Loblaw Reviews

Reset
3.2
Loblaw Executive Chairman Galen G. Weston
Galen G. Weston

Pros
  • Work life balance amazing (although this is depending on your boss) (in 9 reviews)

• Good for a part time job experience (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • If you are a part time employee, you are not guaranteed hours (in 12 reviews)

• I am disgusted to see that a company like this discourages youth from work-life balance because it is so demanding and taxing on your time (in 6 reviews)

BOD's Developer

I have been working at Loblaw

Pros

You can enhance your ability, analytically and logically.

Cons

basically this company is not strict on schedule.

2. Loblaw is leading the sector in leadership and equality.

Former Employee - Grocery Clerk in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Grocery Clerk in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I worked at Loblaw

Pros

Diversity and equality. Excellent leadership.

Cons

Too many accounting departments and divisions which can result in payment issues.

Advice to Management

Increase routine visits at stores, the little things and bad habits need to be stopped in their tracks.

3. Fun place to work

I have been working at Loblaw

Pros

-Management is good -treated with respect -Paid training

Cons

-Stand for 8 hours -Short breaks

Advice to Management

There is really no advice at all

Challenging and rewarding

Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Ottawa, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Loblaw

Pros

Pay, hours, benefits, location, co-workers

Cons

Clientele, crowded, busy, stressful, open on weeke-ends.

Advice to Management

be more open to new ideas

6. Loblaws is a great place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Loblaw

Pros

There are many different avenues open for career development within the organization and there is a great pool of experienced and talented people at all levels.

Cons

Not speific to loblaws but more to the retil sector is that woking hours are dictated by the customer and so "traditional" shift times and working days (eg weekends off, time off at christmas and other holidays) just are not feasible.

Advice to Management

Listen to all people within your organization. You may be surprised at what you can gain.

7. working here in high school part time, great experience.

Current Employee - Loblaws Drugstore Clerk
    Current Employee - Loblaws Drugstore Clerk

I have been working at Loblaw

Pros

-Friendly, pleasant colleagues who are always helpful -Clean, organized store -Scheduling is very accommodating (we could request days off at any time due to school or personal life) -You really do learn a lot, especially from other employees and through your own work experience -Manager doesn't watch over you all the time while working, just leaves you with tasks, and doesn't make employees approach and greet customers (well obviously since it is a grocery store, but that is still a really big pro of working there as opposed to some of my friends who worked in clothing stores) -Manager is understanding and treats employees with fairness and respect, and hard work is recognized

Cons

-although the store is clean the employee locker rooms and lunchroom are dirty -physically hard (lifting boxes, moving skids) but I didn't really mind -Since it is retail, the difficult customers

Advice to Management

I think the managers and leadership at the store I worked at do a great job, they are very understanding. The only thing was that there wasn't much training and preparation for work at all. Mostly learned on the job and through other employees. When you ask for assistance the management is always glad to help, but when you first start you feel nervous not knowing how to do anything.

8. Very positive experience. Truly is a great place to work!!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brampton, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brampton, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Loblaw

Pros

Loblaw takes care of employees with a good salary, great benefits, consistent bonus plan and does a lot to keep us up to date on all the latest training. Overall, I have loved working at Loblaw and they truly have been a great employer. Very engaged workforce.

Cons

It is often too crowded, especially while the SAP implementation is happening, space is at a premium for everyone. Hopefully when it is done, there will be more space.

9. It was pretty good.

I worked at Loblaw

Pros

I just worked here as a student so it was a good place to work with friends and make some money for school.

Cons

There was no hope of going up in the company too far if you worked in the store because of obvious reasons.

10. fast paced

I have been working at Loblaw

Pros

Decent pay and benefits help offset the demands that the company puts on the department managers. It's a salary position and more often than not you may find yourself working overtime for free.

Cons

The company expects you to do all your own administrative work, which leaves little time to be on the sales floor.

Advice to Management

Department managers should be appreciated more, especially when they put in all the extra hours that are required. Also, there should be exceptions made when a department manager wants to have a stat holiday off

11. Pretty much a great job for part-time

Current Employee - Cashier in Edmonton, AB (Canada)
    Current Employee - Cashier in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I have been working at Loblaw

Pros

- Good pay for a student - Great environment - Flexible schedule - Lots of hours for new employees ( But on the long run, I'm not sure but I can see mostly everyone get 15-20 hours/week) - Minimal supervisor - Easy job if you don't mind remembering like 50 products code - which was only popular one : orage, onion, etc ( Not to mention around 100 more code to know )

Cons

- Rude customer/ Treat cashier like doormat - Customer who expect us to know EVERYTHING INSIDE OUT like not putting on a code( tie code paper on the plastic bag) for a freaking-spices. And not knowing what they're buying and say we Cashier suppose to know that. - Manager/Supervisor should get more "management" class - Lack of communication between new hires and Front End Supervisor - Some not-so-great co-workers

Advice to Management

- Please be reasonable and understanding. - Be friendly with your employees even though you dont like it

RSS Feed </> Embed