Lloydspharmacy

Lloydspharmacy Managing Director Cormac Tobin
Cormac Tobin

27 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Pharmacy review

Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Birmingham, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Birmingham, England (UK)

I have been working at Lloydspharmacy full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Friendly staf, good working conditions.

Cons

Rate of pay, could be better, depending on your experience.

Listen to your staff

great Company

Former Employee - Pharmacy sales assistant in Totton, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Pharmacy sales assistant in Totton, England (UK)

I worked at Lloydspharmacy full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Lloyds was a good company to work for. Great co-workers and brillant learning. All round great environment. Pleasure working in my lloyds shop.

Cons

rate of pay was a problem for the amount we was excepted to do. Not that great if you wanted to forward in a career.

Listen more to us and not so much to management because they only tell you what you want to hear so our problems wasn't really addressed.

Worst company is an understatement!

Current Employee - Dispenser in Birmingham, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Dispenser in Birmingham, England (UK)

I have been working at Lloydspharmacy full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Some staff are friendly and hardworking, depending where you work of course...

Cons

AAH always has many supply issues
    Compass crashes all the time
    Some staff are incompetent or inadequately trained.
    Pharmacy manager is lazy and thick as two short planks (I've worked with some who can prove we should change Darwin theory to "survival of the thickest", yet they are entrusted with patient care).
    Area managers are often not pharmacists so haven't a clue what they are doing.
    People in head office im pretty sure have never worked in pharmacy so don't have a clue what to do.
    This is just a start.... The pay is rubbish and there's little or no opportunity for growth.
    There's a reason why most people go to boots! I get discount and yet still go to boots myself! I have a boots card!
    The company is rubbish! I know these EPS stores are opening but they are still rubbish...
    I can see this company going further downhill.
    I for one will be glad to leave and happy to never look back!

Get area managers who know what they are doing.
    Get pharmacy managers who know how to work...Not just when the area manager visits...
    Listen to your staff not just managers who sit on their backsides and don't know what's going on in their own pharmacy.
    Get a grip or you will go out of business!
    No one will read this from lloyds...staff or management, but if you do...this is the real interpretation of the company from a long term employee. Enjoy

Satisfying

Current Employee - Dispenser in East Grinstead, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Dispenser in East Grinstead, England (UK)

I have been working at Lloydspharmacy part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good training including e-learning and monthly assessments
    Always is a number to call for specific departments at head office to sort out problems

Cons

Pay for higher qualified staff e.g. dispensers isn't as good as other companies
    Incentives aren't that great
    No overtime.. only 'banked hours' which is a silly idea

Locally rewarding and enjoyabke , but company overal is a frustrating employer

I have been working at Lloydspharmacy full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Community pharmacy means relationships built with local regulars so that you feel like you make a difference in peoples lives. Services offered are varied and beneficial. Company is beginning to review practices and are involving staff more in decision making and improvement.

Cons

Low pay for increased responsibility. Always being told to improve performance and given unrealistic targets because of not enough staff or because targets are not appropriate for the area in which the pharmacy is based. Low staff morale as very little encouragement or reward, only criticism.

Appreciate your staff - they work very hard for limited reward/ recognition

it was one of the best jobs i had, wish i was still there

Former Employee - Supervisor and Dispensar in High Blantyre, Scotland (UK)
    Former Employee - Supervisor and Dispensar in High Blantyre, Scotland (UK)

I worked at Lloydspharmacy full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

staff was excellent , very friendly, never had problem due to my religion and helping hand was always there

Cons

trying to keep up with growth chart was always hard but were always encouraged with benefits at the end

the little people mean nothing

Current Employee - Manager in Manchester, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Manager in Manchester, England (UK)

I have been working at Lloydspharmacy full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

some staff can get away with murder as area managers just do not care. If you are lazy or a 'problem' employee you will never lose your job- you will just get moved around or promoted.

Cons

area management rubbish- no direction, communication, have lost touch with the reality of daily work.
    IT is a joke- crashes every five minutes, freezes, just doesn't work full stop 80% of the time
    Head office constantly roll out different focuses that teams are at the stage of shrugging shoulders and thinking 'don't bother it will be something new next month'
    We can only use one supplier who are constantly our of stock of key lines. For the retail side-best sellers are always out of stock, cant order items on promotion, promotions are sent out late or wrong.
    Too much work too little staffing hours. Who cares if we haven't scanned a waiting time card when we have ran a busy branch for the day on one dispenser? Well head office do- they have no idea!!!
    Don't bother moaning about it though as no one will listen.

spend some time in branches!!!! listen to them

A bittersweet job..

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Lloydspharmacy

Pros

The only pros to my job are my colleagues and the location of my pharmacy. We are very fortunate to all get on well in our team. We also have a large number of loyal customers who appreciate us and always put a smile on our faces.

Cons

Constant targets to be met (they try and pretend that the 'services' we provide are for the benefit of our patients but we all know otherwise) they expect you to meet these targets working under busy, stressful conditions (short staffed 99% of the time because they refuse to give us anymore hours)
    Area managers who have never even worked in a pharmacy and therefore know nothing about how they are run.. They are purely business driven and have no regard for anything else.
    Poor pay (I've worked here for 3 years and am on minimum wage, attempting to do my dispensing course but my pharmacy is so busy I don't even get 5 minutes to look at it.. I've done everything I can at home out of work hours but I need the help of the pharmacist or technician) I'd be better off working in Tesco on the checkout but I love my job (only because of my colleagues and patients) and don't want to leave.. Am torn between job satisfaction and being able to live comfortably!)
    I could rant on for hours about the cons..

Better pay for your staff that work their arses off to run your pharmacies.. They deserve it.

constant forth and back with decisions; lack of direction; very chaotic

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Coventry, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Coventry, England (UK)

I worked at Lloydspharmacy full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

the market is quite exciting

Cons

lack of Support, lack of clear direction, lack of carreer development

stick to your promises;
    provide more responsibility and accountability to Managers

staff are not valued and are made to feel worthless

Current Employee - Dispenser in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)
    Current Employee - Dispenser in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

I have been working at Lloydspharmacy part-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

local business so easy to get to, the job of dispensing is very interesting and at sometimes challenging.

Cons

it is very much a company where staff are not important. I have experienced staff being 'driven' out of their jobs and lied about, sadly by management. Who are the staff supposed to go to when the managers close ranks? Why are managers allowed to treat their staff in a despicable manner without any of them being called to account? Many workers i know have now joined unions to try and have some help in the injustices they face. Time schedules are being put in front of patient care because silly mistakes are being made in an effort to match targets...........as staff we understand that we work within a business that must make profit to survive but should that be at the expense of their staff and their customers? we now work in branches that have fewer staff and more importantly fewer trained staff, but we are expected to do more work, hit more targets, put in more hours...all this and yet again no pay rise this year so we are working for less money each year. Soul destroying!

Listen to your staff. If staff know that they have a voice they will be more loyal to the company. It should be give and take by the management, not just take.