Local Lighthouse

Eric Oakley

Glad I left

Sales (Former Employee)
    Tustin, CA

ProsGood money if you can sleep at night

ConsScammers promising front page...that's it

Advice to Senior ManagementYou will not listen so why?

Flag Review
    Local Lighthouse Director of Sales responded to this review Jun 18, 2014 EditDelete
    We are not "scammers", we do promise front page placement on the search engines and have a 30-90 day guarantee for all of our clients.

Boilerroom attitude.

Sales (Former Employee)
    Tustin, CA

ProsNone, unless you like to strong arm small businesses into cheap websites and front page of Google, Guaranteed. Funny.

ConsEarning money to scam small business

Advice to Senior ManagementClose your doors, quit scamming small businesses.

About to quit this Boiler Room!

Sales (Current Employee)

Pros200 dollars per sale. After taxes $182

Consscheduled hours, but NO hourly pay. Constantly being threatened to be fired , Micro managing. no employee appreciation.No Support, Poor Training. Little to no Positive feedback. It is always the employee's fault even when everyone doesn't get a sale.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a communication class. Learn How to be good leaders. Negative Reinforcement Sucks, Try positive reinforcement You will get Further. Stop Micro Managing. Get leaders that actually know what they are doing. Put into management people that know how to sell a product more than one way. Show appreciation for your employee's

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Typical Boiler room. It is all about the grind and sales.

Tustin, CA

ProsGreat Location. Paid weekly. Not a lot of Dailer or computer problems. The basic service provided are things business owners can get for themselves. But most do not know how to do it or the time.

ConsPitch is 100% emotional sale. No real value. They do make sure the listings are currently submitted, but after client accepts the website they are charged for everything per the agreement. They reuse data over and over and prospective clients are pissed. Watch out for snakes in the Shark tank. High turnover for sales as well as clients

Advice to Senior ManagementTake care of your employees, and your clients. A company that takes advantage of the employees will do the same for their clients and vise versa.

Local Lighthouse Gives SEO a Bad Name

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Pros- Unlimited coffee and snacks
    - Good salary for an entry level position
    - Clean, comfortable offices, in good area of town
    - Laid back atmosphere

Cons- Basically a boiler room scam, focused on signing up clients rather than retaining current clients
    - Repetitive, low quality work to meet the bare minimum requirements of each contract so the client can't pursue legal action to get their money back
    - The guilt that arises from taking money from small family businesses all over the country while providing almost no value in return
    - High employee turnover rate as they are fired or leave for legitimate opportunities
    - No benefits

Advice to Senior Management- Get a sustainable business model that isn't built on scamming small business owners who aren't internet savvy

great working enviornment

Prosgreat pay structure. commission based

Conscould improve on quality of data

Advice to Senior Managementcould improve on quality of data

best place to work

Sales (Current Employee)
    Costa Mesa, CA

Proscompetitive weekly pay, great environment, good management, top leads, best seo company in oc. spiffs, monthly prizes, awards to top reps. no place i'd rather work at!

Consthere are no cons about this place

Love Coming To Work Every Day!

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)
    Tustin, CA

ProsWonderful place to work with the greatest co-workers and face to face interaction with all levels of management who encourage new ideas daily. They are always looking for ways to improve and growing rather rapidly as a whole. Nothing but great things in their future.

ConsNeeds to offer employees more training and workshops and also more opportunities for growth in the company, which will more than likely be coming in the near future, as this company expands.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing! I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company.

One of the Best Companies I have ever worked for

Sales Manager/Trainer (Current Employee)
    Tustin, CA

ProsSurrounded by quality employees. Get paid every week. Very positive culture and sales floor. Management is always there to help. Company is continuing to grow every month. Have the potential to make over $2,000-$3,000 every single week.

ConsNot enough spiffs, also the sales floor could be bigger.

Advice to Senior ManagementTo grow the sales floor and invest in marketing ourselves to get more potential clients.

All around great place to work!

Resource Manager (Current Employee)
    Tustin, CA

ProsI currently work for Local Lighthouse and I honestly can say I enjoy coming to work everyday! The people I work with are great, and the environement is always positive and constructive.

ConsAt times can be stressful with meeting quotas!

Worked for Local Lighthouse? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Local Lighthouse reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Local Lighthouse CEO Eric Oakley. All 17 reviews posted anonymously by Local Lighthouse employees.