Unforgettable

Fully Qualified Accredited Checking Technician (Former Employee) Exeter, England (UK)

ProsHoliday and sick pay... am now self-employed and those things don't apply!

ConsWas a travelling fully qualified dispensing technician at one stage and found I was being pushed hard to get to two or three different shops in one day. Covered 500 miles in one week and had enough at that point!

Now, as a casual customer of several different branches, I find the medicines counters usually understaffed and staff concerned about getting their task done before being interrupted by the inconvenience of a customer. Lloyds is not alone in this.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake it absolutely clear to staff that the customer is king and pays their wages. Then the area management need to make it absolutely clear to the shop management that if their staff are treating the customers correctly, they will probably not get the other work (eg stock management) done in the time you expect them to.

Lloyds new delivery service from may 2014

Driver (Current Employee) Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)

Prosexpect a shambles, coustomers will be forced to stay in till 6pm waiting for a delivery of they meds cut backs on drivers ahead ,now it will be 1 driver to cover 3 shops per day as well as he/she will have to pick up all doctors scripts as well.Great time will be lost for drivers picking up scripts and drivers will be running back and forward to the same area 3, times a day from 3, different shops frustrating for a driver and i see a lose of good drivers who go out in all weather for this company and get very little rewards,Lloyds are just the same as boots making this move .Wrong thats why boots just lost £ 4 million on changing there service and the idiot that changed it admitted that it did not work and wrapped in working for boots ,what he left was a complete mess drivers up the wall, good strong coustomers left boots to go else were for meds now watch Lloyds make the same mistake the trouble with senior management they dont ask drivers whats wrong with the system the just jump in u have to be a driver to now what happings on the groung not some pen pusher making £30grand a year.And all it needed was the shops to have a radiusinstead of a driver traveling 15miles to do a single drop from there base brains not these bosses ask a driver ? not a pen pusher.now drivers face redundances because of senior crap.

Consif this company can con a worker they will and dont expect to be paid overtime your just a dogs body

Advice to Senior Managementopen your eyes try doing your own delliveries see it from a drivers end not sitting in a office ,u got a tounge ask the driver he knows better than u will ever know.

'Celesio Group (UK)' integration in 2012 was a mess, letting people with zero retail experience run a retail business

Operations (Former Employee) Coventry, England (UK)

ProsIt was good when Lloyds was Lloyds, and not run by managers from the wholesale sister company AAH.

ConsNo real sense of strategic direction. Business model was bust with 90% of profit coming from prescriptions - just couldn't compete with Boots/Superdrug/supermarkets. A ruderless company owned by Germans with no clue on how to invest and drive profit in retail pharmacy.

Advice to Senior ManagementResign

A reasonable company to work for

Act (Current Employee)

ProsHappy to give training, reasonable support systems

ConsNot the greatest pay scales, staff welfare isn't high on the agenda, middle and branch management is questionable in regards to ability, very few staff reward schemes.

Very frustrating

Prescription Distribution (Current Employee) Dalton in Furness, England (UK)

ProsMeet a new pharmacist every week- even if doesn't speak no English.

ConsSince the"re-vamp" a two star shop, but five star service has gone to a one star shop with none what so ever service.

Advice to Senior ManagementPermanent faces would be nice.

Worked for Lloyds Pharmacy? Contribute to the Community!