LoJack

Be The First To
Add Photos

LoJack President & CEO Randy L. Ortiz

Randy L. Ortiz

Focused on operations and sales

ProsThe company is doing well financially. Car are stolen everywhere. The current CEO and business team seem to execute well the selling of the legacy product. Atmosphere is quite relaxed.

ConsPersonal growth is reserved to a special class at the top. There is very little technical innovation.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe company is top heavy, too many managers, innovation close to zero, no new products. Is doing well currently but some competitive products are closing the gap.

Don't work here unless you have no other option

IT Engineer (Current Employee) Westwood, MA

ProsSmall company, you can learn the things faster

ConsLess pay, no growth and no benefits. Things get too personal sometimes with the coworkers.

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

a real good job

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsRoom for advancement, they provide schooling to advance higher.

Consstrict dress code, don't understand why because piblic was not allowed in site.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good Place to work if you are upper management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosthe people are great; laid back environment

Conslittle to no growth opportunities

My 6 1/2 years at LoJack was an incredible journey!

Account Manager (Former Employee) Scottsdale, AZ

ProsLoJack was a work/life balance based company that valued it's employees. I learned a great deal, made some wonderful business contacts, enjoyed several years success and am grateful for my time spent there to this day.

ConsTo no fault of thier own the economic automotive crash. Stagnet technology. In addition, the excess amount of administrative demands on the sales personnel.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep a positive, informative line of communication between cororate and the field. Support and stand up for your team.

Great opportunity to learn, but mixed opportunity to advance in your career.

Manager (Former Employee) Westwood, MA

ProsThe people there really want to make a difference and work together. Over the years that I was there they looked at a number of different industries and technologies, so the opportunity to be involved in new innovative things is there.

ConsMuch of what LoJack does is focused on their core business which for many reasons is declining. Often though, new businesses are held to the same expectations as the established business and they don't give it enough time to grow. In addition, your experience is very influenced by who you work with and once your reputation is set, it is hard to improve it.

Advice to Senior ManagementDetermine whether the strategy is to grow more for existing channels or expand to new channels, but don't try to do both, because then you don't succeed either way.

Troublesome future

Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) Canton, MA

ProsGreat relationship with law enforcement; reliable basic theft recovery technology

ConsUnstable leadership and lack of vision. Company has all its eggs in one basket. Its distribution strategy rests within the hand of few car dealerships. The company does not invest in employee development beyond basic training. Lojack hardly promote within except on the top where you have few siblings in VP positions who keep getting promotions and promoting their friends at the ewpense of more deserving and hardworking employees. The company technology is outdated; it Early warning products is unreliable and expensive. SafetyNet is a total loss

Advice to Senior ManagementGet out of your comfort zone; embrace diversity and innovate. Pull the plug on SafetyNet. It is a failure that has lasted too long at the expense of shareholders.

Ok place to work in a good economy

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Westwood, MA

ProsMarket leader, recognized company in the industry

ConsHigh turnover, low morale, lack of flexibility

Advice to Senior ManagementRedefine business model

Lost Job

Yes (Former Employee) Westwood, MA

ProsWork-life balance is important to the company and it seems like they really try to accomodate their workers when they can.

Conscorporate downsizing and lack of support; company tries to do well for its workforce but workers are stressed and things fall through the cracks

Advice to Senior ManagementLeadership could be stronger. When there are big changes in a company's leadership the writing is usually on the wall.

Company is spinning its wheels

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Westwood, MA

ProsIf you have the right manager, you can learn a lot and get a chance to contribute to some successes within your area.

ConsBenefits are the worst in my career. Nepotism counts for more than ability and track record. Senior management makes poor decisions leading to 4 major layoffs.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop trying to make the company into something it is not and cannot be. The employees know when they are being misled.

Worked for LoJack? Contribute to the Community!