Loblaw

Be The First To
Add Photos

Loblaw Executive Chairman Galen G. Weston

Galen G. Weston

Pros
  • Work life balance amazing (although this is depending on your boss)(in 9 reviews)

• Benefits are reasonable for part time employment(in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Not all of us are trying to work as part time employees for the rest of our lives, FYI(in 11 reviews)

• Pay was crappy, benefits were basic and work life balance was non existent(in 5 reviews)

Software Developer

Software Developer (Former Employee) Brampton, ON (Canada)

ProsGood environment, nice team setting, flexible in many respects.

ConsPay is low compared to industry

Good

Department Manager (Current Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsOrganized, good communication, good standards

ConsAdvancement is hard as they don't count everyone in the company as an "internal" candidate

Advice to Senior ManagementIf people work fort the company, either corporate or a franchise, they have still dedicated their career to Loblaws and should be classified as internal candidates when applying for posting.

clerk

Clerk (Former Employee) Laval, QC (Canada)

Prosput product on shelf with cases pallet

Consthe cleaning the pallet floor employer

Advice to Senior Managementprodutive

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Top Down approach company

Senior Manager (Former Employee) Brampton, ON (Canada)

Prosthey know what they want and get it done the way is needed

Consturn away sustainable and core skills that need to stay for growth

Advice to Senior Managementengage employees, and make them feel confident in the management. Treat them as part of the organisation to take it to next level. quick and timely gains will not last long.

It was a great experience and would like to go back. If my career ambition permits me to do so.

Summer Student - Store Communications (Current Employee) Brampton, ON (Canada)

ProsThe are big on developing a culture and they were going though so changes and aquistions but they did a great job of communicating to employees

ConsThere aren't many Con that come to mind

Cashier (PT)

Cashier (Former Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

Pros-great co workers
    - great environment

Cons- you cant drink water at your station nor sit down gotta stand up for five hours with 15 mins break)
    - collegues get discounts or benefits after six months
     - gotta be available on friday and weekend even though you may not get time slot

Worked there for 2 Years and was dissatisfied with management in my particular store.

Part Time Clerk (Former Employee) Montreal, QC (Canada)

ProsGood customer service experience for young students

ConsDisorganized chain of command, small growth opportunities. Horrible pay scale

Advice to Senior ManagementGive opportunities to ambitious employees

Fine job for someone who is still in school

Deli Customer Service Clerk (Former Employee) Mississauga, ON (Canada)

ProsFlexibility, some fun energetic people

Conspoor management, no room for growth

Your co-workers begin to feel like a family.

Cashier Loblaws (Current Employee) Ajax, ON (Canada)

ProsWork is easy to get a hold of, the supervisors are nice since they all have been in your place before so they know what it's like.

ConsDealing with the public is scary. People are complete jerks the majority of the time so you have to have a strong suit to deal with the general public.

Horribly Managed

Cashier (Current Employee) Kamloops, BC (Canada)

Pros-discount card
    -ability to chat with customers
    -benifits
    -some supervisors can be nice

Cons-no respect to the cashiers or other floor members
    -plenty of store gossip
    -horribly managed, to this day after working there for six months, i have never even had a conversation with the store manager
    -supervisors and customer service workers chat during the whole shift while the cashiers and other front end members are hard at work
    -supervisors treat all members of the positions lower than them with no respect
    -supervisors have a poor, unenergetic attitude that has been pointed out to me by customers
    -the union does more harm than good; so many restrictions especially towards part-timers that create stress
    -you only get time off if the people who work there personally like you. 90% of my holiday requests (reasonable time and length requests, too) get denied.
    -The store is often dirty
    -no opportunity for advancement (not speaking for myself, a full timer i had a conversation with hasn't been given any opportunity to advance in the 3 years she has been working there)

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease have staff-meetings. Show more attention to the cashiers and other entry-level position team members and have a chat with the janitor. It is not a good thing when 4 people report mice in one day.

Worked for Loblaw? Contribute to the Community!