Local Lighthouse

Updated July 27, 2014
Updated July 27, 2014

4.0

Eric Oakley

All around great place to work!

Current Employee - Resource Manager  in  Tustin, CA
    Current Employee - Resource Manager in Tustin, CA

Pros

I currently work for Local Lighthouse and I honestly can say I enjoy coming to work everyday! The people I work with are great, and the environement is always positive and constructive.

Cons

At times can be stressful with meeting quotas!

Treated fairly and fun place to work

Current Employee - Sales  in  Tustin, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in Tustin, CA

Pros

Fair management, professional office, the sales team all wear ties, lunch truck, great morale and fun.

Cons

We run out of coffee cups too often. Not much bad stuff to say. I like all the people here.

More sales spiffs! Thanks for the opportunity. I look forward to three more years!

About to quit this Boiler Room!

Current Employee - Sales  in  Tustin, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in Tustin, CA

Pros

200 dollars per sale. After taxes $182

Cons

scheduled hours, but NO hourly pay. Constantly being threatened to be fired , Micro managing. no employee appreciation.No Support, Poor Training. Little to no Positive feedback. It is always the employee's fault even when everyone doesn't get a sale.

Take a communication class. Learn How to be good leaders. Negative Reinforcement Sucks, Try positive reinforcement You will get Further. Stop Micro Managing. Get leaders that actually know what they are doing. Put into management people that know how to sell a product more than one way. Show appreciation for your employee's

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Professional and Consultative

Current Employee - Sales Consultant  in  Tustin, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Tustin, CA

Pros

-You can have confidence as a sales professional that what you say to the client will be followed through with (Great website, Local Visibility). Welcome call ensures that sales people don't over promise the product just to get the sale and expectations are met
    -Great work environment
    -Owners actually care about employees

Cons

Too lenient on sales reps that sell a lot but continue to act unprofessional.

If you were here long enough to pass judgement such as myself you'd know this is one of the best places to work!

Current Employee - Quality Assurance  in  Tustin, CA
    Current Employee - Quality Assurance in Tustin, CA

Pros

Bosses treat us like equals with open door policy, never ask us to do something they would not, have morals and character, uphold promises to us as employees and our clients, treat us with respect, listen to our ideas, thoughts, and implement ideas they see that will work.

Cons

I have to drive 25 minutes! Ya thats it.

Keep it up fellas, you guys make me proud to work here and I love the company that I know also loves me.

Great Place to Work!

Current Employee - Service Marketing Representative  in  Tustin, CA
    Current Employee - Service Marketing Representative in Tustin, CA

Pros

Lots of room for growth. Lots of incentives given for good work, and goals being met. Ideas are always taken with open minds. Competitive Pay. Comfortable working conditions. Big kitchen with lots of provided snacks & coffee. Desks can be personalized with pictures / candles, to give it a touch of you. Plenty of random company get-to-gethers (movies, pool, bowling, etc) Laid back and just overall a great place to work!

Cons

I don't have a window view from my desk (my big comfy desk I might add)....

Keep up the great work - and let's make it a great 2013!!!!!

The truth on Local Lighthouse

Current Employee - SEO Technician  in  Tustin, CA
    Current Employee - SEO Technician in Tustin, CA

Pros

As someone who has worked at this company since it was an idea to think on. And speaking as one who has worked in every department this company has and has experienced every avenue from customer service to sales, to retention, to design and SEO.

Local Lighthouse provides a laid back work environment with a management staff that isn't breathing down your neck and micro managing you like its a prison.

If you give Local Lighthouse the respect of working hard, they give you the respect you deserve in return.

The hours are standard, they hardly ask for overtime and most that do put in extra hours volunteer to do so.

I have personally seen the fruits of our companies labor and product we provide to our clients. I speak to clients on a daily basis of those who have cancelled with us because WE GAVE THEM TOO MUCH BUSINESS. I mean how nuts is that.

Yes SEO doesn't work for everyone but that's why we have different products to offer to tailor each potential clients needs.

I heard someone review us once that said, "this is something any business owner could do for themselves"

My answer to that is: "well no duh Sherlock, every businessman could learn to do half the things needed to run their business, but you'd run yourself into the ground. So relieve the stress and pay someone else to"

Paying someone else to do something you could learn to do yourself is what employ's people in American business.

I could learn how to record my own T.V. commercials and buy the spots from the network, but why do that when I could pay a Media Company with connections to do it for me?

Local Lighthouse has been nothing but a pleasure for me and I have learned more than I could list here that will aid me not only in this business, but any other.

It's a shame people only look for the negative to make themselves feel better about being a lesser employee than they could have been.

Cons

If you had any logic, you'd realize there isn't any.

Keep to the course, as one will often reach their destiny on any road they take to avoid it.

Rising star with good SEO results

Current Employee - Development  in  Tustin, CA
    Current Employee - Development in Tustin, CA

Pros

- Comfortable working environment
    - Ability to have input with the company direction
    - Competitive pay
    - Snacks, trips to the movies
    - Management with experience

Cons

- Morning traffic in Orange county stinks.

Can't wait to see our further accomplishments for this coming year.

Typical Boiler room. It is all about the grind and sales.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Tustin, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tustin, CA

Pros

Great Location. Paid weekly. Not a lot of Dailer or computer problems. The basic service provided are things business owners can get for themselves. But most do not know how to do it or the time.

Cons

Pitch is 100% emotional sale. No real value. They do make sure the listings are currently submitted, but after client accepts the website they are charged for everything per the agreement. They reuse data over and over and prospective clients are pissed. Watch out for snakes in the Shark tank. High turnover for sales as well as clients

Take care of your employees, and your clients. A company that takes advantage of the employees will do the same for their clients and vise versa.

Local Lighthouse: GREAT place to work!

Pros

Great Atmosphere.
    Great Opportunities for those willing to work hard.
    Comfortable working conditions.
    Just a positive and upbeat environment.

Cons

Can't think of any cons. I love what i do and where i work!

Let's keep doing what we are doing!

Worked for Local Lighthouse? Contribute to the Community!