Local Lighthouse Reviews

Reset

Never Again!

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at Local Lighthouse full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

20 word minimum?! Well let me see...This was a very short lived job for me, but I guess you could say that there was a coffee machine, and let me just say that being hopped up on caffeine really was the highlight of my day there. I did like the people there as well and it would've been a fun job overall but.....

Cons

The customer service....So this was my job, answering phone calls and getting verbally harassed by unsatisfied customers ALL DAY! I mean, one or two I could handle, but I swear like almost every call I got was a complaint. I was expected to do damage control and was instructed not to pass the call on to a manager unless absolutely necessary. They briefly trained us on what answers to give, but there's only so many excuses you can give before literally having you head chewed up. I seriously would go home and drink myself to sleep just to deal with the stress. Thank god I had the good sense to quit!

Advice to Management

Get a complaints department and have the sales team be more transparent so that your customer service doesn't get yelled at all day. Getting yelled at really isn't fun for anyone and I wished the managers would be more supportive and help take some of the heat off us....I didn't get paid enough for taking all that verbal abuse!

Jul 27, 2015 – Corporate Reputatiom

Local Lighthouse appreciates your feedback. We are sorry to hear of your experience while working with the company. Customer service is a difficult job. While it’s understandable that customers might ... More

2. Sexist Company

Pros

If you never take a day off work, and are a selling machine you can make okay money. Max low 6 figures with zero educational requirement.

Cons

No female management. They reward men only for their first sale with cut that tie chant.

Advice to Management

Figure out a way to reward men and women without isolating them by their gender for their achievements. Yelling at the team about the company culture does not mean you have a great culture. Clearly define your cultural values and take steps that demonstrate what you want it to be.

Jul 20, 2015 – Corporate Reputatiom

At Local Lighthouse, we take pride in being an equal opportunity employer. We strive to recruit, hire, train, and promote regardless of gender, race, religion, ethnic origin, sexual orientation ... More

THIS PLACE IS A JOKE!!!

Current Employee - On Boarding in Costa Mesa, CA
    Current Employee - On Boarding in Costa Mesa, CA

Pros

Most people that work here are wonderful! Sales reps have the typical wanna be "wolf of Wall Street" all little scammers. Oops getting off subject.....well they have a free coffee, clean bathrooms, nice break room, 2 fridges, 2 microwaves, decent pay, and that's about it.

Cons

Was fired without any reason! Pulled me in an office and handed last paycheck and a paper with 3 dates listed and Read performance has not improved.Asked everyday if I had to correct anything, I was told I was doing a good job. They did not pull me aside and said I needed to correct anything. Enough about that but this place has poor reviews they cold call and make it sound like they are Google, when sales reps transfer the call, majority of the clients end up looking it up on google and back out. This company does not have a solid ground, everything is scripted and fake!!! Sales reps lie to clients about promos and waive non existing fees! Employees are leaving and getting fired on the daily! I recommend after reading this to go on yelp and look at the reviews, then ask yourself if you want to work for a cold hearted, money hungry fake company that has a poor reviews.

Advice to Management

A manager at Mc Donald's could manage this place better than you! Get yourself a big mac and sit down with a manager and take notes. This place need JESUS!

FIRED FOR SUPPOSEDLY SMELL LIKE MARIJUANA AS A LICENEDSED MEDICAL MARIJUANA PATIENT

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

Pros

You can make good money here

Cons

if you are a medical marijuana patient and have a valid rec from a DR and smell like it at work they will fire you with out any evidence that you used marijuana that day or not, for that I am filinf a lawsuit.

Advice to Management

Do not let your managers do cocaine with employees and then fire the ones who do not participate as retaliation, just stenches of a lawsuit...

Jul 8, 2015 – Vice President ofSales

For legal reasons we are not at liberty to disclose specific details regarding this former employee or the events described above. Local Lighthouse maintains a zero tolerance drug & alcohol ... More

TELEMARKETING: NO LEADS/AUTODIALER

Former Employee - Account Executive in Tustin, CA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Tustin, CA

I worked at Local Lighthouse (Less than a year)

Pros

It was located in a nice office,

Cons

This place is straight telemarketing! You are not told that at all. Great $ doutbful. people looked scuzzy.

Advice to Management

Be up front what the job is. Most people need guaranteed $. Not a get rich scheme if you keep pressing. No real qualified Leeds. TELEMARKETING w/ AUTODIALER!!!!!

Jun 17, 2015 – Vice President ofSales

We really appreciate your feedback. Our apologies if there was a misunderstanding. Any individual applying for employment at Local Lighthouse is made aware of the compensation plan currently in ... More

THEY DON'T TAKE CARE OF THEIR EMPLOYEES AS WELL AS THEY CLAIM TO

Former Employee - Sales in Orange, CA
    Former Employee - Sales in Orange, CA

I worked at Local Lighthouse full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

High pay (if you can get sales), good hours, perks, good coffee, lovely break room, great surroundings Just opened a new office in Orange next to The Block

Cons

Terrible online reviews, management was way too pushy in getting people's sales numbers up and hitting goals, there was no real support system, the managers act like they care but don't, their deceptive automated message makes people think they're Google, and the dress code is much too strict for a casual sales job. I was let go after less than 2 weeks. I was struggling to get sales, I asked for help, and they just flat out fired me. Sales were hard to get because the online reviews were really bad and people didn't like the 6-month contract. If you don't sell, it's all your fault and you're fired.

Advice to Management

Fix your product and your online reviews before you blame it all on the salesperson. Learn to take some accountability. Give people a chance to get acquainted with the system and the product before you fire them over low sales. Your quotas are almost impossible. And give them better tools to succeed. Get rid of the meetings where you make prior feel bad for not hitting certain numbers. And get rid of the super-corporate dress code; it's really unnecessary.

Jun 17, 2015 – Vice President ofSales

We appreciate your feedback. We have recently hired someone to manage our reputation. We are hopping reviews will not be an issue much longer. Unfortunately when in sales productivity is important ... More

8. Amazing team to work with, and management is awesome!

Former Employee - Local Light House in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Local Light House in Irvine, CA

I worked at Local Lighthouse full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I worked with this company for about 1-2 years. The pro's are a positive atmosphere, nice office, and opportunity for growth, and spiffs. To the negative review regarding customer service above, you are so wrong with your review. I worked as a customer service rep and the whole management staff, including the CEO was friendly, caring, and truly appreciated my work EVERYDAY. It is normal for changes in any Call Center Environment, for management to test new ideas for the company. I have not worked there for about 3 years, and am still friends with my former employees and management.

Cons

No health coverage, or holiday pay.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing!

Enjoyable work environment with a product that actually works!

Current Employee - Sales in Costa Mesa, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in Costa Mesa, CA

I have been working at Local Lighthouse full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Knowledgeable supervisors who are able to increase your product knowledge and help you out when you need it. Actually CARES about each one of their customers and delivering the best customer service! All of the the employees are outgoing, friendly and have character. It's also a huge plus to work for a company that has a very nice office. The office hours 7am-4pm are great, with the option to stay later if you have clients to follow up with or want to put in extra work. Also I love that every single meeting we have the GM motivates us through positivity, and he himself will jump on our phones to help any time

Cons

The worst thing I can say is that SOME mornings the coffee machine isn't working until 7am(our official starting time).. But if that's my biggest issue in a company I work, life can't be too bad

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you're doing! I appreciate the opportunity to work for you guys and all of the tools to success you've given me, included the knowledgeable supervisors and team leaders.

10. I love my Job!!!

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Costa Mesa, CA

Pros

The Pay is amazing and most importantly REAL. no gimmicks or games you make money that can change your life. It feels amazing when a client calls to tell you how much better business has been. It feels good knowing your not only making amazing money, your helping people too. Atmosphere is great and the people are friendly.

Cons

I really have no cons about this job

Advice to Management

I appreciate you and thankful for local lighthouse. I'm excited for 2015 lets bring it.

11. Best SEO Company to work for PERIOD!!!!

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Costa Mesa, CA

Pros

First off Excellent pay I'm on pace to make over $100K for the year. they give out monthly spiffs, I Have already won a "52" Smart TV, Wireless Headset and Apple TV! Selling front page of Google at an affordable price + They have Great Leads always a plus! I love the Company Culture, Everyone is upbeat, fast paced environment. No Place I'd rather work at PERIOD!

Cons

No Cons at all

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing can't wait for next year.

RSS Feed </> Embed