Local Lighthouse

www.locallighthouse.com

Local Lighthouse Reviews

Updated Jul 27, 2014

Eric Oakley

All around great place to work!

Resource Manager (Current Employee) Tustin, CA

ProsI currently work for Local Lighthouse and I honestly can say I enjoy coming to work everyday! The people I work with are great, and the environement is always positive and constructive.

ConsAt times can be stressful with meeting quotas!

Treated fairly and fun place to work

Sales (Current Employee) Tustin, CA

ProsFair management, professional office, the sales team all wear ties, lunch truck, great morale and fun.

ConsWe run out of coffee cups too often. Not much bad stuff to say. I like all the people here.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore sales spiffs! Thanks for the opportunity. I look forward to three more years!

About to quit this Boiler Room!

Sales (Current Employee) Tustin, CA

Pros200 dollars per sale. After taxes $182

Consscheduled hours, but NO hourly pay. Constantly being threatened to be fired , Micro managing. no employee appreciation.No Support, Poor Training. Little to no Positive feedback. It is always the employee's fault even when everyone doesn't get a sale.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a communication class. Learn How to be good leaders. Negative Reinforcement Sucks, Try positive reinforcement You will get Further. Stop Micro Managing. Get leaders that actually know what they are doing. Put into management people that know how to sell a product more than one way. Show appreciation for your employee's

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

If you were here long enough to pass judgement such as myself you'd know this is one of the best places to work!

Quality Assurance (Current Employee) Tustin, CA

ProsBosses treat us like equals with open door policy, never ask us to do something they would not, have morals and character, uphold promises to us as employees and our clients, treat us with respect, listen to our ideas, thoughts, and implement ideas they see that will work.

ConsI have to drive 25 minutes! Ya thats it.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up fellas, you guys make me proud to work here and I love the company that I know also loves me.

Great Place to Work!

Service Marketing Representative (Current Employee) Tustin, CA

ProsLots of room for growth. Lots of incentives given for good work, and goals being met. Ideas are always taken with open minds. Competitive Pay. Comfortable working conditions. Big kitchen with lots of provided snacks & coffee. Desks can be personalized with pictures / candles, to give it a touch of you. Plenty of random company get-to-gethers (movies, pool, bowling, etc) Laid back and just overall a great place to work!

ConsI don't have a window view from my desk (my big comfy desk I might add)....

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work - and let's make it a great 2013!!!!!

The truth on Local Lighthouse

SEO Technician (Current Employee) Tustin, CA

ProsAs someone who has worked at this company since it was an idea to think on. And speaking as one who has worked in every department this company has and has experienced every avenue from customer service to sales, to retention, to design and SEO.

Local Lighthouse provides a laid back work environment with a management staff that isn't breathing down your neck and micro managing you like its a prison.

If you give Local Lighthouse the respect of working hard, they give you the respect you deserve in return.

The hours are standard, they hardly ask for overtime and most that do put in extra hours volunteer to do so.

I have personally seen the fruits of our companies labor and product we provide to our clients. I speak to clients on a daily basis of those who have cancelled with us because WE GAVE THEM TOO MUCH BUSINESS. I mean how nuts is that.

Yes SEO doesn't work for everyone but that's why we have different products to offer to tailor each potential clients needs.

I heard someone review us once that said, "this is something any business owner could do for themselves"

My answer to that is: "well no duh Sherlock, every businessman could learn to do half the things needed to run their business, but you'd run yourself into the ground. So relieve the stress and pay someone else to"

Paying someone else to do something you could learn to do yourself is what employ's people in American business.

I could learn how to record my own T.V. commercials and buy the spots from the network, but why do that when I could pay a Media Company with connections to do it for me?

Local Lighthouse has been nothing but a pleasure for me and I have learned more than I could list here that will aid me not only in this business, but any other.

It's a shame people only look for the negative to make themselves feel better about being a lesser employee than they could have been.

ConsIf you had any logic, you'd realize there isn't any.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep to the course, as one will often reach their destiny on any road they take to avoid it.

Rising star with good SEO results

Development (Current Employee) Tustin, CA

Pros- Comfortable working environment
    - Ability to have input with the company direction
    - Competitive pay
    - Snacks, trips to the movies
    - Management with experience

Cons- Morning traffic in Orange county stinks.

Advice to Senior ManagementCan't wait to see our further accomplishments for this coming year.

Professional and Consultative

Sales Consultant (Current Employee) Tustin, CA

Pros-You can have confidence as a sales professional that what you say to the client will be followed through with (Great website, Local Visibility). Welcome call ensures that sales people don't over promise the product just to get the sale and expectations are met
    -Great work environment
    -Owners actually care about employees

ConsToo lenient on sales reps that sell a lot but continue to act unprofessional.

Typical Boiler room. It is all about the grind and sales.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Tustin, CA

ProsGreat Location. Paid weekly. Not a lot of Dailer or computer problems. The basic service provided are things business owners can get for themselves. But most do not know how to do it or the time.

ConsPitch is 100% emotional sale. No real value. They do make sure the listings are currently submitted, but after client accepts the website they are charged for everything per the agreement. They reuse data over and over and prospective clients are pissed. Watch out for snakes in the Shark tank. High turnover for sales as well as clients

Advice to Senior ManagementTake care of your employees, and your clients. A company that takes advantage of the employees will do the same for their clients and vise versa.

Local Lighthouse: GREAT place to work!

ProsGreat Atmosphere.
    Great Opportunities for those willing to work hard.
    Comfortable working conditions.
    Just a positive and upbeat environment.

ConsCan't think of any cons. I love what i do and where i work!

Advice to Senior ManagementLet's keep doing what we are doing!

Worked for Local Lighthouse? Contribute to the Community!