LoJack

LoJack President & CEO Randy L. Ortiz
Randy L. Ortiz

Good place to work

I worked at LoJack

Pros

Great people who are passionate about what they do.

Cons

They need to develop some new technology

They are great people, lack of promotions and fair compensation.

Current Employee - Field Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Field Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at LoJack full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The people are dedicated and make lasting connections with all the others who work with them. I found the connections and the personal recognition from the people you know is what drives us to keep working hard. There are many very good managers, and a lot of helpful and optimistic attitudes no matter what happens or how much work we have to do.

Cons

They don't have much promotion and recognition for performance that can make people feel neglected and upset by the demand for maximum productivity without any reward outside of keeping your job. The people on the bottom get stuck without any way to move up because there are not positions available for them. People in the middle probably get stuck too, it seems all the movement is always in the executive and high up leadership team while everyone who works real hard every day to make us grow just gets told to keep at it and that we are appreciated.

Look out for the people who are really working harder than other people, from the technicians to the managers, and work to promote and pay those people what they are worth by shedding dead weight and rewarding those who give it their all day in and day out. Too many people are still barely doing half the work they should, while others are working twice as hard to pick up the slack. Those people who are working so hard should be rewarded, and the ones who don't should go. Too many managers and supervisors protecting people who are not good for the company because they are friends. That would help the whole company and everyone who works for it.

Great company with a great history.....

Former Employee - Business Development Manager in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Business Development Manager in Washington, DC

I worked at LoJack full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Recognition is great, if you perform well they will heap rewards upon you. The vacation calendar is extremely favorable with two weeks to start going to three weeks after 5 years then 4 weeks after 10 years. The holiday calendar is also favorable and they add in a personal day for your birthday.

Corporate environment is good.

Health care package is average.

Cons

Pay plan changes almost every year with no consistency. The management does not communicate well with the field.

You need to be "on call" 24/7 with your clients but when an issue arises you have to jump through too many hoops to solve it.

Define where LoJack is going.

Reduce the silos between sales/operations and the home office.

Get it back with LoJack!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Canton, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Canton, MA

I have been working at LoJack

Pros

Good co-workers and managers, quality people and attitude, overall company direction, and organizational structure. It's a company from the top-down that has an open-door feel. The CEO will get lunch in the cafeteria regularly and it's nice to see former police officers work for the company (c'mon, it's LoJack), which intrinsically fosters a healthy environment of pride and respectability.
    Getting a LoJack with a heavy discount. Company has a great track record for recovering stolen vehicles, etc.

Cons

Ehhh, not the best pay, but not the worst either. It's all relative to your position of course. ie, I'm sure the engineers are compensated more than fairly. The one engineer I knew flew to different countries and had it made with a cushy role.
    In my particular department, it was modest; barely a living wage for city life even if you're a proponent of roommate subsistence. There was much disarray that prevented the type of higher-level compensation that should've been feasible with better business protocols, etc.
    I knew of a co-worker that was fired for an arbitrary reason, but such is the name of the game in Corporate. Also, there isn't much room for advancement. It's a traditional corporate set up.

Great coworkers, willing to work with you but can't make any progress. Too many political battles.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Canton, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Canton, MA

I worked at LoJack full-time (more than a year)

Pros

It's a job. Better than not having one. The team I worked with was great. Very collaborative.

Cons

This company is stuck in the 90s. Problem is its 2014. The pay is below market average. They have a poor understanding of technology. They haven't made or improved their core product in 20 years.

If car dealers go away from existing model, this company dies.

Since I left in August- the stock has dropped from 5.15 to less than 2.50 a share. The market cap was 100M, now it's 50M. Management is acting like everything is ok, when this is a sign of a company in distress.

Great Company in Every Aspect

I have been working at LoJack full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Longstanding company with excellent benefits (health, 401K, holidays), work environment and leadership. Outside the Canton office; if you are self starter needing little managing on a daily basis and work well on your own, it's a great place to work. Many positions have out of market managers. Some positions travel local, others cover a territory east and/or west coasts. Many of the employees are 5+ year and even more are 10+ with the company. There are 20-25 year employees as well in all types of position. Employees tend to stay. Positions in operations and sales can be found throughout the country and they are growing.

Cons

Limited short term position growth potential. Don't look to move up the chain quickly. If you are not flexible and can accept change, this is not the place for you. Change and company growth go together here. You also need to know how to balance job and life outside of work. (We tend to work very hard and forget about everything else)

Good place to work.if your single.

I worked at LoJack full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Interesting experiences. Good pay, insurance and some perks.

Cons

Company expects a lot for their money. Quick to lay-off or force out employees when money gets tight. Some unsafe work practices promoted by management. Nepotism.

Interesting

I have been working at LoJack

Pros

Friendly co-workers, nice building, relaxed atmosphere

Cons

minimal follow through on needed and documented changes

Focused on operations and sales

I have been working at LoJack full-time

Pros

The company is doing well financially. Car are stolen everywhere. The current CEO and business team seem to execute well the selling of the legacy product. Atmosphere is quite relaxed.

Cons

Personal growth is reserved to a special class at the top. There is very little technical innovation.

The company is top heavy, too many managers, innovation close to zero, no new products. Is doing well currently but some competitive products are closing the gap.

Don't work here unless you have no other option

Current Employee - IT Engineer in Westwood, MA
    Current Employee - IT Engineer in Westwood, MA

I have been working at LoJack full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Small company, you can learn the things faster

Cons

Less pay, no growth and no benefits. Things get too personal sometimes with the coworkers.

N/A