Local Lighthouse Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.7
Eric Oakley

Reliable place to make a good check plus residual and help people at the same time. Win, Win, Win

I have been working at Local Lighthouse full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great pay Payed weekly Residual on EVERY DEAL Great upbeat and fun enviroment The most rewarding part is helping small business owners expand their business and to know in the back of my mind I am helping them feed their families.

Cons

The candy machine steals my money sometimes. :( my commute is far coming from South Orange County everyday

Advice to Management

When it comes to management they have mentored me in so many ways. I am forever thankful.

2. Local Lighthouse

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

I have been working at Local Lighthouse full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Professional & fun work environment, All management and executives use an open door policy. Weekends off, Over-Time opportunities, Company is big on promoting within. Multiple opportunities for growth.

Cons

There isn't any cons, Management is always looking to lead and help their employees grow.

Advice to Management

Management is doing a great job! Keep doing what you are doing

3. Great place to work.

Current Employee - Marketing Representative in Orange, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing Representative in Orange, CA

Pros

Wonderful company. Best company to work for in Orange County.

Cons

I can think of none.

5. Local Lighthouse Top SEO Co.!

I have been working at Local Lighthouse full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great business model, great leadership, excellent training, and overall the best employment staff I have ever worked with!

Cons

I really personally have not encountered any cons well working for this SEO establishment, I really believe I found the company that really does it right!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and Maeson is the best team leader plus his team is obviously the best as well duh :)

Customer Service Representative

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Costa Mesa, CA

Pros

Same day hire. Pay is pretty good. I was told they usually start people around $12 per hour. My pay was $12.50. Computers with double monitors. Your own Cubicle.

Cons

Ten minute breaks. Thirty minute lunch. Most of your customer service calls will be people trying to cancel their service. And LLH makes you rebuttal for at least 10 minutes before you can transfer the call so customers can cancel. Very strict with time. One minute late will get you written up. Things change really fast. Like using one CRM software and then switching to another with your only training being watching someone click around and talk about the program. Heavy, very heavy phones. A lot of calls and customer service has to make really long comments and support tickets. No wrap-up time. CSR's will have a lot of tabs open and a lot of notes to go through when calls slow down. Most representative can be heard arguing and being rude to customers. Customer satisfaction is low. One can get in trouble easily. Meaning, if a supervisor decides they don't like you, they can approach you, call you, chat you all they want. No one watches the supervisors and managers for signs of fowl office politics. And when a supervisor turns you in to a manager, that's it, your written up. It won't matter what the customer service rep says.

Advice to Management

Treat subordinates like paying customers, because, ultimately, that's what they are. Happy employees make happy customers. Don't let a supervisor walk into your office and say, oh, that guy or girl has an attitude and then you write them up for something or another. See what the real issue is.

7. There and back again!

Current Employee - Sales in Orange, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in Orange, CA

I have been working at Local Lighthouse full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I was with this company when they started, I left because of a personal life circumstance. I stayed in contact with Local Lighthouse over he years and they always cared how I was doing (even though not on their team) This is a company that not only values their employees, but the customer as well. They are constantly working to improve the product for the customers and processes for the sales reps. I have taken several calls from customers telling me that the site created and rankings are a blessing to their business and have saved them on their budget while producing better than things the were doing before. When it comes to feeling truly valued in a large corporate environment, that can be tough, but they knock it out the park!

Cons

As management there can be some long hours, but that is to be expected (if you care about your clients and team). Getting the whole company together, as there are multiple offices, would be nice.

Advice to Management

Keep improving and never except things as they are. You have grown to be a major force in this industry (Local SEO), not only by doing this, but by doing it the right way. I am proud to be part of the Local Lighthouse Team!

8. Sales/ Marketing consultant

Current Employee - Sales Agent in Costa Mesa, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Agent in Costa Mesa, CA

I have been working at Local Lighthouse full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great money and people. Fun environment and great management. Also residuals and Benefits!

Cons

if i had to pick a con it would just be that there is lack of training and no base so it strictly commission only. I wish there was a base on top of commission and wish there was vacation pay.

Advice to Management

More one on one training!!! make it mandatory when someone is under 5 deals in a week!!!!!

9. Best place to work!

Current Employee - Manager of Creative and Reputational Content in Tustin, CA
    Current Employee - Manager of Creative and Reputational Content in Tustin, CA

I have been working at Local Lighthouse full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Local Lighthouse is focused on career development and opportunities for their employees. They have a great culture unmatchable compensation and excellent benefits.

Cons

Can get loud at times but that is expected for a company with such a large sales force.

Advice to Management

It would be nice to have a monthly all hands meeting with all employees and company leadership.

Current Employee- Sales

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Orange, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Orange, CA

I have been working at Local Lighthouse full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The pay is great, they pay you 101% commission on every deal. Great office, professional setting, enmployees, good vibes overall.

Cons

It's phone sales, its a con in general. But if you grind you will find success here.

Advice to Management

New dialer message to stand out from all the other companies. More direct to the consumer on the other end. something like "push one if you are interested in perhaps getting your business on the first page amongst your competitors" it will filter out the bad leads faster.

11. Good People

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Costa Mesa, CA

Pros

Coffee Machine & great work atmosphere

Cons

Phone system was down a lot sometimes it was a mess!

Advice to Management

Be nicer to employees

Local Lighthouse Response

Jul 8, 2015 – Vice President ofSales

Your feedback is greatly appreciated and will help us better serve our current and future employees. We apologize for any telephone issues you may have experienced during your time with Local ... More

RSS Feed </> Embed