LoJack

Get it back with LoJack!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Canton, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Canton, MA

I have been working at LoJack

Pros

Good co-workers and managers, quality people and attitude, overall company direction, and organizational structure. It's a company from the top-down that has an open-door feel. The CEO will get lunch in the cafeteria regularly and it's nice to see former police officers work for the company (c'mon, it's LoJack), which intrinsically fosters a healthy environment of pride and respectability.
    Getting a LoJack with a heavy discount. Company has a great track record for recovering stolen vehicles, etc.

Cons

Ehhh, not the best pay, but not the worst either. It's all relative to your position of course. ie, I'm sure the engineers are compensated more than fairly. The one engineer I knew flew to different countries and had it made with a cushy role.
    In my particular department, it was modest; barely a living wage for city life even if you're a proponent of roommate subsistence. There was much disarray that prevented the type of higher-level compensation that should've been feasible with better business protocols, etc.
    I knew of a co-worker that was fired for an arbitrary reason, but such is the name of the game in Corporate. Also, there isn't much room for advancement. It's a traditional corporate set up.

Great coworkers, willing to work with you but can't make any progress. Too many political battles.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Canton, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Canton, MA

I worked at LoJack full-time (more than an year)

Pros

It's a job. Better than not having one. The team I worked with was great. Very collaborative.

Cons

This company is stuck in the 90s. Problem is its 2014. The pay is below market average. They have a poor understanding of technology. They haven't made or improved their core product in 20 years.

If car dealers go away from existing model, this company dies.

Since I left in August- the stock has dropped from 5.15 to less than 2.50 a share. The market cap was 100M, now it's 50M. Management is acting like everything is ok, when this is a sign of a company in distress.

Great Company in Every Aspect

I have been working at LoJack full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Longstanding company with excellent benefits (health, 401K, holidays), work environment and leadership. Outside the Canton office; if you are self starter needing little managing on a daily basis and work well on your own, it's a great place to work. Many positions have out of market managers. Some positions travel local, others cover a territory east and/or west coasts. Many of the employees are 5+ year and even more are 10+ with the company. There are 20-25 year employees as well in all types of position. Employees tend to stay. Positions in operations and sales can be found throughout the country and they are growing.

Cons

Limited short term position growth potential. Don't look to move up the chain quickly. If you are not flexible and can accept change, this is not the place for you. Change and company growth go together here. You also need to know how to balance job and life outside of work. (We tend to work very hard and forget about everything else)

Good place to work.if your single.

I worked at LoJack full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Interesting experiences. Good pay, insurance and some perks.

Cons

Company expects a lot for their money. Quick to lay-off or force out employees when money gets tight. Some unsafe work practices promoted by management. Nepotism.

Interesting

I have been working at LoJack

Pros

Friendly co-workers, nice building, relaxed atmosphere

Cons

minimal follow through on needed and documented changes

Focused on operations and sales

I have been working at LoJack full-time

Pros

The company is doing well financially. Car are stolen everywhere. The current CEO and business team seem to execute well the selling of the legacy product. Atmosphere is quite relaxed.

Cons

Personal growth is reserved to a special class at the top. There is very little technical innovation.

The company is top heavy, too many managers, innovation close to zero, no new products. Is doing well currently but some competitive products are closing the gap.

Don't work here unless you have no other option

Current Employee - IT Engineer in Westwood, MA
    Current Employee - IT Engineer in Westwood, MA

I have been working at LoJack full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Small company, you can learn the things faster

Cons

Less pay, no growth and no benefits. Things get too personal sometimes with the coworkers.

N/A

a real good job

I worked at LoJack

Pros

Room for advancement, they provide schooling to advance higher.

Cons

strict dress code, don't understand why because piblic was not allowed in site.

Good Place to work if you are upper management

I worked at LoJack

Pros

the people are great; laid back environment

Cons

little to no growth opportunities

My 6 1/2 years at LoJack was an incredible journey!

Former Employee - Account Manager in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at LoJack full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

LoJack was a work/life balance based company that valued it's employees. I learned a great deal, made some wonderful business contacts, enjoyed several years success and am grateful for my time spent there to this day.

Cons

To no fault of thier own the economic automotive crash. Stagnet technology. In addition, the excess amount of administrative demands on the sales personnel.

Keep a positive, informative line of communication between cororate and the field. Support and stand up for your team.