Local Lighthouse
www.locallighthouse.com Tustin, CA 16 to 50 Employees

Local Lighthouse Reviews

Updated Dec 3, 2013

Eric Oakley

About to quit this Boiler Room!

Sales (Current Employee)

Pros200 dollars per sale. After taxes $182

Consscheduled hours, but NO hourly pay. Constantly being threatened to be fired , Micro managing. no employee appreciation.No Support, Poor Training. Little to no Positive feedback. It is always the employee's fault even when everyone doesn't get a sale.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a communication class. Learn How to be good leaders. Negative Reinforcement Sucks, Try positive reinforcement You will get Further. Stop Micro Managing. Get leaders that actually know what they are doing. Put into management people that know how to sell a product more than one way. Show appreciation for your employee's

Typical Boiler room. It is all about the grind and sales.

I have been working at Local Lighthouse full-time

ProsGreat Location. Paid weekly. Not a lot of Dailer or computer problems. The basic service provided are things business owners can get for themselves. But most do not know how to do it or the time.

ConsPitch is 100% emotional sale. No real value. They do make sure the listings are currently submitted, but after client accepts the website they are charged for everything per the agreement. They reuse data over and over and prospective clients are pissed. Watch out for snakes in the Shark tank. High turnover for sales as well as clients

Advice to Senior ManagementTake care of your employees, and your clients. A company that takes advantage of the employees will do the same for their clients and vise versa.

Local Lighthouse Gives SEO a Bad Name

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Local Lighthouse full-time for less than a year

Pros- Unlimited coffee and snacks
- Good salary for an entry level position
- Clean, comfortable offices, in good area of town
- Laid back atmosphere

Cons- Basically a boiler room scam, focused on signing up clients rather than retaining current clients
- Repetitive, low quality work to meet the bare minimum requirements of each contract so the client can't pursue legal action to get their money back
- The guilt that arises from taking money from small family businesses all over the country while providing almost no value in return
- High employee turnover rate as they are fired or leave for legitimate opportunities
- No benefits

Advice to Senior Management- Get a sustainable business model that isn't built on scamming small business owners who aren't internet savvy

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

great working enviornment

I have been working at Local Lighthouse

Prosgreat pay structure. commission based

Conscould improve on quality of data

Advice to Senior Managementcould improve on quality of data

Love Coming To Work Every Day!

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)
Tustin, CA

I have been working at Local Lighthouse full-time for less than a year

ProsWonderful place to work with the greatest co-workers and face to face interaction with all levels of management who encourage new ideas daily. They are always looking for ways to improve and growing rather rapidly as a whole. Nothing but great things in their future.

ConsNeeds to offer employees more training and workshops and also more opportunities for growth in the company, which will more than likely be coming in the near future, as this company expands.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing! I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company.

One of the Best Companies I have ever worked for

Sales Manager/Trainer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Local Lighthouse full-time for more than a year

ProsSurrounded by quality employees. Get paid every week. Very positive culture and sales floor. Management is always there to help. Company is continuing to grow every month. Have the potential to make over $2,000-$3,000 every single week.

ConsNot enough spiffs, also the sales floor could be bigger.

Advice to Senior ManagementTo grow the sales floor and invest in marketing ourselves to get more potential clients.

All around great place to work!

Resource Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Local Lighthouse full-time for more than a year

ProsI currently work for Local Lighthouse and I honestly can say I enjoy coming to work everyday! The people I work with are great, and the environement is always positive and constructive.

ConsAt times can be stressful with meeting quotas!

Treated fairly and fun place to work

Sales (Current Employee)

I have been working at Local Lighthouse full-time for more than 3 years

ProsFair management, professional office, the sales team all wear ties, lunch truck, great morale and fun.

ConsWe run out of coffee cups too often. Not much bad stuff to say. I like all the people here.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore sales spiffs! Thanks for the opportunity. I look forward to three more years!

Professional and Consultative

Sales Consultant (Current Employee)

I have been working at Local Lighthouse full-time for more than 3 years

Pros-You can have confidence as a sales professional that what you say to the client will be followed through with (Great website, Local Visibility). Welcome call ensures that sales people don't over promise the product just to get the sale and expectations are met
-Great work environment
-Owners actually care about employees

ConsToo lenient on sales reps that sell a lot but continue to act unprofessional.

Rising star with good SEO results

Development (Current Employee)

I have been working at Local Lighthouse full-time for more than a year

Pros- Comfortable working environment
- Ability to have input with the company direction
- Competitive pay
- Snacks, trips to the movies
- Management with experience

Cons- Morning traffic in Orange county stinks.

Advice to Senior ManagementCan't wait to see our further accomplishments for this coming year.

Worked for Local Lighthouse? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Local Lighthouse reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Local Lighthouse CEO Eric Oakley. All 14 reviews posted anonymously by Local Lighthouse employees.