Localytics Reviews

6 reviews filtered by
5.0
Raj Aggarwal

People and Professional Development Come First

I have been working at Localytics full-time

Pros

Striking a balance between competition and comradery is a challenge for all sales departments, but Localytics has perfected it. It is not hard to remain upbeat and energetic when the product you are selling is thorough and adds real value to the end user or when you are surrounded by sales talent. Fantastic experience, keep up the good work!

Cons

none, i have never been more satisfied by an employer

Advice to Management

keep hiring the best and pushing for the best from employees

Veteran leadership and vision driving the excitement of a start-up culture with start-up buzz.

Current Employee - Sales in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Sales in Boston, MA

I have been working at Localytics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Simply put, the best culture at any company I've ever worked at. High energy leadership who are very involved in helping the entire company in all facets. Sales, Marketing, Support, Product and Engineering all get along great and there is never any friction at company events. The office environment is energetic and focused in a way that it's tough not to be productive. Lastly, all department leadership are impressive in their respective disciplines and it's easy to have full confidence that if you're doing your job you can count on everyone else to do their work.

Cons

As with all sales jobs the work-life balance can be a tricky one but the unlimited PTO does a lot to ease that. Sometimes senior leadership gets overly involved but it's always for good reasons, it can just cause a bit of a restrictions that are unnecessary. On the whole, no overwhelming cons.

Advice to Management

Let your department leads have the final say.

Exceptional company all around!

Current Employee - UI/User Experience Designer in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - UI/User Experience Designer in Boston, MA

I have been working at Localytics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Top reason to work here is the people you'll work with. Everyone is at the top of their game, cares about their work, and wants the company to be successful. The leadership knows what they're doing and strikes a good balance between firm direction and autonomous guidance, and remains 100% transparent about everything. They are open to and listen to suggestions and actually care about the employees. There's huge growth going on and no shortage of areas to work on, so it's easy to find ways to be successful, and you're genuinely recognized for your contribution. Everyone works hard, but we also have flexibility to fit it into our lives, and everyone's super positive and understanding around that. Finally, people are fun and great to hang out with, and we have beer on tap which helps with the relaxed feel.

Cons

Slight challenges, more than cons. The work is highly challenging and we're in a very fast paced market so there's a lot of pressure to build a competitive product, but it's more systematic than pressure. People tend to have many opinions and are all very smart, so it's sometimes difficult to come to consensus with so many cooks in the kitchen. Organized culture and events are slightly lacking as well, but we're improving as we grow, and the influx of new people helps a lot. Biggest gripe: not enough space. But we're working on it.

Advice to Management

Keep up the transparency and honesty, it really works. And keep up the great culture all the great improvements going on.

5. Great Clients, Great Coworkers, Great Opportunities

Current Employee - Solutions Consultant in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Solutions Consultant in Boston, MA

I have been working at Localytics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've gained a lot of experience working with sophisticated clients trying to do cool things in the mobile space with Localytics and the team here has really let me get as involved as possible with all facets of the client relationship and technical and business side of advising them.

Cons

Like any startup, structure and direction for employees trying to do as much as possible was initially lacking, though honestly with the recent growth there is a good deal more focus on putting energy in the right places and it's paying off.

Advice to Management

Keep hiring great people! These are some of the best people to work with in my startup experience so far, and the level of talent only makes me want to keep working my best as well.

Great company with great people.

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Boston, MA

I have been working at Localytics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work is interesting and you're surrounded by brilliant people who are self-driven. Company trajectory is definitely upwards and people are proud of the product. Despite challenging work, environment is not stressful and everyone is friendly.
    Engineers are encouraged to take ownership of features and see them through from inception to maintenance. There's a wide variety of work, and the organization really supports you.

Cons

A few startup growing-pains related to temporarily-limited space and only two kegerators.

Advice to Management

Keep the culture the way it is and keep hiring great people.

Fast growing company with great product and bright people.

I worked at Localytics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lots of bright people and opportunity to learn in a dynamic environment. Great leadership and vision.

Cons

Base compensation is not as high when compared with same job roles in other companies, but this is typical for an early stage company.

Advice to Management

As you get bigger, keep maintaining the dynamism (e.g. product development speed, customer driven innovation etc.) as this is the company's greatest asset and competitive edge. Keep hiring the best people!

Localytics Photos