LoanSifter Reviews

1 Rating

1. Professional Family

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Appleton, WI
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Appleton, WI

I have been working at LoanSifter full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A place where you can develop professionally and be treated fairly. The environment is extremely friendly. We work hard but enjoy flexibility. The company is seeing increasing growth and there are a lot of opportunities.

Cons

Not as many HR benefits compared to larger companies. (Slowly been increasing though)

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing and remember how you got to where you are.

2. Poor company only good for entry level person. Very low pay, nepotism rules!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Appleton, WI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Appleton, WI

I have been working at LoanSifter full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Can work from home and home only. No library, coffee shop or anywhere else with a strong WiFi signal. No reason why? Good for work at home moms, college students (minimum 30 hours for partime!) and those with low career expectations.

Cons

Where do I begin? Low pay, no room for growth unless you are 'liked' by upper management. Inflexibility with part time workers. Benefits are mediocre (70% 30%) , although company paid premiums are good. Management is intolerant of work-life balance. Must ask for time off well in advance. Remote workers receive NO company paid expenses: Internet, electricity, overhead, equipment---you provide your own computer, if it breaks, YOU are responsible. Very short staffed, going through a merger currently. BTW, I am not a disgruntled employee, I rate them on the basis of comparison to many other companies I've worked for. This place is fine, if you are entry level or as described above.

Advice to Management

Remember that remote workers are NOT compensated for our expenses and are people too! Provide actual market pay and room for advancement to SENIOR employees!

3. Company is very tight-knit, excellent growth opportunities, very low turnover

Current Employee - Chief Technology Officer in Appleton, WI
    Current Employee - Chief Technology Officer in Appleton, WI

I have been working at LoanSifter

Pros

fast-paced, young, close team, a lot of room for growth in most positions

Cons

some positions are less opportunistic than others, pace can be hectic for some

LoanSifter.com is a great 2nd job -- for FULL time its pay structure is WAY too low!

Current Employee - Database Analyst in Wisconsin Dells, WI
    Current Employee - Database Analyst in Wisconsin Dells, WI

I have been working at LoanSifter

Pros

Easy commute, work from your home computer, anywhere in the country.

Cons

- Very low pay ($10/hour) for complicated database skills. Not high tech, but MUCH more than simple data-entry! And data entry normally pays more than this! - NO room for advancement (except if you work WITHIN the company). Virtual employees like have almost NO chance for advancement. -NO review process (for raises or general review of your work) at all! They dont have any policy in place for it--thats the official company statement. - Only health insurance and PTO for benefits.

Advice to Management

Realize that some people are working FULL time and need a higher salary. Secondly, senior staff should be compensated for time with the company. Lastly, post pictures of company parties and such. For some who work outside the WI area, it would be nice to feel 'connected' to the company.

RSS Feed </> Embed